Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Chen Kenichi posted:

I am game as more FF is always better. You got my email from slow draft I for the invite (no PM) if that works.

PMd you but I am still not sure I understand the slow draft. Just need a FF fix and badly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Thanks for the invite! In as Turnin' and Burnin'.

Will be interesting drafting last for the first time.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

That's just what you want us to think. Your mind games don't fool me.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

1.2 Odell Beckham, Jr.
I could have taken Julio but in best ball I'd rather have the guy who is most likely to put up a 30 point game on any given sunday than the guy who is likely to average slightly more points across the season. Also I think Matt Ryan continues to regress this year.

What is this best ball you speak of?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

The good thing about this league is that the average fantasy intelligence of the people here is much higher than in my main leagues.

The bad thing about this league is that the average fantasy intelligence of the people here is much higher than in my main leagues.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I don't think I like drafting on the turn and decided to play things safe.

12. Lamar Miller - I have had him on my team the last two years and despite criminal misuse, he has done really well for me. I think the dude is gonna feast in Houston and am willing to bet on him being able to carry the load.

13. Jordy Nelson - Despite the injury last year, I have a lot of confidence that Nelson will return to form this year and has one of the best QB's in the game to throw him the ball.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Luckily you have telegraphed your 3rd round pick :smug:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Not confused with the Watkins pick but your reasoning was interesting. No run game in Buffalo with McCoy, Williams, and Tyrod?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

timp posted:

At the time the only one I could remember was Shady and wasn't he kind of lukewarm last year? And Williams is a rookie, who knows what they'll have him doing.

Shady was an RB1 until his injury and was having a solid season. Karlos Williams was a rookie last year and produced insane numbers on limited carries. Between the two of them, Buffalo is going to run the ball a lot again this year.

Watkins is a good pick though and I think having a balanced offense helps rather than hurts.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

TY Hilton - I'll definitely take Andrew Luck's #1 target in the bottom of the 3rd. Despite Luck having a not-so-great season and then getting injured, TY still put up solid numbers with 1100 yds and 5 TD's. I expect those numbers to go up this year but even if they don't, that is not a bad floor to have at all.

Matt Forte - I think Forte was great value here, especially in 0.5PPR. I don't think the Jets QB situation really affects Forte too much and his running style doesn't really give me any concerns over his age.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I feel like getting DeMarco Murray on the 5/6 turn was pretty solid value. I am certainly not expecting a season like 2014, but he doesn't have much competition in the backfield (Derrick Henry doesn't look like he will challenge much in his rookie season).

People seem pretty down on Sanders given the QB situation. Do I think Sanchez is a good QB? No, but I do think he is good enough to get Sanders decent fantasy points. Let's not forget that Sanders still had 1100 yards and 6 TD's with an awful Manning and Brock Osweiler throwing him the ball last year.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Nowhere did I say that DeMarco ran well last year. But here are some points I would like to make:

-The Titans did not give Murray 12m guaranteed to have him sit on the bench
-He is better in pass protection, and I think is underrated as a receiver (300 yards receiving last year and a TD). Titans gotta protect Mariota.
-The first two games you mentioned where he totaled 11 yards on the ground...He ended up with 16 and 8 fantasy points in those games so while those yards are bad, his fantasy points were not.
-He was still the #17 RB in 0.5 PPR last year, despite the usage of Mathews and Barner

I think those are good enough reasons to take him at the bottom of the 5th

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

MrSargent posted:

The good thing about this league is that the average fantasy intelligence of the people here is much higher than in my main leagues.

The bad thing about this league is that the average fantasy intelligence of the people here is much higher than in my main leagues.

Just wanted to reiterate this. I feel like I am already better equipped for this year's draft in my main leagues.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Well played sir. Well played.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Spoeank posted:

The curse of your pick coming up on a Saturday night and having nothing queued. Go bort silence the haters

I checked this morning, worried my turn had come up last night and I had nothing queued. Thank you for your sacrifice.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

After consistently taking a WR/RB for my previous picks on the turn, I decided to look for value at the TE position.

Delaney Walker was unstoppable last year and was a favored target of Mariota. I believe he continues to eat and isn't as susceptible to TD regression like some of the other Tight Ends. Good value in the end of the 7th I feel.

For my second pick on the turn, I looked for BPA with a focus on the WR position. I really like Marvin Jones here as a high upside play due to his vertical ability.

Happy 4th everyone!!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I have you all right where I want you with my patented no-QB strategy.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

jabro posted:

Sorry I haven't been doing my updates. My kid decided night hiking is a good idea and fell 100 feet so I've been living in the hospital for the last week. I'll do an effort post with all my guys when I get some time.

Holy poo poo man I hope he is ok.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I will go back and do some of my notes for my previous picks tomorrow. I have been consumed by Pokemon Go.

Beer knows what I'm talking about...

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He's actually a pretty solid option given how little competition there is in NO and Ingram's injury history.

I had to go dig up my slight effortpost about Ingram's injury history because while he has had injuries, they have been more random than chronic/targeted.

quote:

I did some research into Ingram's injury history and here is what I found.

2010 - Knee Sprain caused him to miss OTA's as a rookie. Had surgery and missed one game.
2011 - Turf Toe. Underwent surgery and missed last 3 games of season.
2012 - Healthy
2013 - Turf Toe. Missed 5 games in the beginning of the season.
2014 - Fractured Hand. Missed 5 games.
2015 - Shoulder injury, underwent surgery. Missed 5 games.

After 2013, I would have been concerned about re-occurring turf toe, but since then he hasn't dealt with that injury. A hand fracture and shoulder injury in the next two years don't really point to him being "injury prone" as those seem to be random injuries that can happen to pretty much any RB. I do understand the hesitation when you see that he has only had one full healthy year, but I think I am willing to look past that since the injuries weren't really serious (like ACL/MCL, etc.) and haven't shown that they are repeating.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Ugh, I didn't realize I was up and close to expiring and auto-drafted. Fortunately, it wasn't a wasted pick as I got a Kicker which I didn't have. I decided to take another RB since I think that is where I am weakest and went with Jonathan Williams. With Karlos Williams suspended for the first 4 games and also fat, Jonathan Williams could see some field time behind McCoy. The Bills run the ball more than anyone else and at this point in the draft I think that makes him a decent flyer.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Poor MIkey Purp. 8 players total Out, 1 Doubtful, and 3 Questionable.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I have 3 guys on IR, two guys Out, and a free agent, and Jared Goff. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself but yeesh.

e. Also I love it that TAQs most infamous constant roster shuffler 89 is leading the league in a draft-once-and-forget-it format.

It's poetic in a way.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Looks like I am maintaining the slightest of leads over Spoeank (I think you are Bishop Sankey) followed closely by 89. :getin:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

89 posted:

This is proof that I overthink every draft in August with too much information making me change all of my moves.

You are the Ruxin.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Spoeank posted:

My first few weeks were disastrous but now I'm feeling alright. I can't believe my Kaepernick pick is paying dividends

There is nothing quite as satisfying as a homer pick paying off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Turnin' and Burnin' takes it down! I had to brag here as this is the only league I won this year.

• Locked thread