Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Honestly, for all his faults, you can do a lot worse than McPhee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

A source close to the family.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
The fitness center at my office has a nicer locker room.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
I could see the Capitals sweetening the pot with a few draft picks to get Opik gone, Schmidt seems a likely exposure to me, Beagle for sure (and GMGM loves him some Beagle) and it wouldn't surprise me to see Grubauer either. Grubauer was a GMGM pick, he's cheap, and he's shown he can be effective at the NHL level. I'm pretty sure Johansson is going get protected. I don't know what they will do with Wilson, the head office is much more enamored with him than I think his play or potential merit. I really hope they find a way to keep Orlov, though after how his contract situation went who knows.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm fine with Seattle but I wish he'd realize that teams in the southern U.S. draw poorly already. Tampa drew well this year but they couldn't get people to watch them to win the Cup without giving away a lot of tickets. The teams in the bottom 10 of attendance have 6 teams in the southern U.S., 2 Canadian teams (one of whom is playing very poorly), the Blue Jackets, and a couple teams in the NY/NJ area. I'm not saying this league needs to be EXCLUSIVELY CANADIAN or some nonsense, but maybe stop trying to appeal to areas that have a dozen sports franchises already. And in Kansas' case, they already lost a team and had the worst winning pct in modern NHL history (.241). Is anybody in KC REALLY clamoring for a KC team?

I wish KC had the worst team of all time, but look at the 74-75 Capitals. Luckily I think the NHL has learned a little bit and won't let an expansion team ever be that bad again (8-67-5 .131 win%). Is KC even interested in having a NHL team now? I thought I read that their arena made more money on concerts than they would with a full time tenant.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Of course, he has to gently caress the Caps once more, for old times sake.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/877668310095187969

Sorry Caps fans, apparently McPhee decided to screw his former team.

I mean, he spent almost two decades doing it, so why change now?

• Locked thread