Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
My siblings and I were pretty into Pokemon. We played the TCG regularly, saw the first movie in theaters and had the Mew cards to prove it, etc. One day, my dad took us to the local record store, and I found the perfect CD to accompany my well-worn copy of the Pokemon: the First Movie Soundtrack:

My young mind recognized that something was fishy with the cover art, but anything involving Pokemon was good in my book, so I gleefully bought it and took it home. Most of the tracks are generic lovely love songs but I urge you to listen to the samples, because there are some real gems in there, such as:

#2, Nanalla Nulla, some weird racist poo poo? What even is happening with this song?

#7, Pokemon, a funk song and the first one on the album to actually be explicitly about Pokemon at all. 7 tracks in.

#10, Pikachu, a song all about how you should beware Pokemon because they use magic and are totally out to get you. Watch out.

#12, So Many, Poooookemooooooonn, so maaaaanyyy times, I'm in looooove with yooouu, my special frie~eeend~!

I listened to this CD a shameful number of times (though not nearly as much as the real soundtrack) and I think about it disturbingly often, but this is the first time I've actually tried to find it online and I'm so glad Amazon delivered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU