Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Game of the Year 2016 Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is going to be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's messed up

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I beat the first dungeon, game owns

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

OH MY GOD THE HEE HO CLERK IS ANNA! :swoon:

11/10, game of the decade, sequel when?

Oh my god it is

Is the Accessory shop clerk someone too...?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The text messages and custom emoji are cracking me up

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tsubasa is my favorite so far

Mostly because of her texts

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jarogue posted:

Should I do the DLC missions right a way or wait?

They are purely grinding stuff. I checked out the exp one just to see what it was like and I'll do the weapon mastery one once when I actually have 3 unmastered weapons at once. And the third one is probably harder since it's just based around savage enemies. But they're not really that interesting.

E: I know there's another DLC mission somewhere but I don't think it's unlocked yet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How long is this game anyway? I just beat the Peg Knight thing and taught Tsubasa her song and it feels like the pace of this game is moving so fast that... I'm not actually sure what's left after this.

I figured the game would be about saving Tsubasa's Sister and figuring that mystery out but like a hour or so in I'm already going after her.

This is literally the first major dungeon and second one overall... I have a feeling the plot's going to expand.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's an Atlus RPG

It's gonna be long

Super No Vacancy posted:

man i played six hours and feel like i could keep goin. im not gonna but been a long time since i freebased a game like that

I know right? I want to at least beat this second dungeon though...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

People are super slow at jrpgs for some reason so the times you hear are often like 25-50% inflated over what you can actually do it in

It's me I'm the slow one

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fortunately if you don't like a character's transformed outfit you can right away just make them fight in their normal clothes, even without the DLC. Kiria I'll probably turn into the EO3 Princess.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Haven't started yet but I heard from another poster to play the dub cause there's a lot of relevant chatter during the fights that isn't subbed. C/D? I have a feeling it's just gonna be useless Japanese battle cry stuff. I could probably find out by just playing but GAMER PROBLEMS

There's no dub. If you don't speak Japanese you simply don't get to understand what they say during battle.

It's a little annoying at first but after a while it becomes clear they're really just repeating the same phrases so I don't really care

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You should always get one if you knock an enemy down with your sword and then walk into them.

Nah it's random. Knocking them down is just what makes it possible to do one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Just finished the first "real" dungeon (not counting the prologue one), and I'm liking this game. Just figured out how to change Tsubasa out of her... unfortunate battle outfit. It's a neat design but... couldn't they have given her a full skirt, at least? Yeesh.

Question: is there any way to tell if buffs/debuffs are still in effect? Or do I just have to count the rounds?

Look at the right hand side of the screen with your health and stuff. All buffs and debuffs have icons there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I kinda wish I could've played chapter 2 without having been exposed to the internet whining about the changes because I probably wouldn't even have noticed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm glad Franziska von Karma dyed her hair blonde and decided to become an actress

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't know where to get Maca Leaves because for some bizarre reason they gave enemies item drops in this game but decided not to actually list anything but the Performa

I'm just going to hope I find two more sometime since supposedly quests don't expire

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It has a couple of weird oversights like that, as far as I can see there's no why of telling what requests you've got active either, other than the marker over the givers head, or the requirements.

Yeah I mean at least you can easily look through all your maps and any active or new quests will show up there, but would it have killed them to give you a quest log so you don't have to go back and ask them if you forget what their quest is?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh my god Eleonora's transformation has blue hair she really is Franziska von Karma

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The sessions are really cool and get way more interesting once the SMT staples of Nu/Rp/Dr start getting thrown in there. No longer can you just trust that hitting a weakness with one character will do max damage. I really like how you have to start carefully planning when an enemy is going to die so you can take advantage of Itsuki's power that lets sessions switch targets and ignore enemy resistances.

So idk if Persona had something like that but SMT IV didn't so it's all very fresh and new to me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It sort of didn't, apart from the occasional Galactic Punt, the Sessions are a more automated version of the press turn system it used though, where you'd get extra attacks for hitting weaknesses.

Yeah, and SMT IV had that too. But there wasn't as much strategy to that. The strategy in that game was all about making sure you had a solid party for what you were going up against since you were always shifting demons around.

I need to play Persona 4 but I just haven't had an opportunity in the few months since I bought a Vita. I'll probably get to it soon.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Got my first Ma- spell. Anyone bothered to swap it in? I feel with single targeting spells and sessions makes Ma- spells useless...

I've experimented with it on Itsuki as he's not crying for skill slots so far. It has its uses with large groups of similar enemies, but it will probably be the first thing to go when I need space.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I thought you were making a joke but there really is an EO3 Princess costume :stwoon:

I would never joke about Hype Princess

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So far none of the bosses have been TOO bad, but savage enemies and optional minibosses for sidequests have been doozies

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

And yep the fourth performa theft sidequest is just filled with enemies that all oneshot me. :shepface:

Guess I'll come back to that one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Would you both just shut up about this it's so tiresome.

Here is something neat I like about the game: as you progress the plot and side stories more posters and TV ads of your characters start popping up all over the place. Tsubasa is now on vending machines for me as she's now a soft drink ad girl.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love this game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Why do the costumes have to be so expensiiiiive

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You'll have ways to get hilariously absurd amounts of money very shortly if you don't already, largely through Session chains.

That's good, I want everyone to achieve Maximum Cute

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Having completed the first part of Touma's side story, I am sad that I didn't get his sentai bad guy costume in addition to the other stuff I got from clearing it. :(

You either already have or are very close to unlocking Harajuku. Once you do, go check out the store there. ;)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you see a savage enemy just immediately save before fighting it. If it sneaks up on you don't even bother fighting it, just smoke bomb. It's not worth it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:siren: TIKI HAS SECRET COSTUMES :siren:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wow the boss of chapter 3 really put me through my paces. I'm glad I started getting the Radiant Skills that let your out of battle people join in Sessions right before this. Otherwise I'd have really been struggling for damage.

E: Lmao at Mamori's transformation outfit. Also hell yes the Tiny Girl Wielding Giant Axe is my favorite anime thing

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 27, 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm 90% sure nothing is missable in this game. All requests just stick around until you do them and all side stories seem to be permanently available once you meet the requirements. You don't lose access to areas and you can go anywhere at any time - even during the middle of a dungeon you can just gently caress off to do whatever. The fact that a core mechanic is to leave and get new weapons and powers implies that this isn't going to change.

In conclusion don't grind for things you'll get them all naturally as you play as long as you use all your characters evenly and you're not gonna miss anything.

Rorus Raz posted:

Is there any reason to hang onto light attacks instead of going for the medium version of it? I mean yes the EP cost, but that doesn't seem like a concern.

No they are nearly always straight upgrades. The light attacks fall off hard, even with a few pluses.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like the Japanese voice acting even if I can't understand most of it. It's worth it for moments like:

Regy Rusty posted:

I love this game

ABSOLUTO KAWAII!

Also seriously, calling a foreign language "gibberish"?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Len posted:

It's so shrieky and shrill. And yeah calling a language I dont understand gibberish is rude but what else should I say? Noise? I can't make out individual words so it's just random noises coming out the tv at me.

:yikes:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This is probably more a personal problem than anything but I dislike feeling like I constantly have to run out of a dungeon to get my new radiant skills/make new weapons ASAP. Makes it take a long time to get through dungeons.

You really don't need to do that, honestly. Keep characters in who haven't mastered their weapons and only go back out to get more when you feel it's convenient or you absolutely need to. That way you can make as many skills and weapons as possible in one go. You can do most dungeons in just a couple trips.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Smh if you have the voice acting off for Itsuki eating donuts

This donut is a solar system

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Anyone know anything about the quest the dude in the Arena gives you to find 10 mirages to come hang out with him? I found the one in Harajuku who finally lets you start trading Detritus but I'm wondering if I need to go scour all the idolaspheres to find more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SylvainMustach posted:

So I'm in chapter 3 and accepted elli's side quest. Got as far as hee ho mart. She told me to meet her at shiboya station but I'm not seeing her.

Do I have to finish the chapter to make her show up?

I'm pretty sure she told you that she wanted to go get a drink. She's right in front of the Shibuya Cafe

• Locked thread