Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I want one, just so I could have it sitting on my whisky shelf. I'd never dare to drink any, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Chrpno posted:

Seems that rural New Zealand is fertile ground for dubious descriptions and thesaurus abuse:

Are you ready for some Unbelievable Stimulation? :heysexy:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

C.M. Kruger posted:

Pre-late-80s/90s Japanese (and South Korean) cars were notorious for having rust issues as I recall.

Modern Mazdas are still very prone to rust issues.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Is there a good book, site, YouTube series etc. all about DOS? It's such a fascinatingly janky ecosystem full of uniquely and weirdly lovely games that feel like they're barely holding themselves together, especially when compared with home consoles like the NES, and I'm curious about the technical limitations and what it was like to make games for them. Even later titles like Jazz Jackrabbit feel weird and janked up in a bunch of little ways. DOS itself feels like a bootleg ecosystem, compared to what was possible on other systems, at least in relation to a lot of games.

Lazy Games Reviews on Youtube has a lot of videos about DOS games, and some about the hardware and OS, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?phreakindee

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I'm waiting for the inevitable "YUGE DREDD" variant.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh dang I've been waiting for them to post the answer and I didn't realise they'd posted it under their human name. It was Fillowship Of The Ring.

Well, it was recorded in Kiwiland, so it fits.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

EL BROMANCE posted:

Eh it’s pretty normal to have stuff designed for different markets’ power. Apple, for example, has switching power supplies for multi voltage because you’re paying for well engineered gear (plus in the case of laptops, it’s likely youll travel and put it into a converter. Have a ton of fried laptops ain’t good PR).

Most switchmode power supplies accept large range of voltages, it's not some sort of premium engineering thing. Even my original EeePC 701 had a power supply that would work on anything from 100v to 250v.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The RDF is still strong.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nostradingus posted:

Now this is a new emoticon if ever I did see one.

I cut out the background, go hog wild.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Sole mate.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Wanky Kong

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Everyone ascends underneath

Multitudes waft subjacently.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Zil posted:

I too "hate hatred"

also Donatello has no rear end.

Knockoff Assless Ninja Turtles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Drone_Fragger posted:

Looks like the Lego production team got lazy. Before decommissioning injection moulding tools you should also mess up the chamber's inside the mould plates (either Dremel, weld spatter, drill some holes into the water cooling loops, etc) then weld the tools shut on the locator pins and the edge of the tools. If you really want you can spike the feeders and gates with some weld rod and a sledgehammer and then weld them too.

Otherwise, if it goes to a scrapyard in a usable state someone will notice it and fish it out and put it back Into service. Some of those parts definitely have that look on them as being authentic but old Lego parts, the ferns for instance.

LEGO turns all their old molds to slag, and for the longest time they kept production in Denmark only, despite the costs. They're absolutely paranoid about theft of designs or tools and waged huge lawsuits against the knockoff manufacturers. Their NDAs are even stricter than the medical business, from what I hear.

But when your product is mostly very dimensionally stable plastic bricks, they're pretty easy to imitate.

The hard part was matching the very exact tolerances and quality control, but AFAIK the knockoffs are catching up.