Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
01.01 - ANTONIOOOOOOOOOOOOO Brown

Obvious pick here. Best player in the draft. Not much to be said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Camp reports haven't been kind to Jared Golff and Gurley couldn't do anything once defenses realized the Rams couldn't throw the ball. I'm not touching the guy this year. I benched him in my championship game last year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

MrSargent posted:

Not confused with the Watkins pick but your reasoning was interesting. No run game in Buffalo with McCoy, Williams, and Tyrod?

Buffalo was also first in the league in run attempts as is any Rex Ryan coached team. And also drafted Jonathan Williams.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If there's one year to not be worried about QBs, it's this year. What's the worst QB you can end up with? Tyrod? Rivers? Cool, I'm cool with that.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
02.12 - LeSean McCoy
When Shady wasn't injured last year, he was killing it. He's got some problems right now with his ankle that will be more clear when it's August. But, just like we were talking about earlier, Buffalo runs the most in the league. Shady won me some games at the end of the season last year. He's one of the few last RBs left on the board that I'm somewhat comfortable being a RB1. You guys cleaned up on RBs.

03.01 - Keenan Allen
The dude was on pace for 1,400+ yards last year before he lacerated his kidney Week 8. He's the last upper tier WR on the board, so I had to take him. Rivers always gonna be airing it out. I don't anticipate a running game in San Diego this year either.

I almost went WR/WR or RB/RB, but seeing what was gonna be left for me when it comes back around, I felt I had to use my picks on 1 of each.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I literally had a dream I was waiting for my current pick to come around and you guys sniped me on every single pick I had in mind and I had to keep scratching off my draft pick on my card.

Season needs to get here already :f5:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
04.12 - Jordan Matthews
05.01 - Greg Olsen

I'm not trying to make homer picks, I swear. Jordan Matthews is gonna eat this year as he's being taken out of just the slot and being put on the outside. Where he's more naturally gifted to play. The WR1 in Andy Reid-type of offenses usually do well in fantasy. I saw a write up the other day and liked these stats:

quote:

70a. In the first two seasons in which Jordy Nelson had at least 60 targets in both seasons, here are his cumulative stats:

113 catches (6 drops) for 1,845 yards and 17 touchdowns

70b. In his first two seasons, Jordan Matthews had at least 60 targets each season. Here are his cumulative stats:

152 catches (8 drops) for 1,869 yards and 16 touchdowns

71. Last season, no qualified player in the NFL had a higher percentage of his team's goal-to-go receptions than Matthews (60 percent).

72. Here's the entire list of active players with at least 100 targets and eight receiving touchdowns each of the past two seasons: Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Rob Gronkowski, Odell Beckham Jr. and ... Jordan Matthews.

73. Matthews is currently ranked outside the top 30 WRs; he's being drafted between three and seven rounds after everyone else on that list.

Then, with Greg Olsen, I couldn't pass up having a trio of Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews at WR and then getting the best TE on the board outside of Gronk. Might have been a luxury pick as I probably could really use a RB....but best ball and stuff.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

timp posted:

Aw what the gently caress.

I thought I missed something and Duke got traded to the Chargers when I read that description.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
DeMarco Murray is done. I kept preaching that HEY MAYBE WE SHOULD PUT DEMARCO UNDER CENTER. GIVE DEMARCO CARRIES SO HE CAN WARM UP. Yeah, well, for every -2 and -4 yard carry Murray had, there was two 4-8 yard carries by Matthews and Sproles each. And even when we gave Murray the carries, he could barely touch 100 yards with 20+ carries. Murray goes down in the backfield again! Matthews with a 12 yard gain, 1st down!! That was the Eagles run game last year. They even started playing Barner over him at the end. Maybe it was the offensive line?! DeMarco had 11 yards between both Week 1 and Week 2. What did Ryan Matthews do in Week 3 when Murray couldn't play? 108 yards against the defense that was #1 against the run.

It wasn't the line. It wasn't the scheme.

It was Murray.

The Heisman winner is taking Murray's job.

89 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 30, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I won't lie.

I do let some personal feelings influence my fantasy footballin' from time to time.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Spoeank posted:

89 have you tried trading your personal feelings

...:D

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think the joke is on us with the Andy Reid account and the timeouts.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You sniping assholes!!

John Brown is gonna be The Real Deal this year. I'm quoting the same article, but I really dig it's statistical insights:

quote:

84. Antonio Brown is 5-foot-10 and 181 pounds.

84a. John Brown is 5-foot-11 and 179 pounds.

85. In Antonio Brown's first 31 NFL games, he had 111 catches for 1,717 yards and three touchdowns.

85a. In John Brown's first 31 NFL games, he had 113 catches for 1,699 yards and 12 touchdowns.

86. In the final seven weeks of the 2015 season, John Brown ran as many routes as DeAndre Hopkins.

86a. Hopkins led the NFL in routes run last season.

87. The only WRs in the NFL who averaged more air yards per target and saw more than 100 targets last season were Mike Evans and Allen Robinson.

88. Since Bruce Arians became the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals in 2013, no team has a higher air-yards-per-pass-attempt mark.

88a. Last season, only six wide receivers averaged more air yards per target than John Brown.

89 fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 1, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
06.12 - Jeremy Langford
I was very indecisive about my picks here. Admittedly, even though I do NOT need another WR right now, I was gonna pick Tyler Lockett. Dude was a beast the last part of the season last year and I think he will be just as much this year. But, I was still only rocking LeSean McCoy, so I went with the best available RB in Langford. He did a great job filling in for Forte last year. Supposedly they are going with a committee in Chicago. But John Fox tends to right the hot hand (CJ Anderson). After games like St. Louis last year (almost 200 overall yards), I think Langford will control the Chicago backfield. There was other RBs I was looking at, but he's in the best situation.

07.01 - Drew Brees
It's best ball and I made a post earlier in the thread about not needing QBs....but when Drew Brees is staring at you in the 7th round, you take the guy. He's averaged over 5,000 yards and over 30 touchdowns a season for ten years. I needed another RB, but I'm cool with rounding out my roster with who I think will be a top 3 QB this year in Drew Brees.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's gonna end up being the guy in the slot that benefits from Chip's scheme ironically, cause Gabbert & Kaep can't throw downfield. I don't know this, but it would just be funny after everybody taking flyers on Torrey.

And it's cool having 2 picks right after another at #1 or #12, but drat it takes a long time to get back around.

89 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 4, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
07.12 - Rashad Jennings
I think this guy's ADP is criminal. He's the #1 starting RB on the Giants. An offense that I disgustingly say is trending up very quickly. He's got Vereen behind him who's always been the pass catching back, but he's more situational. Rashad is a little injury prone, but he's #1 on the depth chart and the goal line back. He's always good for a few 100 yard games and he's helped me get to the playoffs twice. Be aware of the rookie RB, Paul Perkins. If Jennings goes down, I see Perkins taking over that role and he's supposed to be pretty good. I was kind of pissed when the Giants grabbed him.

But yeah, Jennings, they weren't giving the ball much to last year. Usually had about 12 carries a game. BUT, the last 4 games of the season when they finally started giving the ball to him (18+ carries a game)?
Week 14 - 81 yards rush, 21 yards receiving
Week 15 - 107 yards rush, 1 TD
Week 16 - 74 yards rush, 62 yards receiving
Week 17 - 170 yards rush, 1 TD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt1TiaoSvvY

08.01 - Chris Ivory
I know, TJ Yeldon. But they are paying Chris Ivory SIX MILLION. Dude is gonna be the starting back and will hit the numbers he hit last year (over 1,000 yards). TJ Yeldon proved to be nothing special this year, but I expect him to be involved heavily in this timeshare with Ivory taking the hot hand, I'm predicting. Yeldon had the easiest strength of schedule for a RB like ever in the fantasy playoffs month and proceeded to do nothing with it last year. You guys remember that hype? Ivory should also end up being the goal line back.

Ivory for the win. Dude is always under drafted and always exceeds his ADP by like 4 rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6-WXS2lQuk

89 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 6, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I reached on my picks of Michael Thomas and Mohammed Sanu. I needed some WR backup and left better talent on the board. It's getting thin, folks.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
poo poo! I thought we only had like 3 or 4 rounds left!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
That Olsen/Graham/Henry TE stack, tho.

:smuggo:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This league is the one I'm doing the best in. lolz.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This is proof that I overthink every draft in August with too much information making me change all of my moves.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

MrSargent posted:

You are the Ruxin.

Had I listened to myself, I would have had LeVeon in every single league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I did by far the best in this league.vs all my other leagues

• Locked thread