Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, I think it's 'random' but set to average out over time.

Most random things do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

lol what's this the OP to because I totally recognize it

also daily motion is some nostalgia for looking for low quality anime streams in the mid 2000s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C5%8Dretsu_Uch%C5%AB_K%C5%8Dky%C5%8Dkyoku_Dai_7_Gakush%C5%8D_%22Mugen_no_Ai%22

Bodacious Space Pirates

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

orenronen posted:

It kind of is. This is not the word used in the Japanese version (and in fact, it's not a word ever used in Japanese).

Mai yome.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
For a base game I'm not all that invested in, the Marth games fanservice is really fun. I love Bord and Cord.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

PJOmega posted:

Knowing that there is a NG+ Ultra Hard mode, is there any point to playing it through on Hard difficulty? Aside from the +20% XP?

It's fun.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did anyone actually use the special move they gave you for the final boss, because I don't really see why I'd use a 2 SP stall over Strike a Pose, or two 1 SP moves. People only mostly died to the boss's aoe attacks on hard. :v:

Also, is there a full list of stuff exclusive to NG+?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyone know how to get to the treasure chest at the bottom part of the upper left section in the second level of the final dungeon? I've tried taking all the teleports in the quadrant but no dice.

e: never mind, figured it out

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 22, 2016

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't want to underestimate the political might of the Parent-Teacher Association.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xad posted:

I gotta say they did the whole "everybody gets EXP" thing with Watchfullness really well. At least coming from Pokemon X/Y where EXP.All made your entire party hilariously overleveled if you kept it on. Also the fact that changing party members is a free action in battle makes it really easy to switch them out as the fight requires.

And as much characterization as there is in this game, I really wish there were side-stories for Itsuki. He and Chrom seem pretty dull and boring so far (chapter 5) aside from occasional amazing descriptions of food if you pick the "dramatic" option.

There is no non-dramatic option, friend.

You do get a bunch of unique lines depending on the choice you pick though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Can anyone tell me where Kuzu is? Ayaha had me do a little mission to help him out, and now I'm supposed to check up on him, to make sure he's okay.

I really wish this game had a decent quest tracker.

In other news, a lot of effort went into all the little music videos in this game. A cutscene theater would have been a nice addition, since there will probably be people that want to watch those again.

What place does Ayaha tell you to go check out?

There is a video player, but it's NG+ only.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xad posted:

Game super great, am on final boss and basically everything except maybe the final dungeon is funtimes. Buy game and enjoy game.

Then come here to argue about who is best girl.

Yashiro.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hard made some of the boss fights pretty tough.

I think I only damaged Gangrel with having him hit himself on attack mirrors, because otherwise I would get sessioned to death.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kashuno posted:

oh if we're including Maiko then the answer is obvious.

Also Yashiro over Touma? really?

Yeah, but Yashiro will flirt with me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ellie is useful just for having Mass Destruction as a time saver.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

AlphaKretin posted:

So is any other Duo Art actually any better than Give Me, the first one I got? :v:

The Mamoru/Tiki one that gives SP is super useful because it gives SP.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ometeotl posted:

So how do stat caps work in this game? Once the stat hits 100, the bar starts flashing gold but it will keep going up through level ups and whatnot afterwards. Is that number just for show and the effect of the stat maxes at 100 or does it still count the higher number?

It's just for show. SMT IV did something similar. I think the real stat cap is something like 999.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can't hit him in a counter state, except aoe attacks are still totally fair game.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

...yashiro was forced?

You can't start the fight without him in the party and you can't swap him out. It's like a side story battle.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yashiro really doesn't want people thinking he uses boku.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

redreader posted:

I liked persona 3 and 4, and am looking forward to persona 5. I liked fire emblem: awakening. I watched a video of this and it looked really weird. Would I enjoy this game?

Yes

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ometeotl posted:

So I just started NG+, what do I need to do to fight the secret boss?

Have every other quest completed, and then trade in detritus to that guy in the arena like 30 times. There's another quest exclusive to NG+ I think you have to do, but it starts in the first dungeon and is really hard to miss.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The boss fight has only physical attacks, so it's way easier if you buy some attack mirrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

brainwrinkle posted:

Just used Concentrate for the first time to take down the Chapter 4 midboss. They made it even better than usual in this game! Kiria's Pastel Power also combos extremely well with Tsubasa's radiant ability before you know the enemy weaknesses.

Should I be class changing already? I tried changing Itsuki, but it didn't look like it unlocked any new Carnages right now so I reloaded.

I'm not a fan of this dungeon. It's a little confusing.

It's a free stat boost even if you can't unlock any of the weapons yet, so yes.

• Locked thread