Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
League: http://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/58011

PM me with your e-mail if you want in.

Spergs
Beer4TheBeerGod
Cervixalot
Azhais
Leperflesh
Spoeank
Mikey Purp
Veritek83
timp
RCarr
jabro
MrSargent

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Varg posted:

how many people you got? have I given enough time to people who weren't in the last one to get in?

Just ran out, sorry. Next time!

Also I sent out invites to everyone who's in!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
89 is on the clock! Rounds will be 12 hours.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

Are the roster settings the same as last time? They look weird on the site:

Starting Lineup Setup
Total Starters: 10
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RB+WR+TEs: 1
Number of Starting PKs: 1
Number of Starting Defs: 1

Does that mean the other 6 players can be any combination of RB/WR or something?

I probably hosed up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, I fixed it. MFL's UI is weird.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Draft is on! Clock is 12 Hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
1.4 - LeVeon Bell

Injury risk be damned. Hoping for 2014 LevBell instead of 2015.

Frankly I hate the first round RBs but the upside is too drat high.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
2.09 - Devonta Freeman

I will admit, I am not a huge fan of this guy. I don't like his OC and I think Coleman has a chance to grab some more time. But he's the last player in his tier, even after his monster run he was still a RB1, and at this point I consider the upside to be well worth it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
3.4 - Brandin Cooks

Last year Cooks was the WR12 in standard and WR13 in PPR. While not the sexiest WR his floor is high and he had six weeks last year as a WR1. I also debated going with another RB but I like the depth later on. Hilton, Cooper, and Thomas were also options and I probably would have been okay with any of them.

I am not really liking this draft spot.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

03.05 Eddie Lacy

I have a feeling that Eddie Lacy will have a solid bounce-back this season, and while I will probably pay for going RB-RB-RB, I couldn't pass up the chance to have 3 potentially top 10 RBs on my team.

I was also thinking about Forte or Hyde here, but the myriad of uncertainties surrounding the Jets and the Niners scared me off. That, plus the fact that even if everything breaks in their favor, both of those teams play in tougher divisions and are likely to trail a lot of games this year regardless.

Honestly I wish I had done that. For some reason I just can't get enthused about Cooks or Freeman, regardless of what the numbers say.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think Cooks will be good this year, but after drafting him on a couple of my teams last year and slogging through his slow start, it's sort of hard to get enthusiastic about taking him at his current ADP. I can't even really explain why I'm down on Freeman except that his meteoric rise last season seemed like such a perfect storm of opportunity that I think it's tough to believe he'll do it again this season.

I think if I did it again I would have drafted Nelson and then Lacy, but to be honest I'm glad to be drafting in this spot. It's really forcing me to consider what to do and what's going to work. I will say that going RB heavy might be a viable counter-strategy just based on how ADP is going.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
4.09 - Jeremy Maclin

I don't hate Maclin as my WR2, and I'm slowly warming up to this team. I think a big part is just accepting that this draft is not one where I can expect a lot of steals. Arguably getting Freeman as late as I did would be one, but so far everything has pretty much been where it's "supposed" to be according to rankings and ADP.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
5.4 - Eric Decker

Eric Decker is a very boring pick. Last season he scored as a WR3 or better in 14 of his 15 games, three of his last four seasons have been 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs, and he's 29 so age isn't really an issue. Not having Fitzpatrick is, but I'm operating under the assumption that Fitz will be back.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrSargent posted:

I feel like getting DeMarco Murray on the 5/6 turn was pretty solid value. I am certainly not expecting a season like 2014, but he doesn't have much competition in the backfield (Derrick Henry doesn't look like he will challenge much in his rookie season).

People seem pretty down on Sanders given the QB situation. Do I think Sanchez is a good QB? No, but I do think he is good enough to get Sanders decent fantasy points. Let's not forget that Sanders still had 1100 yards and 6 TD's with an awful Manning and Brock Osweiler throwing him the ball last year.

Had Sanders fallen to me I would have picked him up without hesitation.

This is definitely a difficult league to draft for. Nobody's really falling.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

89 have you tried trading your personal feelings

How can you put a price on dignity?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

I think the joke is on us with the Andy Reid account and the timeouts.

If it happens again I am going to deal with it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
6.09: Danny Woodhead

Woodhead is another boring player who gets no respect. Although there's a chance that Gordon gets more involved, he had a terrible rookie season and microfracture surgery this year. Last year Woodhead finished as a top 10 RB. He could do it again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
7.04 - DeSean Jackson

Reports are that Jackson is taking better care of himself in the offseason, and getting him as my WR4 is a pretty solid play. He's the last player in his tier and I wouldn't expect to see him come around again. I'm definitely going with a strict BPA approach this draft, with no position-heavy strategies and some pretty traditional moves like waiting on TEs and QBs. I considered locking up Gordon here as well, but I like Jackson's value more and between half PPR scoring and being able to take up to 4 WRs I think grabbing the wideout was the right choice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If the Andy Reid team misses it's draft again it's going on auto draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
And he's on auto draft. RCarr is still welcome to preselect players but his timer is set to 0. The auto draft is using FantasySharks so it won't be terrible like the previous setup.

RCarr shoot me a PM if there's a problem on your end.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So much for Torrey Smith being a value.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

8.08 - TJ Yeldon

It's hard to argue with Yeldon as an RB4 in the 8th round. Sure, Ivory can and probably will take over a sizable part of the backfield including goal line duties, but Yeldon is one of the few remaining RBs that is a starter and not an exclusively change of pace 3rd down back. In this format, I'll be happy if he maintains a floor of 7-8 pts per game with an occasional touchdown.

I'm feeling pretty happy with my team at this point in the draft. Zero RB seems to be the go-to draft strategy this season, so I like that I was able to snag some good value by zagging with Zero WR instead. That being said, all three of my RB picks for rounds 1-3 have serious question marks coming in to 2016 due to small sample size (D Johnson) or erratic past performance (D Martin, Lacy). So while this team could be beastly if those risks pay off, there is probably an equal chance that all three of those guys suck and my team swan dives when this stable of WRs can't compete with the rest of the league. That's fantasy!

I would have taken him in a heartbeat if you hadn't.

This has been a ridiculously tough draft IMO.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
9.04 - Tom Brady
There's a healthy amount of risk here. Brady is old, and I'm committing to there being four games that he simply won't be there. But on the other hand it's Tom loving Brady, and I'd say there's a healthy amount of value in this pick in the 9th round.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jabro posted:

Sorry I haven't been doing my updates. My kid decided night hiking is a good idea and fell 100 feet so I've been living in the hospital for the last week. I'll do an effort post with all my guys when I get some time.

No worries man, glad your kid is alive. At least until he heals up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrSargent posted:

I will go back and do some of my notes for my previous picks tomorrow. I have been consumed by Pokemon Go.

Beer knows what I'm talking about...

I walked 3.5km today while chasing virtual monsters. In the summer heat. Fortunately I took my dog with me so I didn't look crazy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Tim Hightower literally won me a league last year's playoffs so I owed him this pick.

He's actually a pretty solid option given how little competition there is in NO and Ingram's injury history.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrSargent posted:

I had to go dig up my slight effortpost about Ingram's injury history because while he has had injuries, they have been more random than chronic/targeted.

Interesting. I'm still not convinced I would draft him given other options available, but I could see an argument if he becomes a steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

Hey Beer, I'd intended to grab Paxton Lynch rather than McDonald, but screwed it up, having not had my coffee. Mind changing it if no one grabs Lynch before you see this?

Done.

Sorry I haven't been as active recently. I have been on travel.

• Locked thread