Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Grimalkin posted:

Also, it depresses me that anytime I try to look up anything about this game, it's all about CENSORSHIP!!!
Yeah googling "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE" or "TMS" or "TMSFE" doesn't work well when all I see are ads for the game (Good reviews which is cool) or people complaining about stuff. I just want to know where rare monster spawns are, not where to buy the SE! I clearly bought that when it was first up on Amazon GAWD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

irlZaphod posted:

I've been running away from Savage enemies which maybe I shouldn't do. I might go do some side stories or something before tackling this.
Savage enemies are always going to be higher level than you, so it's not really a *bad* thing to run from them. If the savage enemies are somehow the normal enemies in the dungeon yeah maybe you are too low level.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

How do you do that? I got stomped when I tried it as they and the minions were not taking much damage and did huge amounts to me.
So there are two sidequest where the levels are close (46 and 47). The crippling one is Kiria's Third(maybe second?) Sidequest which is recommended level 46. And while you can cripple, if you misstep you will die in one hit...forever :goleft:

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Is it not Hashtag Iron?
My friend goes between this and "Not Persona"

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Really if you're going to call it anything Persona-related it should be Performa.
The name is from before it was released in the US and we didn't know that pun, but I agree.

Has anyone else seen the fact that if you're snarky the whole time you can miss out on a dual tech ability with Tsubasa and Itsuki? I've only seen it really matter Chapter 4 on and most of the points you need are from a Side Quest but the only outline about what answers help has been from a Japanese site, wondering if stuff is different in the US. http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/91.html

minusX fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 1, 2016

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

I expect more barry content, ty

You Hollywannabe

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

MohShuvuu posted:

You also get a 20% experience boost for playing on hard.

Or easy!

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Had another freeze. Tsubasa's artist profile which was my last (and another goon's). This one was roughly 30 minutes of gameplay, saved before trying. Save often~!

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

e: also all this talk about effective skills is pretty strange to me because you can just swap party members at any time for no cost. If Touma can't hit an enemy's weakness, you don't need horseslayer because you can just switch him out. I switch like a madman in any even moderately challenging fight as I swap around buffers, debuffers, healers, attackers, and supertank Mamori so I always have what I need.
Switch sure, but why not have the best moves anyways?

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

We've got numbers! http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/heres-how-many-units-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-sold-in-the-us/ They...aren't amazing. Better than Japan (not that they released digital numbers there and no one buys physical) at least.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

I really wish that skills didn't get overwritten, and instead they were banked and you can only activate 8 at a time. It's really sapping my enjoyment.

The amount of grinding for skills, especially +1's is way too much to have to do it again. I've for all these buffs/debuff clogging up my selections that haven't been necessary yet, but because this isn't my first rodeo I know I'll eventually need.

Game is great other than that, it oozes style and the combat is fun even though it's a little level dependant.

You can get them again really easily if you plan out what weapon has it early enough. Also it's better than having to merge shadows and hope for the best. I got the collector's which came with all the DLC so I haven't really factored that grind in (Skillbooks are cool).

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Are microwave cooking shows a thing in Japan?

The reason behind it gets brought up, but I don't think so no

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

- They're all pretty likeable (I dunno about the final party member who just joined, I guess we'll see)
The sidequests for that character are some of the best.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Kashuno posted:

This was the worst. They really should have just given Kiria a turn regardless of speed here because U G H

I got around the loop by having MC revive instead of Tsubasa, seemed to get her to go before the enemy for some reason :shrug:

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I like Ellie but they could maybe have cut the amount of times she mentions hollywood by a solid 80%
Hollywannabe would not be as good as an insult though.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Just finished Chapter 1 and so far my only major complaint is that I really wish I could mute Tiki, that girl's voice could make windows crack.

Also Kiria's Master getup is dumb as hell but her street clothes own so that's easily fixable.
Re Tiki: Just mash X.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You can just hold it (or was it y?) to basically skip all dialogue.
I meant for cutscenes. For Dialogue yeah do that. You can hit Y for auto but that doesn't help in this case.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Is the Chapter 2 boss supposed to be a bit of a speed bump, difficulty-wise? Because I eked out a win at level 25 but it definitely wasn't a graceful one.
All the fights can kinda be this, learning that status effects make a huge difference in the series helps a lot.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Prism posted:

They're SMT tradition for literally decades. :words:

Hey they just talked about a lot of things about SMT on Did You Know Gaming! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHYH50gPZVo

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

Did you know? That video was super boring.
Ok cool but it was on topic talking about the spell names and Buddhist/Hindu influences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

brainwrinkle posted:

Ooof, the wedding dress is truly awful. The other changes were pretty good! Weird that they phoned this one in so much.

"Just use white paint fill" "Uh you can kinda still see everything, she's just white" "yeah ok ship it"

• Locked thread