Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I just tried my email with each franchise until it worked, like with the last league. I get the feeling there's a better way, but I don't know what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
1.3 Julio Jones
I'm a huge Julio fan. I think I'd take him over OBJ. My thinking runs directly counter to Leperflesh on this one- I think Matt Ryan is probably going to improve this season- at least on paper. Last year was the second fewest TDs for him since he entered the league. I like the Sanu signing and drafting Austin Hooper can't be a bad thing. I think with the second year of Kyle Shanahan, the offense will hopefully bounce back a bit from last year and Jones should eat.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

2.10 - Brandon Marshall

Brandon Marshall is a beast. He had his best (or second best) season last year and as long as he stays healthy, it's totally reasonable to expect low end WR1/high end WR2 numbers from him. Even with the uncertainty regarding the Jets QB situation, Marshall is going to produce.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Shady was an RB1 until his injury and was having a solid season. Karlos Williams was a rookie last year and produced insane numbers on limited carries. Between the two of them, Buffalo is going to run the ball a lot again this year.

Not to mention Jonathan Williams, who they drafted from Arkansas who could see work in short yardage and goal line situations.

I think it all probably works in Watkins' favor though, as long as: 1.) He gets healthy, which is becoming a bigger and bigger if (see Jene Bramel's Twitter timeline this morning) and 2.) Tyrod maintains or progresses from last year, which I think is a decent bet.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

3.3 Jordan Reed

On the one hand, this is a homer pick. I think I'm probably reaching a round for him, but dammit, I like him and the way things are moving right now, I'm happy to take him here. Best ball at least means I won't agonize over possible injury status the way I would in a normal season long league. On the other hand, there are some very smart people who are banging the drum for Reed as not merely a great TE talent, but as someone who can really provide separation in MFL10s.

In most of my redraft leagues I'm waiting on TE until after the 10th. If there's a place I'm going to indulge and maybe it pays off it's this draft.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

timp posted:

loving LOL...that's hilarious.

5.07 - Danny Woodhead

I'm not entirely convinced on this pick. I'm following my head rather than my heart. Of the remaining RBs, he was among the highest scoring last year, and his only competition at RB is Melvin Gordon, a rookie coming off of an injury. Melvin could become the lead back and make 31 year old Woodhead obsolete, and I've never been overly impressed watching him play, but I'm going with the numbers here.

Looks like you actually grabbed Duke Johnson

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

5.03 Michael Floyd
I like owning a piece of Arizona's passing game. I'd put his floor around 45/750/5, with major upside.

6.10 Tyler Lockett
Is Lockett for real? Can he even come close to meeting expectations? I hope so. A lot of very smart people think Lockett could have a huge year and at the end of the day, I know I should listen to smart people.

I guess it's time to start thinking about taking a running back. Gross.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would have taken him in a heartbeat if you hadn't.

This has been a ridiculously tough draft IMO.

Agreed on both counts. I had Yeldon on my list.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

10.10 LeGarrette Blount - I think the only way I'll ever touch this guy is in best ball. That said, 2 or more multiple TD games are a distinct possibility and I don't have to worry about which weeks they'll come.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Andy Reid's Auto-Draft

Filling in on my picks:

7.03- Charles Sims
I think he's startable in .5 PPR as is, and if Martin goes down, Sims should become a high end RB2.

8.10- Justin Forsett
He's still at the top of the Ravens depth chart and it's tough to pass up the opportunity to get a lead back in the 8th. Trestman will hopefully get him 40-50 catches again, assuming he stays healthy.

9.03- Theo Riddick
Another pass catching back in a murky backfield situation. Yeah, I don't think there's much chance that Riddick takes carries away from Abdullah (or Zenner) but I also think the Lions are likely to be playing a lot of catchup and I think Riddick puts up at least 60 catches.

11.03- Stefon Diggs
Diggs should be the top WR in Minnesota and while there are a ton of caveats, it's not outrageous to think he could flirt with 1000 yards this season. Not necessarily likely, but as my 5th WR in the 11th round, I'll take the upside possibility.

12.10- Jerrick McKinnon
He's got huge potential if ADP goes down. I know everyone talks about how Peterson is a genetic experiment that escaped from a government lab, but he's 31. I've been 31. It's not great. Even if Peterson stays healthy and doesn't whip any children, McKinnon should have some value on passing downs and as a change of pace back.

13.03- Arizona Cardinals Defense
I just finished All or Nothing on Amazon Prime over the weekend.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Hey Beer, I'd intended to grab Paxton Lynch rather than McDonald, but screwed it up, having not had my coffee. Mind changing it if no one grabs Lynch before you see this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Moments after I grabbed the Bears as my third defense, I realized all three of my defenses share a bye. Guess week 9 is a loss, but it's not like the alternatives were particularly appealing.

• Locked thread