Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

haveblue posted:

The legendary Flying Headless Goku.

Unfortunately this page is so old that all the images are broken. The best part was the instructions, which can still be found elsewhere:

Quoting this from the first page, because relevant.

Animejump's bootleg toy reviews were legend. I managed to get my hands on an original TITANIC-BOT, and it is still in the package to this day, hanging up on my wall underneath my original TRANSFOMABLE TOMAS. It is one of my favorite oddity possessions. The absurdity of it, the shockingly good quality of it as well as the packaging artwork, and especially the "WITH SAILING ACTION!!!" and ROBOT <-> TITANIC blurbs on it. It's just the most fantastic thing.

I don't know if it's possible to get one anymore. I remember looking to get more for friends via ebay and none showed up for over a year, so it might actually be just unfathomably rare now. Looking now, seems like there's been a few available, with a new in box one going for about 80 USD shipped.

edit: and yeah, it was posted upthread but it bears repeating, Thew's Knockoff Beatdowns are fantastic and have only gotten better since now people just send him all sorts of absurd trash to tear apart verbally, and then tear apart physically. With the amount people sent him in the last couple years his knockoff beatdowns have gotten rather lengthy but no less fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKv5E1cl3CU&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzn44jgOTYA&hd=1

He's such a lovable goofy goober. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuNPuJ9Q_4E&hd=1

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The knuckles stretch armstrong is a photoshop, sadly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

C-Euro posted:

I'm pretty sure I had a toy that looked just like that but without the hair/dreads, I think it was a bad guy Stretch Armstrong? Was really hoping someone made a bootleg just by sticking hair on one of those but alas.
Yeah, just the dreads are photoshopped on as mentioned.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the confederate jewelry was made all the better from scrolling down and having a random spongebob and patrick at the bottom of the packaging

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

we are the Funyuns posted:

Sorry this guy's vacuum packed corn from Thailand triggered your autism. Fitting avatar, BTW. HTH.

food court bailiff posted:

Why did you assume he was assuming? You're a stupid, stupid person.
you folks have some issues.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

we are the Funyuns posted:

The issue is the original post states that it came from Thailand. Why the hell would he not assume it's imported when its right on the package?
The issue is how bent out of shape you are getting over it. It's like he shot your dog. Your off-brand, knockoff, Evil Clever Dog.

They look to be knockoffs or at least extremely similar to Beast Wars Transformers.

DIAMOND ELEPHANT. HOEL LEO. THUNDER TIGER. KNIGHT LEOPARD. THUNDER CRAZY OX. EXCAVATION BEAR. EVIL CLEVER DOG.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't believe there isn't someone stocking up on stupid gimmicky knockoff garbage like Evil Clever Dog, Amusing Duck, Titanic Bot and such. Like, you could sell those online and make a fortune, I would pay 7 dollars for an Evil Clever Dog just for the novelty of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dollarama, apparently.

I feel like there's enough demand that maybe a "bootleg hunting thread" might be a good idea. Going to dollar stores and posting the sort of poo poo you find and seeing if people might be interested in it. Have a list of must-buys like Evil Clever Dog, Amusing Duck, etc :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I remember seeing a video or two of Ashens years ago and being somewhat amused, but everything since then has been painfully unfunny for the most part, just going through the motions.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

spit on my clit posted:

sounds familiar
Please keep your pathetic snipes to the weird fanart thread, thank you.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean if you're able to get them count me in too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope you bought it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Where can I get one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
supre

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
fuckin' lol, that's supposed to be Fire Fist Ace from One Piece.

A stunningly accurate representation. I wish I had the power of the hotdog-hotdog fruit, so I could grow hotdogs out of my arm.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those...those really are something, alright.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

that's rad, I want one, assuming it's not garbage quality. With Lepin's existence, it's no longer a guarantee than knockoff legos are poo poo trash for idiots, has anyone reviewed that thing?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aphrodite posted:

So how are these Lepin knockoffs? My brother has wanted that Death Star for ages but the price is crazy.

Word is they're like 90% on the mark, with the lego names filed off, the quality being nearly the same as the original legos, and sometimes some pieces are missing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am so glad that there are still poor translations in the vein of pre-housing the seamy-side volitation in this age of decent internet translators

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Top of this very page friend

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EorayMel posted:

It's a bootleg of a bootleg, which means that post is actually doing this thread proud.
YEAH WELL BUDDY

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

whiteyfats posted:

I like the AVGN videos where it's just him and his friend playing random old video games, with the occasional newer one. The Abobo's Big Adventure one was good.

Watch the one where matt from the super best friends brought over batman forever for the Sega Saturn. You think the snes version was hosed up, the Sega Saturn one is a total fever dream. I can't believe it's a real product.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83EtbW05Qg

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
bootlegs

bootleeeeeeegs

"WW2 China vs Japan playset"

"WW2 Villains Set"

bootleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegs

:lsd:

bootlego

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
"Terrorist Louis" is killing me. I'm dead

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that seems more like a gag gift rather than a bootleg tbh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Amusing duck is one of said multigenerational ones

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here's my Masterpiece C P-27!

he is part of the ROBOT FORMERS MASTERPIECE line, by TANAKA TONY!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They are essentially indistinguishable from the real thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I want that Lunk

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tiggum posted:

It's like if Skynet was programmed to love super heroes.

I want them for my "legitimately awesome stuff" not-collection-I-just-want-them.

They're bootleg legos with different names, is all

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Railing Kill posted:

Oh, yeah. I remember this. Lucille Ball by way of R. Crumb.

(Although my wife just read this post and said that a new statue was comissioned to replace it, and it looks awesome.)

yeah holy gently caress that's quite the improvement

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In a world where Yoshi was a manatee instead of a Munchakoopa.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please take hi res pictures when you get it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Surely you wear boots around your feetos not your legos?
:sbahj:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh god, is there video of the Uncanny Embryo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A lot of the knockoff Transformers don't even bother outside of changing things like TAKARA TOMY to TAKASA TONY. Everything else is exactly the same.

Sometimes bigger. With improved build quality. And modifications for better transformation. And better everything overall from the original, really. Oh, and also still cheaper than the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw4HRLX6nF0&hd=1&t=76s

Wei Jiang is my favorite knockoff company, they make tons of oversized Transformers that improve upon the base product. Kinda antithetical to the concept of a bootleg as we usually know them, but man, their stuff is great. I have about a dozen things from them and they're all fantastic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Peppa Pinkeye

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lifeglug posted:

Pleasantly surprised that the first reply to this was a MBMBAM reference. You cool baby.
And here I expected a Giant Bomb reference to the original Coolbaby from an almost-knockoff, a lovely Cooking Mama spinoff that came with a crappy baby doll you jammed a wiimote into to pretend to take care of the baby. It's one of the most famous Giant Bomb skits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEg6mfTfF4&hd=1

surviving his near-strangulation, he has since donned sunglasses and shown up in the background of their videos for years.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aesop Poprock posted:

If it's being sold at a store I'm pretty sure it counts, which it looks like it is
lol, did you get sniped by a bad avatar buyer AP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they didn't even try.