Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah those are fake as hell. I'd even go so far as to say they're official figures that someone just photoshopped funny names onto.

No lie, I'd like that 'Glorious Star Lord' one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Yeah, it is not story-linked and skipping it does nothing. So better or worse than necessary. I think worse.

Even in the context of the game, you get a better sense of how evil and sadistic Skullface is with the tape recording him and Codetalker. The Paz tape was unneccesary. And gross.

To wit: bad guy is talking to living macguffin, an old Navajo scientist, and tells him there is a Soldier outside the cell. He shows off a simple, small bell. Every ring of the bell, the Soldier is instructed to radio in a command to have a young Navajo man executed. Code Talker spills the beans about a secret project vital to the big bad's plans. Then, Skullface stands up. And throws the bell. It rings on every bounce as this old man scrambles and fumbles to make it stop, every ring another death on his conscience.

Skullface then opens the door. There was no Soldier outside at all. He made him give up the secret to killing millions, if not billions, over a cruel joke.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

Ah.
Truth be told, I probably got that tape, and ignored it. I love the game play of the MGS games, but the stories are loving dumb, and I'm glad I can skip cut scenes.

For the record- I suck at them, but have fun loving with guards.

MGS5 has some of the best AI fuckery in gaming, truth be told. Videogamedunkey did a series on various things, including using a truck lined with C4 to blow up a helicopter with timing and fulton balloons.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Now I know what to look for when I can go to the Artbox at the train station again!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Look out!
Here comes the Spiderman

Man, the alt-universe where Frank Castle got bit by the spider takes some weird turns.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

saw this on a tire cover this morning. Is this from season 2? I haven’t seen it yet

Yeah, but Season 2 gets...weird, when they let MAPPA animate certain sequences.

(I know this is more 'fanart for a lets play' rather than a bootlet but shhhh, don't ruin my joke please)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Please let me know who I need to throw money at to get one of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

You can buy these shirts down in Itaewon still, usually in spring or fall when the street-side carts come out to sell stuff.