Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

i sure am exhausted hearing about all these celebrity deaths

just very tired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
lol power up the main thrusters c3po!!! - his final words.

a true treggi to the end. :(

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

If he was still alive after getting squashed by a car he could have changed his name to Anton Squelchin

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Finally............. a jeep product worth a poo poo!

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

luckily he was acting as a parallel universe chekov rather than the real "prime universe" chekov. hopefully true Star Trek continuity will still be preserved.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Simstim posted:

anton yelchin dies a second time from embarassment

im sure every actor would be really happy if they died and god was like "you gotta wear your stupid uniform from that show for eternity"

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

hemale in pain posted:

im sure every actor would be really happy if they died and god was like "you gotta wear your stupid uniform from that show for eternity"

They're all in hell and "gene" is the nickname of Leonard Nimoy's penis.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
As an actual, real-life samurai, I have some problems with the film The Seven Samurai.

I think 2001: A Space Odyssey is Roman Polanski's best movie.

How do I season my Crock Pot? I don't want everything cooked in it to taste the same.

Can I use olive oil instead of water, when cooking pasta?

Evian is bottled water for white trash. I prefer Dasani water imported from Italy.

I think George W. Bush is the best President ever.

I don't believe that all of you really believe what you are saying; you are all just ganging up against me.

lmfao u are so weak minded and predictablei thought i wan iggied i play ya like a card

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

all i gotta say is WUPS!!!

and oh well its not like he was paul walker who died doing like 250+ kph in a crazy rear end race car, best way to go TBH

and like both their roles will be somewhat forgotten

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ghost ride the wessel

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

May the force be with him.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Buy Jeep stocks now, sales are going to go through the roof because of the fear of product control

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
who the gently caress is going to star in alpha dog 2 now

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

ghost ride the wessel

Did this occur NEAR THE NAVAL STATION?!

IN ALAMEDA?!

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

jackyl posted:

I like how a car company has to do a recall because people can't tell if it is in park or not

not really sure which side is dumber here but I'm gonna have to go with the millennials staring at they phone instead of parking the car or seeing it roll at them

it sounds simple, but the recall was because if you put it in park with the car running, the shifter stick could pop back into the next higher position, which unfortunately for people standing downhill from their vehicle while they're getting the mail, is neutral.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
It's those goddamned hair brained gear selectors they used in various Jeeps and Chryslers that year. It's pretty easy to leave it in reverse on accident. What a stupid loving design. Unless you've driven one, it's tough to explain. It's similar to the thing that BMWs have but worse in every aspect. P doesn't have a physical position that you move the selector to, you just kind of nudge it upwards like some half assed version of the Hurst shifters of old. It's sloppy and imprecise and dumb.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 22, 2016

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

parking breaks exist for a reason and if you don't know how to properly use it you deserve to be run over

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

set phasers to P

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

social vegan posted:

set phasers to P

this is star trek we're talking about

i think it is a forgone conclusion that phasers were already set to Pedo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Thank goodness the movie was already finished before this happened.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've seen a lot of people bitching about the "confusing shifter" in their Jeep since this happened. I googled it and It's a normal shifter with Park at the top, etc. It's not a knob or pushbuttons on the dash or anything weird.

I'm sorry chekov couldn't operate an automatic transmission.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

parking breaks exist for a reason and if you don't know how to properly use it you deserve to be run over

This too.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I've seen a lot of people bitching about the "confusing shifter" in their Jeep since this happened. I googled it and It's a normal shifter with Park at the top, etc.

nah it's stupid

But in operation, the electronic shifter works more like a joystick, returning to its center position once you've selected your gear. There is no gate around the shifter; the lever itself moves through somewhat subtle detents, and the whole range of motion is incredibly short compared to a traditional mechanical shifter, perhaps two or three inches from end to end. 

parking brake is good point tho, gently caress auto transmissions anyway

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

vols bitch posted:

who the gently caress is going to star in alpha dog 2 now

That movie was great

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I like manual in suburbs or rural areas but when I worked in DC and drove a manual to work that was the worst experience ever. So I'm not sure what to think of auto companies phasing them out

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Why would I make sure my parking brake is on? What good is that?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

its good for not running yourself over

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

I like manual in suburbs or rural areas but when I worked in DC and drove a manual to work that was the worst experience ever. So I'm not sure what to think of auto companies phasing them out

Get a CVT with manual mode, bam.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Wow thanks OP, I almost forgot that this happened and was covered by other threads days ago.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
i don't like the new star trek movies as they're not "hard sci fi" enough and are more focused on cgi action sequences for the comic book movie crowd. please let me know if anyone agrees/disagrees with my opinion, tia.

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
Do you guys not have handbrakes in your monster gas guzzlers or what??

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

i don't like the new star trek movies as they're not "hard sci fi" enough and are more focused on cgi action sequences for the comic book movie crowd. please let me know if anyone agrees/disagrees with my opinion, tia.

yeha because when I think "star trek", hard scifi comes to mind.

idiot.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

lol dudes a movie star and drives a fuckin jeep

whos going to cover the lease now thats hes RIP????

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Simstim posted:

anton yelchin dies a second time from embarassment

Brando is forced to do a bad Sicilian impression for all eternity, while the cast of Wrath of Khan is slowly reassembling to lighten his load

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

numberoneposter posted:

lol dudes a movie star and drives a fuckin jeep

whos going to cover the lease now thats hes RIP????

dudes not a movie star

dude was a star trak

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Chekhov is going to end up on ST:B's version of the Genesis Planet to be reborn as Jesse Eisenberg with a ridiculous accent

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im going t o squat in his house and cause a multi-year legal ruckus for his bereaved family

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

social vegan posted:

when they reversed his car they found out he was a clingon all along

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene

mike12345 posted:

yeha because when I think "star trek", hard scifi comes to mind.

idiot.

what are some good examples of hard sci fi tia

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
galaxy quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

what are some good examples of hard sci fi tia
almost nothing

just lol if you think humanity is ever going to escape this gravity well

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/

• Locked thread