Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm ready for this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I'd get this game if it had ULTRA-VIOLENCE

The game does have ULTRA-VIDOLENCE tho

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Just got the feature, but getting texts when you get enough materials to craft stuff is good.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

People are super slow at jrpgs for some reason so the times you hear are often like 25-50% inflated over what you can actually do it in

it's because i want to talk to all my friends in the game world between plot progression points

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I haven't played more since getting to the first intermission after the first chapter, but this game really needs more transformation sequences and I hope it delivers in the future

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If it's Fates Facerubbing I can understand that getting taken out but half the poo poo here really is boggling and I can't blame people for wanting things to go back to how it was and I'm not gonna just dismiss everyone as perverts and tell them to import a wii-u and a japanese copy of the game as a result.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

All characters are aged up to 18+

If a costume shows any skin they painted over it with chrome paint (look up the wedding dress)

Some scenes have random black clouds covering girls chests

There's a subplot of a demonic photographer that got altered somewhat and now all his photos are more tasteful, the character he kidnaps is also no longer in distress and is just sitting in the background bored

Swimsuit outfits are gone entirely and any scenes with them are also gone (instead the characters now have trendy clothes or in Maiko's case overalls??)

Some DLC is just straight up not getting sold here or bothered with (Typical Hot Springs anime scene or Beach scene or something like that)

Something about pelvis bones being gone or something I don't loving know

That's about all I've heard so far.

Doesn't seem all that boggling :shrug:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

What level did y'all beat the chapter 2 boss on hard cause I'm getting wrecked at 24

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Alright I grabbed two levels, some new accessories, and kept my party as the first three and it went well! Touma's sp attack was incredibly deadly.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Duo arts are powerful and give a nice chance to grab a refill. The cool & cute Kiria is good. This game is good.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Dunban posted:

Does Mamori's second sidequest always play out with Ellie? Or are there versions with Tsubasa and Maiko as well? The game seemed to give you a choice at the start, though I guess the other two simply might have been wrong choices.

I picked the Tsubasa option thinking that she'd be helpful since she is a little sister, but it just gave some dialog before letting me pick again.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

minusX posted:

The name is from before it was released in the US and we didn't know that pun, but I agree.

Has anyone else seen the fact that if you're snarky the whole time you can miss out on a dual tech ability with Tsubasa and Itsuki? I've only seen it really matter Chapter 4 on and most of the points you need are from a Side Quest but the only outline about what answers help has been from a Japanese site, wondering if stuff is different in the US. http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/91.html

I hope I made enough good choices to get it :ohdear:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

"Hollywannabe" :iceburn:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

So should I be class changing asap? I haven't yet

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

There's really no reason not to.

Cool. Didn't know if I'd be locked out of lower class weapons or something

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Oh wow when did I get 5 master seals lmao guess I don't really gotta pick now

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

i never regular attack ever

:yeah:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I'm at the chapter 5 intermission and I'm getting worried that Tsubasa and her sister aren't going to get a duo art :(

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lessail posted:

I'm at the chapter 5 intermission and I'm getting worried that Tsubasa and her sister aren't going to get a duo art :(

Just got the achievement for doing all of the duo arts :negative:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

CrashCat posted:

There really needs to be a way to turn that 'skill' off

I think I might just never unlock it, I only knew it's coming up because I watched some guy get owned by it repeatedly

Wow using Mamori has never been a problem for me. In fact the opposite happened, using her has slowed the boss battles down and makes them feel a little less like feast or famine. It's why I always bring her to boss battles.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

So, uh..I did the detritus thing for the ghost and now I'm faced with a 45~ level encounter..my party is level 33. Time to bash my head against this until I give up!

How? I've turned in the detritus I've had and I've gotten all the loot from all dungeons but the last one and no request. Does the dlc let you get some?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I didn't get it until chapter 5, so maybe he just went and killed a bunch of savage enemies.

Oh you get some from savage enemies? I didn't engage with a lot of them. Time to go kill a bunch. :mrgw:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah that's the only renewable source of it

Turns out it isn't! If you max out the arena coins a second time, you'll get 10 for beginner. Might not be the most efficient way. Found this out trying to get skills on low power weapons

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh god but why would you do this the arena is so tedious

On beginner you just set it on auto battle :shrug:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Where's this illusory obsidian at

It's in the treasure chest room, if that helps

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

A Sinister Rap posted:

I have no clue how to get to this unfilled section in the second part of Daiba Studio. I thought the obvious answer was to go in numerical order, but that wasn't it.

There's a request there later in that video room where a mirage will ask for three acting things and I guess Elle, Yashiro, and Touma gotta have something (I had their sidequests all done so maybe it is that maybe it is something else) and after that you leave and come back and certain doors will permanently have their faces on them and act like the treasure ones from the other side

edit:

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah me too. I've got all the treasure in Daitama, 106, and Daitou, and everything filled in in 106 and Daitou, but that area in Daiba has me baffled, as well as whatever I'm missing in Shibuya and Daitama where there's no indication of a missing area.

Those two don't have any tricks so you just gotta comb over them well.

Lessail fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 5, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I haven't had any crashes with a physical copy and this is with decently long play sessions.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Just beat the game. What an enjoyable ride. The final boss wasn't difficult at level 60 though. Mamori's Raindrop Memories completely negated the gimmick of the first phase. The second phase was better since he could kill Kiria in a session, but I never felt like the battle was getting away from me. Cool looking design tho.

Maybe sometime down the line when I want to play it again I'll try the lunatic difficulty and finish up the rest of the achievements

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Itsuki is boring, down with everyman player inserts

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So should I ditch Kiria entirely in the late game? In normal fights she does pretty well but during literally any boss fight if something looks at her she gets blown the gently caress up with 500 something damage hits followed by whatever session might occur. I literally do not know what to do with her because she just dies if I try to swap her in to use magic.

I used her but then again she had 100+ in mag so

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

the biggest non-contributor was ellie imo. just never really saw a reason to put her in a boss fight in the late game.

she was my fastest char so i used her as turn 1 debuff and switched for kiria. probably should've used touma for that since he got debilitate but :shrug:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

the biggest sin of this game is that there's no j-pop version of mass destruction

it's actually that tsubasa and ayaha don't have a song together

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Does anyone know what Barry's final play record is? I probably shouldn't care since it's not like you can 100% the game in one playthrough anyway, but I'd like to get his trophy on my wall before beating the game if possible.

it's going in and out of his studio a lot

there's also one for crossing the street a lot if you didn't get it

edit: This is the list I used to get as many as I cared for

Lessail fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 9, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm in the final dungeon and I'm lost as all hell

Are you at the warp part? Remember to use lightoma there.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I wished the final dungeon had been longer

Should have at least been one more section that combined all of the previous puzzles/gimmicks of the lower ones :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Kashuno posted:

ya know...regarding tiki How the gently caress does Itsuke get away with Tiki being real at the cafe with Tiki=Waifu?

I assumed they told everyone else but Tiki=Waifu that Tiki was just his younger sister cosplaying

• Locked thread