Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I unironically want that Crazy Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The "Evangelion" dolls are "MADE IN NERV"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

FYI, the webpage has some designs not shown in the pic, like Moe with a Duff can on his tail is Slowbro

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I like that ralph is psyduck and chief wiggam is golduck

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Humphreys posted:

The thing is - if Obvious Plant actually did do small runs of each product at silly prices - people WOULD buy them!

With the action figures this actually happens. Like they only make a hundred or so and usually sell out in a day.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Okay I give up, who is "African American Woman With Robohands" supposed to be knocking off?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Shuri, Black Panther's sister

Well now I feel dumb.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dewgy posted:

New booth at the local flea market mall.

It took me way too long to realize that Wily Wars wasn’t the only thing in this case that seemed a little off.

Holy poo poo. That's not lazy bootlegging, that's careful repro carting of games that don't have real US releases. I'm guessing the ones that are Japan only like Sweet Home and Mother are fan translation romhacks. What were the prices?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

$40 for those two, 50 for a few others, and there's not a thing under $40; Darxide pulls in the lead with $75.

Darxide is definitely not worth 75. It's a Europe only game for the 32X that is pretty much just 3D Asteroids.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dewgy posted:

There's a few unreleased ones, some fan translations, Earthbound is just the original English Mother release, and they had a MLP: Friendship is Magic NES game too.

$40-50 for these honestly isn't too bad. A few years back I ordered some of these for a buddy and they were like, $80 plus the donor cart and shipping. Probably way easier to get now though, there's probably even a market for new blank boards.

Mother didn't HAVE an english release, that's a prototype. I'm sure it's the same for Final Fantasy 2 there. And yeah, the repro carts and boards are a real market for some of the homebrew markets. Like some of the solid games like the two Battle Kid ones in the homebrew world really frown on distributing roms and prefer you buy physical carts.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, as I said, Final Fantasy 2 also got as far as a beta official translation before they decided to pull the plug, and you can find a rip floating around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Part of me wants to think they were around long before the internet with a name like that, and just decided to cleverly embrace the similarities for good marketing. Of course, it's still funny as just a knockoff.