Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

bulletsponge13 posted:

If someone has a source on where to buy that Chip and Dale/50 Cent wallet, for the love of god, please post a link. I can't find it anywhere in my searching.

I have come so close to just making one myself, but that seems like cheating. I need to find it out there in the wild.

Oh, and my two year old will need the Obama/Sonic/Harry Potter backpack in a few years, when she goes to school. But I have time on that one. I need that wallet with desperate urgency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

:bigtran:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Oh my god. So that's Nostalgia Critic? I've never seen any of his videos, but holy poo poo is he insufferable. I couldn't get through two minutes. His affectation is too smug and annoying. I have no idea if he has anything meaningful to say. I can't even concentrate on what he's saying behind how obnoxious he acts. Do people watch this poo poo? Does this man make a living talking like this on the internet? I just... I don't... :psyduck:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

A number-one hit on the UK singles charts for four weeks and eventually the third biggest-selling single at the end of the year.

:suicide:

This had to be 2005 UK's version of ironically voting for Donald Trump in 2016 US. "I'll download this song because it's so stupid and it'll piss off my friends!" "I'll vote for Trump because it's so stupid and it'll piss everyone off."

This is the reason we can't have nice things.

Captain Invictus posted:

bootlegs

bootleeeeeeegs

"WW2 China vs Japan playset"

"WW2 Villains Set"

bootleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegs

:lsd:

bootlego

I would cheerfully kill for a Lego Villains of WW2 playset.

Wait. That came out wrong. Ummmmmmmmm

The China v Japan playset makes me sad just thinking about it.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Lime Tonics posted:

Vader looking different after the election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9io-b9Uew&t=131s

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

I found him a girlfriend:

It's Lucille Ball

Oh, yeah. I remember this. Lucille Ball by way of R. Crumb.

(Although my wife just read this post and said that a new statue was comissioned to replace it, and it looks awesome.)

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Elkyrie posted:

I'd assume these or these Minions ones would have the same result, the first listing might be easier on the wallet if you specifically want Spider-man tops.

I love misplaced rap lyrics bootlegs more than any other bootleg, it's so good :allears:

Still my favorite:

And by "favorite" I mean "favorite item anywhere, ever."

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

:aaa:

Chinese-to-English Google Translate has to be better than this by now, right? Come on, guys. What is someone paying you poorly/not paying you for, anyway?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

It looks like that Doctor guy from Nightmare before Christmas.

It's viral marketing for a new movie: Nightmare before Easter

So, The Passion of the Christ?

Come, now. That might not be a rip-off of Mario.

It could just as easily be Josef Stalin.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

No, Stallone Nicolas Cage, that's not how you use that knife! :ohdear:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Ariong posted:

Here’s an old one. Short Subject aka Mickey Mouse in Vietnam was a Vietnam War protest film created by Lee Savage (father of Adam Savage) and Milton Glaser (creator of “I :love: NY”) in 1968. It is an unlicensed and unauthorized Mickey Mouse cartoon which Savage and Glaser would show to their friends. You know those “gritty realistic mario with a gun” type shorts that were all the rage on Newgrounds like 15 years ago? This is kinda like that, but it actually has meaning and was made back when a project like this was a huge undertaking.

Until recently the only copies of the short available were in the hands of organizations which would only rent it out for screening, so only descriptions and screenshots were available online. Then five years ago some rando managed to find a (partial, soundless) version in a box of scrap film that was set to be thrown out. Then, earlier this year, someone else managed to upload a complete version with the original soundtrack. Check it out below.

:nws:Short Subject (:nws: not for nudity, but for violence. Mickey gets shot in the head.)
Source

This is really interesting. Thanks for the post!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

I am jealous of this Pannywose costume.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Hey what was the site that sold those slightly (deliberately) off-brand shirts for bands and movies and poo poo? Like, "ALAN: In space no one can hear you in space." My wife needs to know before my birthday, and I extremely need her to know. TIA

Edit: I thought the link was posted here a little while back, but I may be thinking of another thread.

Railing Kill has a new favorite as of 03:24 on Oct 17, 2020

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Rexxed posted:

I think it's slightlywrong which google searches to:
https://www.mysoti.com/designer/slightlywrong

That's it! Thank you!

My Googling turned up the Redbubble page and others selling bootleg ALAN shirts (:ironicat:), but I wanted to check out the rest of them too.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Rexxed posted:

In space, nobody can hear you in space.

I'm a big fan of that one, as well as the Motorhead Radiohead shirt. Termination 2: Judgeman Day isn't half bad either.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

EorayMel posted:

Neighbor Sponge. Scary Secret 3D
Play for a guy whose name is Bob! You came to the bottom neighborhood of the city and settled next to the sponge neighbor. You liked his unusually huge pineapple house. You thought he was very kind. He has a huge mustache and he always says hello to strangers. You have learned that he works in a fast food restaurant which is famous for its crab burgers. After some time, you learned that the secret burger recipe was stolen.

*Mashes button to play football with Vampire Spange Brob*

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Link opens a chest and holds a shining new item above his head. Triumphant music slowly swells to a crescendo of---

AUUGH?!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

graham cracker posted:

Pinocchio
k

(AKA PInocchio 3,000,000)

Pinocchio 30k

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only *~wishes~*

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

DM: Ok, roll to smolder.

Stephen Baldwin: I got a 1. But! With my charisma modifier it's...a 1.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

This and the Sexy Hulk Hogan costume are cool and good for...similar reasons.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

So my 6-year-old daughter is big into Legos, and old Mickey cartoons. Like, old ones. She calls Mickey "Steamboat Willie." She's a weird kid. Anyway, this is to say that I found out a perfect present for her for Christmas: a Steamboat Willie Lego set. I hunted around online and couldn't get a deal except on some semi-shady online toy store. I took a chance and saved :20bux:. The thing finally arrived and it's a Chinese bootleg, of course, but it's spot-on and compatible with real Legos. But it came in a fucken bag, with no display of what it is, so I'm worried that my kid is going to open it tomorrow morning and be like, "what the gently caress is this?" It's supposed to be one of her two big presents. :ohdear:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

UPDATE: Kiddo saw Ol' Timey Mickey's head in the mix and put together what it was. She had apparently seen it on a shelf somewhere before. She loved it. :bubblewoop:

No questions about why Santa delivers Lego kits in unmarked bags instead of boxes. :ninja:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Lodin posted:

It sounds like it didn't even come with instructions but they should be here. At least I'm assuming the bootleg is the exact same as the official set.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/21317

It came with instrutions, but they just weren't packaged in such a way that the finished kit was visible from outside the bag. We're good, and working on it in stages, but thanks anyway! :)

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

As a die hard history nerd, I would actually buy a set of historical Lego sets. A 1914 Sarajevo set with Garvilo Princip and Franz Ferdinand's motorcade would be :discourse:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Humphreys posted:

Holy cow I love that cover! It's pretty cheap in the USA but postage to Australia sucks. Might have to go book hunting locally again!
The character on the cover is Shelley

Meanwhile the British got this boring rear end cover.

Nearomuncer! :downs:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Very strong Kubric Face on Mary. I dig it.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

I'm overtired right now, so at first glance I thought, "that's one hosed up clock."

:negative:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

:allears:

Yet another bootleg on my long list of bootlegs that I desperately need.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Holy poo poo. Violent J is a great dad. This is like those dads that learn to French braid their daughters' hair x1000.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

That reminds me of this video that's pretty appropriate for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VAmUOUVC3c

I found it after my local Harveys turned into a Food Lion and I started drinking Dr. Perky.

I'm in the NE US and we have this store brand in Hannaford. (Locally, "Hannafid's"). My wife actually prefers their Diet Mountain Lion to Diet Dew. I am a Dr. Perky man myself.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

Garfield is fully lasagnized and loving it

Foreverially lasagnated and loving it

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Humphreys posted:

Ah, never seen Mr Show. That was actually quite funny.

It's been a cult series for a long time, and is kind of a darling on the forums. The Titanica skit is good, but it's not even close to top-tier Mr. Show. It's worth a watch.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Splicer posted:

My favourite part of this one is they had a live audience and by the end they were getting... cranky

Yeah, especially since they had to set up the knicknack shelf behind him each time. So the live audience got to watch the crew spend ten times more time resetting a bunch of little doodads than there was any actual comedy skit. It's a masterclass in audience antagonism, whether is was meant as such or not. It's right up there with Gilbert Godfried's improvised aristocrats joke when a live audience gave him "too soon" poo poo for a 9/11 joke.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

With real trucker tan action!!!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

flavor.flv posted:

loving love tourist garbage

Give me one of these but it's a landlocked country. Just Garfield getting turnt on a beach in Mongolia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm looking for replacement toner for my B&W laser printer. One of the knockoff brands had this helpful info

:eyepop: