Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Was England doing poorly before they joined the EU? I don't entirely understand the economic doom and gloom, like, England has been chugging along for a hundreds of years, what's different now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Is "oh god everything is crashing and burning, we are headed for a second stone age" the other side of the "the market will always go up up up!" coin?

Also did he leave people not prepare anyone for this happening, it seems like an obvious result?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
So the pound is down like two cents, does this matter to most people?

Also I am too lazy to look, but what did the world markets look like the day after 9/11?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Well the pound was at the same point in 2008. So if that helps?

2008 was the first year I made more then $50k so it will always be a year of great financial success to me.

Also I guess I was under the impression that currencies fluctuated a cent or two daily for some reason.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
This is fascinating stuff, but more questions:

What's the deal with Wales, like, what do they have going on? The US educations system is pretty thin on them and honestly here are all my Wales facts:

1) Dylan Thomas and I think Richard Burton were from there?
2) that dr who spinoff where everyone fucks is set there
3) they have a silly looking language that the seem very sensitive about
4) they are really into dragons?!?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I just listed to some welsh, that is a funny sounding language.

I have never been so interested in these dumb little islands before this.

Edit: I have had rarebit before, it was ok but some seemed......idk, underwhelming? Like, it's cheesy toast but you have to dirty a pan to make it.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 28, 2016

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
This thread has been an amazing ride and somehow now I have more sympathy and respect for a racist unemployed plumber living in a dying mining town voting in anger for something he doesn't really understand then literally anyone trying to explain why the poor are too stupid to vote. You guys have done what years of having to listen to idiots at shooting ranges never could. The left really is it's own worst enemy.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Like poo poo, the left couldn't even trick dumb poor people into doing their bidding? You even give them free healthcare and housing and poo poo and they still hate you. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I mean gay people in Uganda would likely be a lot better off if it was still a colony.

• Locked thread