Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

M-x woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
http://i.imgur.com/T5efpL0.gifv

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

ive been using wombat theme for like 2 years. it's alright, feels like a molokai clone

nice OS

b0red fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 15, 2016

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
has anyone written a forums backend for gnus?

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

eschaton posted:

has anyone written a forums backend for gnus?

awful.el is almost ready

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
https://twitter.com/Archenoth/status/754033023314567168

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
also every time i see this thread i hum a little bit of 'i'm in the jailhouse now'

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Is there something like helm-swoop, but for an entire directory? Basically get search results while you type, but not restricted to a single file.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

one of those solutions that make you cringe for a moment but then you find you have no special issue with it, and it rather is the only interface external to the browser itself that javascript can control v:shobon:v

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah, a necessary horror

still really funny

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

mike12345 posted:

Is there something like helm-swoop, but for an entire directory? Basically get search results while you type, but not restricted to a single file.

helm-ag does this, btw, if anyone's looking. really cool.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

mike12345 posted:

helm-ag does this, btw, if anyone's looking. really cool.

oh i was going to suggest that but I wasn't sure of the behavior of swoop so I thought it was different

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
today emacs is freezing for like 2 minutes every time I save a file lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Symbolic Butt posted:

today emacs is freezing for like 2 minutes every time I save a file lol

Lomarfio @ emacs

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Captain Foo posted:

Lomarfio @ emacs

I'm still having this kind of issue (it's more like 30s now)

don't really know how to solve this, I went back to vim for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Symbolic Butt posted:

I'm still having this kind of issue (it's more like 30s now)

don't really know how to solve this, I went back to vim for now

Now u have two problems lol

• Locked thread