Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I had a Mario game for Windows! :haw: I remember reading about it years later in a gaming article, and what I'd been playing was an early fan game that someone had stuck on a floppy rather then a mod. It had no sound, but it was pretty good; I have no idea where my dad got it from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

That's why they only do medical and science themed games aimed at young girls. Nobody wants to risk a public relations nightmare by shutting down something like that.

I see you have missed the pregnancy, zombie and breastfeeding variations of these games.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Voice or Musical?

Dipsy is on the dankest kush.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

'Burn the wind' is metal as gently caress. That must be some tractor.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There's a story behind that last one and I need to know what it is.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is there a good book, site, YouTube series etc. all about DOS? It's such a fascinatingly janky ecosystem full of uniquely and weirdly lovely games that feel like they're barely holding themselves together, especially when compared with home consoles like the NES, and I'm curious about the technical limitations and what it was like to make games for them. Even later titles like Jazz Jackrabbit feel weird and janked up in a bunch of little ways. DOS itself feels like a bootleg ecosystem, compared to what was possible on other systems, at least in relation to a lot of games.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I was a teenager when Crazy Frog came out; mobile phones had just managed to start producing proper sounds, internet culture was barely in its infancy and people were as tasteless a bunch of braying dimwits as they ever were. It was the perfect conditions for something so utterly and completely terrible to flourish.

Also thanks for the links, I'll check them out later.

Doctor_Fruitbat has a new favorite as of 14:21 on Jan 19, 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Are there any emulators and ROMs for old mobile phones? All this talk of crap old ringtones has got me hankering to revisit the crap old games that went with them.

Or more YouTube links, the DOS ones were pretty good.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cartoon Heroes was always my favourite; there was a rad remix for one of the DDR games too.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3yuFlvRyqM

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Kiiiiiiiiiill meeeeeeeee

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Grassy Knowles posted:

How is babie formaldehyded

That's a new thread title if ever there was one.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

http://hotsaucezone.com/brands/rear end-in-tub/

I really don't get hot sauce enthusiasts.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

He appears to have three fingers and two thumbs on each hand.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

goose willis posted:

Yes well you see that horse is actually from a planet of sentient horse-like creatures called the Hor'syr and they are force-sensitive and in 12000 BBY they were part of the Jedi Council and the one you saw in that movie was actually a remnant of their species after their planet was blown up by the evil Sith Lord Evilious and he has a wife and kids and secretly built his own lightsaber in secret with his hooves and later goes on to star in many novels in the Expanded Universe such as

Level with me, is this real? Because I know enough about the Expanded Universe to know it could be.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

:psypop:

EU was a cancer.

I was looking for a part to quote, but there is not one part of that page that isn't the worst most :females: thing I've ever read.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

[edit] Nah, that's a bit harsh. But gently caress that unholy trash fire known as the Expanded Universe.

Doctor_Fruitbat has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Dec 16, 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

No, I'm pretty sure that's a complex lady. No crotch bulge at all.

He's a very complex man.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, that Superman head has a seriously haunted look.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

He looks like John Lithgow.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's not just Arin, the two on the right are clearly based on Danny (Grumps co-host) and Suzy (Arin's wife), while the kid kind of has Ross' hair, but blonde.

[edit] Digging into it a bit more, it looks like a parody that wasn't attempting to hide what it was, but has wound up being an actual published book that none of them ever knew about?

Doctor_Fruitbat has a new favorite as of 11:39 on Mar 17, 2018

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

He has to appeal to the youth of today somehow.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I am extremely curious as to what that VCD does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Related items all looking above board too.