Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

bitterandtwisted posted:

A shilling
Britain didn't even have decimalised currency until the 70s. Before that it was 12 pennies to a shilling and 20 shilings to a pound. If you ever wondered why Harry Potter had retarded money, that's why.

After decimalisation, people called new 5p coins bobs and old people still sometimes do this just to gently caress with young people, like a 20 year old cashier is going to know what the gently caress a "ten bob piece" is

Jesus Christ, how were you a superpower? How do you even function as a country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mozi posted:

perhaps taxes should be 'bracketed' in some form to the effect that the more money one makes the higher the tax on the additional income, thus creating a more equitable tax burden more generally

You mean like a progressive tax? No way, that's segregation! Don't be reverse-racist.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

henpod posted:

I am an english living in London, AMA!

What's up with all the pigfucking? Is that a British thing?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lichy posted:

we should ban sociology as a discipline because whenever some interesting relationship is charted it always does more harm than good because the media blows it

That's a horrible opinion. Sociologists are really nice people and the noble middle way between liberal arts wankery and autistic hard sciences.

I bet you haven't met a single sociologist who wasn't a cool dude or dudette. I bet you can't tell me a single one!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Roylicious posted:

I didn't think this deserved its own thread really but check out another example of the UK being pants on head retarded:

http://www.newsweek.com/man-who-must-tell-police-24-hours-sex-threatens-hunger-strike-476494?piano_t=1

Dude goes to trial for rape, is acquitted, the state tells him he has to give them 24 hours notice if he is going to be having sex as he is a 'risk' otherwise he will be violating the law.

Haha what is wrong with you people?

I have sooooo many questions about this, you wouldn't believe it. But lets start with the important stuff: does making out count? Oral? And if you have a gf, do you just hand in a weekly sex plan? What happens if you don't keep to your sex plan, if there is a delay?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Wipfmetz posted:

I don't think you'll get a girlfriend if you have to schedule your sex with the police.

Don't give up hope yet, there's a lid for every pot.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I dunno, but it's hilarious.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

jBrereton posted:

Remain voters didn't turn up. Remain did fail to make a compelling argument in any way (as did Leave), but their reliance on the young voting scuppered them in the end despite there being no reason not to vote other than as a protest thing when we have postal voting.

Millennials strike again, curse youuuuuu :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Velkest posted:

when some of the bigger complaints about the EU are that it is both undemocratic and also an incompetent bureaucracy, to negate democratic decisions via bureaucratic means really isn't helping their case.

That brexit is coming, sooner or later.

It's not the EU that is delaying this whole shitshow, they are the ones who want this all to be over as soon as possible to alleviate the uncertainty. It's Britain that is dragging their feet. It seems like the EU has settled on being totally powerless here and accepted that they can't do anything until Brits trigger the 50th.

It's been several months now and it seems like British politicians are still coming to EU meeting totally unprepared and whining about how the dog ate their homework. This is gonna take years at this pace.

• Locked thread