Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

If Puerto Rico can be a state then you better believe that Scotland can

Neither can be a state until they start speaking English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I'd definitely trade the Deep South for that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I don't understand what is happening. Please educate me in the next 15 mins so I sound smart at the water cooler today.

David Cameron is like Roger
Goodell and Nigel Farage just deflated his balls and overturned the 4 week suspension.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wit posted:

Because

Are you trying to argue that 18-24 year Olds are an intelligent voting block who is on the right side of history?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

argondamn posted:

the last time a bunch of racists split from a union we had a war, i want a drat war.

We had a war with Something Sensitive?:confused:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Neo Rasa posted:

So what's the new "This person must be very intelligent!" pop culture accent going to be?

That weird "my college tuition cost 6 figures" accent they use on NPR.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Will Scottish Independence be the Sexit or Scexit? If the latter, how do I pronounce it?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Does anyone have a small graph of what happened to the US economy in 1776? I would like to examine a single day of it so that I can extrapolate the entire future from it and retroactively determine whether leaving the BE was a sound financial move.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Retail Slave posted:

Then why did you loving vote, rear end in a top hat?

This question applies to everything.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Danger Mahoney posted:

Well it's the second most important state economically, just behind California. Also it controls the large majority of oil discoveries (by barrel) in the US. So no, Texas leaving would p much tank the US economy overnight.

Then again it's one of the two States that could survive completely on its own, being a net exporter of both goods and services. So it's one of the like half dozen states that could secede and do just fine, difference being an independent Texas (or California) would be possible while the others would rely heavily on assistance.

Of course the whole conversation is stupid because Texans like being in the U.S. and the only people who bring up secession are literally insane and there are probably less than a thousand of them in the whole state.

Let the Texans have the soil, we just need what's under it. Long live the Republic of California.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

khwarezm posted:

'I might hate the Muslims but at least I'm not ageist!'

All isms are bad, even ageism. That's why I'm choosing to be an ismist. Get ahead of the curve.

In 300 yards your offspring will all be railing against my conservative philosophy of everything being equal and awesome in every way. They'll take to the streets and start creating new differences among themselves just so they can have someone to hate.

Hopefully my descended earlobe descendants prevail against the skimpy earlobed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
All isms are bad except for ismism, even though it is an ism it is a different kind of ism.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

corpuscollossus posted:

Profiling immigrants as terrorists and moochers is racist

Can you define refugee in a way that does not overlap with mooching?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

it's perfectly okay and totally not a sign of immaturity or ignorance to be mad at middle eastern immigrants for attempting to seek refuge in the countries that caused the terrorists to rise to power in the first place

The countries suffering from European business interests now were powerhouses that made Europe suffer over a thousand years ago.

Frankly, Saudi Arabia is just reaping the fruit that Saladin sowed and it is pretty immature and short-sighted of them to forget that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I think we should focus on the real cause of the problem, British exceptionalism. Every loving time Europe unites under a single banner the British go and ruin it. The people's of Europe began coalescing under the banner of the Roman Catholic Church, creating a truly free euro zone with Latin as a lingua franca and christ as a shared cultural touchstone through which all Europeans could learn to treat each other as brethren through.

And then someone hosed it all up by translating the bible into the vulgar tongues.

The death of Europe began in 1522. The last 500 years of history have just been the Occidental Giant slowly falling. When he hits the ground we will all be gone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

cool and good posted:

I know you're just chichevache posting but this was a dumb post even for you

The Brexit is a consequence of Persian aggression at Plataea, which is itself a response to the Assyrian collapse. Europe needs to present a unified front or else risk being overrun by the nigh-invincible peoples of the Steppe.

Praise God, Putin has the foresight to keep Ukraine from being able to unite under a single tribal leader. I know the mayfly lifestyle of Americans leads to short memories, but we are only 200 years removed from almost 3 millenia of Steppe dominance. The agrarians need to drive the killing blow into migratory people's now, while we still can.

Never forget, the Middle East took 600 years to recover from the Mongol Invasion.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

A Magical Lamp posted:

What do the fish people from Skyrim have to do with anything?

Their cooking smells weird and I don't want one dating my daughter

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Can you phrase this in a way that the Remainers can understand?

Edit
Nevermind, I just saw your avatar. You're clearly a fascist and they won't listen to a thing you have to say.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Luxury Communism posted:

Just lol if you think progressive liberals actually give a poo poo about the working class in any serious capacity.

The working class would matter more if they just took the time to get an education and learn to debate their points the same way we do.

And if they washed their hands, spent more time reading, and stopped putting physical fitness over mental pursuits.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ArbitraryC posted:

you see it's okay when we do it because we're misleading people for a good cause

Wait a minute.... isn't that what the fascists say too? :monocle:

Maybe... all freedom is a lie and any time humans gather in groups of 2 or greater there will be an inequality of power?

Sorry. I turned 19 yesterday and smoked my first joint while reading Matt Taibbi for the first time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Moltke posted:

you're failing to understand the significance of what it means when the value of your currency suddenly drops to a 30 year low overnight. all of those "people who have lots and lots of pounds" are moving them out of the UK, and the resulting credit crunch will have a major negative impact on the british economy. hundreds of major corps are already talking about shifting their offices out of the UK resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of jobs-- you can't possibly believe this is a good thing no matter your political ideology

You make it sound like the entire world economy depends on the rich playing a game of "Prisoner's Dilemma". Why would you be upset if the entire system crumbled and we started over from scratch?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

emoji posted:

Why would you believe for even a second that this moves 'the system' any closer to collapsing?

Why would you assume that I ever believed that? Am I the one making chicken little posts about the Brexit?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

emoji posted:

I'm just reading what I quoted in your post. The post you quoted was saying the British economy will be worse off relative to its peers, which is not a stretch. Nothing about 'the entire system crumbling' as you said. Which by the way, would not be good for anyone, especially the lower classes.

When did you stop beating your wife?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
This whole thing was worth it just to see John Oliver's outrage tonight. :allears:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hemophilia posted:

Lol at the idea of wanting autonomy but also flirting with closer economic ties with the US. If anything is done government to government, let me explain how the united states work because you've clearly been asleep for a while: We like to think we own anything we invest in. A powerful trade agreement/market unification with the US just ensures that canada and UK annexation are imminent, and that's basically half of oceania by landmass. Becoming maybe three states tops getting two senators and proportional representation in the house, or even putting your rear end on the road to that, is a significantly worse deal than you would have just staying in the EU.

:lol: if you think we Americans want more welfare Queens.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

RobattoJesus posted:

That just makes it worse though. Half your country were legitimate bad guys and still you let them keep a house full of weapons.

Whereas we enacted the treaty of Versailles on our bad guys (ze Germans) and that worked out great...ish...

If we didn't let them keep weapons they wouldn't have been able to defend their property(from walking right off the plantation).

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hemophilia posted:

The mistake was in letting humans be property, not in letting guns be held.

The former doesn't happen without the latter.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

A minority white population didn't keep slaves by using a firm voice and snapping their fingers. They used guns.

And knives.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hemophilia posted:

Spartans romans a billion different kinds of syrian and if you believe the torah egypt did just fine

I remember exactly what the Spartans did to all the helots they gave weapons to.

And comparing Roman slavery to America's racial slavery is pretty anachronistic.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jose Mengelez posted:

the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a robot with a bomb.

What stops a robot with a bomb?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Quick racism question! I'm an American and I don't want athletes who competed in Brazil bringing back plagues to my country because they were too selfish to say no. On a scale of grandma who doesn't like Italians to Hitler, how racist am i?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

You're not racist but you are a weirdo and a pussy for not putting your emotional attachment to sport at the top of your priorities in life.

Excuse me, but I have a football avatar. I only watch real sports though.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Are sportsmans a race though?

Most of the American champions tend to have something in common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

jBrereton posted:

Zika is a sham. Don't be a brexit-grade mug.

I'm more concerned about different strains of MRSA from the Bay. I enjoy being able to take antibiotics instead of amputations.

• Locked thread