Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Zodijackylite posted:

Protected Jason Doig again, as well as AHL enforcer Dale Purinton, whose resume included one NHL game and 415 PIM in the AHL that year.

dale purinton you say?

dale purinton owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

Jesus christ :stare:

would you be the man to tell dale he's going to another team?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
create my balls, twitter!!!!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Flocons de Jambon posted:

Predators is a pretty dumb name now that I think about it.

"We want something like an aggressive animal, but also needlessly vague"

preds own, it's named after a sabretooth fossil they found in Nashville and it won in a fan vote. the other choices were Fury, Attack, and Ice Tigers. ice tigers would have owned but the other two would have been XFL level.

also it flows really well in their goal song which is inarguably the best goal song in the league

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
I'm okay with Seattle getting a team if it meant Hartford and Quebec City got teams as well

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
is lawless the guy who kept dog whistling about kane and buff?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
the islanders should gently caress off back to long Island so that the rangers can have a minor league team at barclays so i dont have to live near a bunch of islanders bull poo poo

Hartford can have an nhl team back too

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
nashville is a pretty big city with a lot of money that doesn't really have a "team" that they're associated with. so that's a pretty good recipe to build it into a hockey city. I'm like one of three titans fans that exist and i lived in knoxville. vanderbilt has a good football team once in a while and UT is big there but not like it is in east tennessee.

carolinas gonna suffer from always being a super distant number 2 behind college basketball.

it's one of the reasons i am/was against Seattle having a team but am pro-Vegas, although less so now that the Raiders are moving there. vegas has a chance of being "the team" there but a seattle hockey team will be behind even the MLS in that market. that could be not great.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Duke Chin posted:

lol no it won't

i seriously have a hard time imagining that a seattle NHL team would be ahead of the sounders in the hearts and minds of seattle fans.

they could maybe take some interest/money if because the mariners are always bad, but the NBA would probably give a team to seattle the minute they broke ground on the stadium.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
neal is an UFA after this year? that's probably going to get a good haul at the deadline. possibly even back to the preds!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

No, they have to wait a full year. So they'd have to send him to another contender, but that shouldn't be a hard sell.

is that true? i've never heard of it, but i've never heard of a team wanting a guy back so soon. even if he was picked in the draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Thufir posted:

That's the buyout rule I think, no idea if it applied to the expansion draft.

does it count for trades too?

• Locked thread