Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

I love how he still has the Optimus Prime style chestplate despite that no longer actually being the front of the truck.
That's actually probably the least knockoff-y aspect, not few official Transformers do that sort of thing these days to replicate old designs. Although this particular one looks like it just hides in the trailer altogether and shares no parts at all with the vehicle mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

m2pt5 posted:

Edit: And there's some excerpts over here.

quote:

Harry was a 5th-year student at Hogwartz School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
A rare look at what Harry Potter would have been like in the early-mid 90s.

zedprime posted:

I remember Amusing Duck being the real deal, who's popularity spawned a knock off that still laid eggs but had absolutely terrifying music.

e. Hmmm, yeah, sure this music chip will work, they just want a duck that lays eggs right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPU4tRDWIc
I'm partial to THE GOOSE. Looking at the bottom of the box, that looks like the same model repainted, but features better guillotine bumflap action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHCid-GypGI&t=260s

Bonus!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWPVL1xqDQg

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm guest starring in Ashens' latest Poundland roundup :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlQEKKIXN3Q

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

New gimmick powerup for Super Mario Bros NX looking good, weird graphics style tho.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What the hell is the deal with these anyway? Same as with the unsettling nursery rhymes on youtube?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Most certainly is. Here's Ashens reviewing the bloody thing with some details shots of the back of the card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpVcIBSsNSQ

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Marmaduke! posted:

I only skipped through that video with the sound turned off, but the way the reviewer tossed the evil clever dog aside at the end of the review looked really mean-spirited.
Hoo boy you should see his blind bag videos.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

In my old job I once came across a fantastic primary/early secondary school textbook from India. It was a foreign language conversation book - you may know the kind, they usually have kids learning the language as identification characters and they get into all sorts of everyday conversations. "Good morning, my name is so-and-so." "Excuse me, when does the next bus leave." And so on. Except where regular books have the kids go abroad, or visitors from abroad coming to their home country, this one had a wild mix of entirely unlicensed comic characters. No changes were made to the topics, nor any acknowledgements that these were fictional characters from their own stories. This meant you got conversations where the kids exchanged phone numbers with Mickey Mouse and Asterix, only to learn that Count Dracula didn't have a telephone.

I immediately showed it to everyone and regret to this day that I never set aside half an hour to scan the whole thing. It was one of the most absurd things I've ever seen.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I bet getting bitten was no walk in the park.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"probably sour"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

When a problem comes along

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I have a manga published by the World Intellectual Property Organization that's about counterfeit goods, and in the climax the hero, a motorbike delivery guy for the brand goods store, saves the love interest, who delivers for the knockoff store, from certain death after she buys *gasp* the knockoff bike brakes. It's a quick read.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

How about paint huffing thor? It was only $2 Canadian at Dollarama
I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLA

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The 2040s: rows upon rows of Mickey Mouses and Elsas and Minions with bloody broken teeth bearing the legend "ONLY 10S KIDS WILL GET THIS"

scribbled on the bunker walls, presumably

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Man, I want to party with librarians.
Sometimes we stay up until midnight.

Man the Reader's Digest one is lame cause everybody in this business knows those are going straight in the bin as soon as the donor turns their back.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah but books are heavy and that's a shitload of readers digest to carry to the recycle dumpster.
God gave us interns for a reason.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

I like how they use man-bat as a way to avoid infringement, but the trademarked villain man-bat is actually present in the second model
I'm very keen to know what they called him on the package.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Been a while since I've seen NGE but from what I remember that guy is hosed.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Salt and potato flavour, my favourite

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I guess if you publish a super inofficial game guide you have to cover your rear end but come on

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

I was a poor and only got call center Spiderman. He came with self loathing and no hope.
So Spiderman, then.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

don't doxx me or my son ever again

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

I just saw something puzzling in the supermarket.

Knockoff Pickle Rick costume? The weird part is that they have like a dozen copies of this one costume, and I didn't see any other adult costumes at all. Because it's a supermarket, not a costume store.
:iiam:
Just realized that the guy who ran (runs?) I-Mockery has to be feeling either super ripped off or entirely vindicated by the pickle craze.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

$40 for those two, 50 for a few others, and there's not a thing under $40; Darxide pulls in the lead with $75.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

Darxide is definitely not worth 75. It's a Europe only game for the 32X that is pretty much just 3D Asteroids.
Mother 3 is great but 40 is definitely a bit steep too. Let alone NES Earthbound for 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If FunkoPops all had googly eyes I think I'd like them a lot more.