Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I found one recently, a copy of the Fascinations Metal Earth figures. The original is a pretty neat idea: a little model made from laser cut sheets with tabs you insert into slots, so the whole thing can be assembled with just a hobby knife and some pliers. Copying a design on a sheet of metal seems pretty easy, so naturally someone did it.

The packaging is pretty similar, but they popped out at me as fakes even though there were no real ones at the store to compare to. It's interesting to see that they lifted the "360 degree view" icon from the original packaging, since in the original it indicated that you could go on the website and see they model before you buy it. Here, not so much. Also the big ferris wheel on the front is a lie. Even though the packaging features a variety of models, the one you get inside is indicated by the sticker on the back.

The instructions are copies of the original, but translated.

That little metal rod is the tank's barrel. It's pretty lovely, and the only part of the kit that isn't a copy of the original. Here's what the barrel is supposed to look like: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3148869&pagenumber=82&perpage=40#post435315586

Interestingly enough, even though this is mostly a clone, they did have a package at the store with a PzIV tank model on it, which is not one of the tanks made by Fascinations. I wonder if these guys actually made an original design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
World of Tanks: The Shooting Gallery

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I got an ad for a Russian mobile game. Seems a little familiar...