Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The fun swear dlc is worth it, from what I recall playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

graybook posted:

The fun swear dlc is worth it, from what I recall playing.

It has Workshop support now, though last I checked there weren't any good wordlists so you'd have to make your own for any relevant shenanigans.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RandomFerret posted:

Dude, there's way better options for that today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246580/

Kids these days don't know what it was like trying to find games to play on os9.

Eventually I did find a working Typing of the Dead though.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

Dude, there's way better options for that today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246580/

Typing of the Dead is sooo much better than mavis beacon. I played it casually for a while and since then i've been consistently 95 wpm

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I had a Mario game for Windows! :haw: I remember reading about it years later in a gaming article, and what I'd been playing was an early fan game that someone had stuck on a floppy rather then a mod. It had no sound, but it was pretty good; I have no idea where my dad got it from.

I bet you I know which one it was:
http://www.wieringsoftware.nl/mario/

It was a super widely distributed piece of software back in the day. There is some lovely creepypasta called this now, but for ages this was just known as "mario.exe". The guy also made a bunch of other games/sequels that all use the same engine and play pretty similarly.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 02:43 on Sep 26, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/776506833754329089?s=09

:eyepop:

e: this twitter is pretty drat good

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/773588910886809602?s=09

PenguinKnight has a new favorite as of 01:59 on Sep 26, 2016

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

New gimmick powerup for Super Mario Bros NX looking good, weird graphics style tho.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse posted:

New gimmick powerup for Super Mario Bros NX looking good, weird graphics style tho.

That's actually your first partner for the next Mario RPG

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Hola DEA

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

m2pt5 posted:

It even came out on Super NES. On a cartridge that you had to plug an official cartridge into the top of to make it boot, because there's no way in hell Nintendo would license it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbJdS-nLjQY

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

EorayMel posted:

The nursery rhyme stuff is one of the more recent internet phenomenons, especially the finger family versions. See all those millions of views, but few comments, and even fewer intelligible comments that you can make out and read?

These videos are being automatically generated and watched so that whoever owns the videos can make a ton of money off of ad clicks and views.

That doesn't mean people don't watch it, it means majority of views are structurally made by artificial intelligence. Rows of computers set up to watch it, refresh, then go to the next one. All for that sweet,sweet, advertisement and high viewcount purchased by view bots revenue.

tl;dr ad fraud endgame.

At least half of those views are from my 4yo actually.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My favorite are the bootleg anime sets from the early 2000's. Back then you would have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a 26 episode series, I believe Cowboy Bebop was something like $100, to get the complete set. The fact these things were so expensive had websites spring up that offered complete shows for ballpark $20 and you would even see those sets pop up on Amazon in the marketplace. I bought a Cowboy Bebop before I realized it was a bootleg and when it came in I actually looked at the box it shipped in. They had managed to spell the names of most of the creators wrong on the box.

My friends girlfriend bought Doctor Who series 1 through 4 for $15 a piece instead of the shitloads the BBC wanted for them at the time and every menu ended up going to the episode list. The play all button didn't work, there were no other audio/subtitle tracks and the special features were just the episode list.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I WILL PAY SEVERAL AMERICAN MONIES FOR THAT.

It's bootleg, a mashup and a pun.
I'd marry it if I could.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Len posted:

Bootleg video stuff

My favorite was a bootleg DVD of Kill Bill that I bought on the street in NYC. It was shot on a camcorder in what I can only assume was a predominantly african american theater, the kind where everyone is yelling at the screen. People are goofing on all the characters and laughing when people die. At one point a fight almost breaks out but one dude come out on top with a good "SIT YOUR rear end DOWN AND SHUT THE gently caress UP"

Since then I've wished that every movie had an audio option that had that crowd's reaction.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Len posted:

My favorite are the bootleg anime sets from the early 2000's. Back then you would have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a 26 episode series, I believe Cowboy Bebop was something like $100, to get the complete set. The fact these things were so expensive had websites spring up that offered complete shows for ballpark $20 and you would even see those sets pop up on Amazon in the marketplace. I bought a Cowboy Bebop before I realized it was a bootleg and when it came in I actually looked at the box it shipped in. They had managed to spell the names of most of the creators wrong on the box.

In the mid 2000s I got a bootleg dvd set of Big O, the full series. Actually it was great because there were no pre-home screen trailers/ads or annoying menu transitions. Literally insert disc, immediately see episode list, choose one and play episode. I loved it.

I haven't bought a dvd in years, do they still do that front-loaded ad poo poo just like on videotapes?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

It gets worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ghGWWfzq-o&t=902s

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I still regret not buying this when I saw it

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
KUNG FU PANDA: THE MOVIE: THE COLORING BOOK: THE HAT

THE FLAMETHROWER

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Elsa emergency throat surgery was actually kind of difficult because for some loving reason you do the surgery without her being intubated and she asphyxiates in like 90 seconds.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What the hell is the deal with these anyway? Same as with the unsettling nursery rhymes on youtube?

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

My Lovely Horse posted:

What the hell is the deal with these anyway? Same as with the unsettling nursery rhymes on youtube?

Younger kids don't get how creepy these games are (or don't care), and they're cheap and easy to make. Plop a few ads on there and you've just made yourself a million e-moneys

What I don't get is how these sites manage to last longer than like ten minutes. I thought Disney was super on top of stamping out copyright infringement

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's why they only do medical and science themed games aimed at young girls. Nobody wants to risk a public relations nightmare by shutting down something like that.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I assume the servers are in a country that doesn't care all that much about American copyright.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

That's why they only do medical and science themed games aimed at young girls. Nobody wants to risk a public relations nightmare by shutting down something like that.

I see you have missed the pregnancy, zombie and breastfeeding variations of these games.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
eeeh, their forced smiles + tears belay a deeply disturbed person developing these games. I'm assuming he modeled the art from life, from the people locked in his basement

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cumslut1895 posted:

eeeh, their forced smiles + tears belay a deeply disturbed person developing these games. I'm assuming he modeled the art from life, from the people locked in his basement
I just assumed it was intended as fetish bait. Are they... "real" games?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just assumed it was intended as fetish bait. Are they... "real" games?

At first I figured it was just someone making these games to be edgy and shocking. But with the sheer amount of them I'm leaning towards fetish now.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

TopHatGenius posted:

At first I figured it was just someone making these games to be edgy and shocking. But with the sheer amount of them I'm leaning towards fetish now.

why are they loving CRYING

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Somfin posted:

why are they loving CRYING

you'd cry too if you were having your teeth removed in a forest

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
These aren't Tf2 characters

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

We Know Catheters posted:

These aren't Tf2 characters

Fieldrunners is genuinely great, though.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Those creepy surgery games bring me back around to like, the Finger Family knock off videos, and I recently discovered the now kicked off of Youtube "Hey Kids!" channel that appeared to be a creepy pasta type thing disguised as one of those channels. Except for the Indian man superimposed over a cracked and bruised doll annoying orange style with very stilted dialog. And the random videos of pretty ladies doing nursery rhymes. And how after like over a year of this, suddenly having him appear over a creepy Darth Maul image claiming he is an AI and the girls are human/computer hybrids. And then his next video has Hitler telling you more about this whole thing. What.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Choco1980 posted:

Those creepy surgery games bring me back around to like, the Finger Family knock off videos, and I recently discovered the now kicked off of Youtube "Hey Kids!" channel that appeared to be a creepy pasta type thing disguised as one of those channels. Except for the Indian man superimposed over a cracked and bruised doll annoying orange style with very stilted dialog. And the random videos of pretty ladies doing nursery rhymes. And how after like over a year of this, suddenly having him appear over a creepy Darth Maul image claiming he is an AI and the girls are human/computer hybrids. And then his next video has Hitler telling you more about this whole thing. What.

Holy poo poo, that sounds awesome. Is it still up or did all the videos get deleted?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Radio Help posted:

Holy poo poo, that sounds awesome. Is it still up or did all the videos get deleted?

For those interested, this video explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B1sRPwK248

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Voice or Musical?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Radio Help posted:

Yeah, the channel's no longer up, youtube says it violated content or something like that. The link posted above is how I found out about it. Worth a look.