Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Len posted:

My favorite are the bootleg anime sets from the early 2000's. Back then you would have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a 26 episode series, I believe Cowboy Bebop was something like $100, to get the complete set. The fact these things were so expensive had websites spring up that offered complete shows for ballpark $20 and you would even see those sets pop up on Amazon in the marketplace. I bought a Cowboy Bebop before I realized it was a bootleg and when it came in I actually looked at the box it shipped in. They had managed to spell the names of most of the creators wrong on the box.

In the mid 2000s I got a bootleg dvd set of Big O, the full series. Actually it was great because there were no pre-home screen trailers/ads or annoying menu transitions. Literally insert disc, immediately see episode list, choose one and play episode. I loved it.

I haven't bought a dvd in years, do they still do that front-loaded ad poo poo just like on videotapes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU