Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

This is always bullshit. They already have a name picked out. Just gotta get the hype going with hashtags and news articles, and a "name the team" contest that is just there to collect email addresses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Why would the Craps use a T-Mobile color scheme? It's not like Bill Foley also owns T-Mobile, they're just the arena sponsor.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Las Vegas Craps or go home

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Lessail posted:

Haha I ain't married

omg, Sin Bin guy is goatse.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Scorpions isn't bad. It's a fierce animal that is indigenous to the region. That's like half of pro teams right there.

The team really should be the Craps though.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

They should take advantage of their first-in-town status and name themselves the Las Vegas Raiders.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Zodijackylite posted:

The Las Vegas BLADES OF STEEL!

With the pass
With the pass
With the pass
With the pass
With the pass

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm about 90% sure that everyone is just going to refer to them as "The Knights" regardless of whatever retarded rear end descriptor they put in front of it

The Mighty Knights of Las Vegas.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

San Francisco Forty Niners :v:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

"Carolina" is also not a city or state.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Nah I think we should leave them in Boston, these other options are rather silly to be honest and will screw up the divisions

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

What movie, there's a movie? Is it Vegas Vacation?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The worst franchise

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

No "Las" in the name? Haha so tacky

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I look forward to watching the Vegas Golden Knights compete with the Angeles Kings and the Jose Sharks. Perhaps some day they will win the Cup by defeating the York Rangers.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

The Red Sox and White Sox have coexisted for literally more than a hundred years.

The Roughriders and the Rough Riders coexisted for like 40 years.

Also the Milwaukee Admirals and Norfolk Admirals in the AHL.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Why is Lethbridge called the Hurricanes anyway? I always just assumed they were named after the NHL team, but now I see they predate them by a decade. Alberta isn't exactly known for their tropical storms.

Should be the Lethbridge Deathbridges.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Wow, a public access show. The Golden Knights now rank rightfully alongside such greats as Squirt TV and Gorgeous George :george:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Rotten Cookies posted:

I made some dumbass things because I'm bored and I like the colors and I know it's not a name that's happening, but gently caress it, I'm gonna :justpost:

Yeah, MSPaint but whatever

The owner of the Florida Marlins wanted to name them Florida Flamingos with pink uniforms and had to be talked out of it by MLB :lol:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Speak for yourself, I'm on the side of nuking Arizona from orbit.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Wait, are people actually on the side of the D-Backs demanding a new stadium? Chase Field isn't even 20 years old, what's their beef with it?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The Blues made it to the SCF in their expansion year :v:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

They have the smallest arena in the league and can't sell out. They lost a team once already.

Who says they don't sell out? This has them at over 100% attendance... http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Spelling Mitsake posted:

If someone can list 31 NFL teams, the one they're missing is probably the Titans.

This is true. I also find that the NBA team I forget the most is the Memphis Grizzlies.

My brain just likes to pretend Tennessee doesn't exist.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

whatis posted:

carolina has tons of transplants, lol

There's even a running joke that Cary, NC stands for Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Trying to force that desert rivalry right from the get go

• Locked thread