Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

The Game
Castle Crashers is a side scrolling beat-um up. Made by Tom Fulp of Newgrounds “fame”. This being a Newgrounds product, expect a lot of questionable humor and memes from years ago. While it can be played single player, it is more fun to bring 3 more bumbling fools friends along to not only be a bonding experience but also unlock a little more to the game.

The LP
This is a casual 4-player run of the game. I do not intend to 100% the game but we will probably backtrack for things we know we missed.

Meet the Knights

mateo360 the Leader
Will be trying to keep everyone going in the right direction. Most likely to die a lot.

dscruffy1 the Fighter
Will be throwing everything he's got at the enemy. You're not his dad, you can't tell him what to do. Most likely to be confused.

Miz Kriss the Girl
Will be excited by her Rainbow spell and the cute creatures she summons. Most likely to lose connection.

shibbotech the Medic Greedy Disillusioned Dick with a Flourish Fat Bastard Many Named
Will be trying to take everything and is not sorry for it. Most likely to swear and piss off Scruffy.

Episodes

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
reserved just in case

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Spikey posted:

It seems like Kriss's audio is a couple seconds ahead of everyone else.

her audio sync point was missing but the points I listened to seemed to match up well enough :shrug:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Alright, going back and re-editing everything. Moved Kriss's audio ahead by two second and lowered her. Don't know how long it will be before a new version will be up. Depends on if Movie maker decides to duplicate instead of moving my audio again.

edit: and if I have enough time before I have to go to work for 9 hours today.

edit 2: new version uploading now. Need to adjust the audio some more... so a new version probably won't be up till tonight.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 26, 2016

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mateo360 posted:

Alright, going back and re-editing everything. Moved Kriss's audio ahead by two second and lowered her. Don't know how long it will be before a new version will be up. Depends on if Movie maker decides to duplicate instead of moving my audio again.

edit: and if I have enough time before I have to go to work for 9 hours today.

edit 2: new version uploading now. Need to adjust the audio some more... so a new version probably won't be up till tonight.

ok guys. so... there is actually an echo in one of the audio tracks (most likely mine) where I can hear Miz Kriss introducing herself in the call. If I line it up with that... it's still desynced from what is going on on screen. as much as I have been trying to sync it up, it seems to be desynced at points and synced at others.

EDIT: Yeah, that's as close as it's going to get for the first session videos.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 27, 2016

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
New version is up.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Samovar posted:

Did anyone actually TRY the defend button?

Defend? What is this defend you speak of? I know of no such thing.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I forgot about my schedule and didn't remember to upload this til today. Oops.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

whose ready for seeing how buggy the PC multiplayer can be?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

shibbotech posted:

Oh good, the first bonus episode. Wonderful. I thought for sure you'd have cut this one out.

Oh well, lovely multiplayer partying ahead! :toot:

The next one starts right when we get back to this part of the level.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Aumanor posted:

Uhhh... Kriss's voice is mixed in too early. Like waaaayyyy too early. The flowery field hasn't even completely faded in and I already heard her shouting BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

As I mentioned earlier. I synced with the echo I had in my audio. Something else seems to have happened and her audio just drifts as we get closer to the end of the session. It should hopefully only happen in one more episode then we move on to different sessions where we try to reduce the length I record the footage and hopefully reduce the drift.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

and again before anyone says it. I know Kriss' audio is off. There isn't anything I can do about it and something happened and it just drifted from being in sync. This should hopefully not happen in future videos.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I've spent most of today editing the next two sessions audio. :shepicide:

so it seem Kriss might be on a delay from us as her audio is desynced if I line up all the sync points. and I've been fighting the audio all day because also Windows Movie Maker has decided that now with slightly longer videos the preview audio is going out of sync. It happened when I was editing the Elite Force episode for this week as well. beginning will be synced but later parts will be out of sync if I watch through WMM preview. when I render the video everything will line back up.

from our Skype conversation:
[11:55:01 AM] mateo360: Kriss, How is your audio desyncing when I have a sync point?
[11:57:54 AM] mateo360: you are somehow 5 seconds ahead again
[11:58:21 AM] Shibbo: Witchcraft
[12:01:39 PM] mateo360: just went back to session 2 and yep, Kriss is desynced again. :headdesk:
[12:01:43 PM] mateo360: OBS it is then
[12:19:46 PM] Kriss K: What. The. gently caress b
[12:23:48 PM] mateo360: you must hear us on a delay
[12:23:54 PM] Kriss K: Maybe
[12:24:08 PM] Kriss K: How am I ahead if I'm on a delay?
[12:26:41 PM] mateo360: because when I line up the syncs it would pull you back. If I say sync and then you say it 3 sec later then when I line it up, everything is suddenly 3 sec ahead of when you actually said it.
[12:36:33 PM] mateo360: and scruffy's is a little of in session 2 as well. Why does the audio hate me?
[12:36:39 PM] mateo360: *off
[12:45:57 PM] mateo360: I think scruffy's is... behind? he's saying some things a little late. I'm trying to cut out about 1/2 a second of audio
[12:48:06 PM] mateo360: he is saying rock a little after one appears in the dragon sock fight
[12:56:00 PM] mateo360: yeah, scruffy is some how behind unless WMM is loving up again.
[12:59:43 PM] mateo360: like I have the joke where we're talking of scruffy's dick not liking fire lined up at about 11 mins in but when he's opening the factory door with the sandwich he's asking about mashing x right after he just finished opening the door.
[1:00:08 PM] mateo360: ^That's a sentence I just said that will make no sense out of context
[1:01:14 PM] Shibbo: As long as my audio's fine
[1:03:13 PM] mateo360: also yep, gently caress Movie maker again for the later gently caress up.

EDIT: Also gently caress individual audio for future sessions, I'm doing it Live-er and just recording everything through OBS so I don't have to mess with lining up the audio.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 29, 2016

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

syzpid posted:

btw really enjoying this. Kriss being ahead in the audio has become cutely endearing at this point.

Yes, well, it's going to keep happening despite my best effort. In the last session I tried lining up a couple of the jokes but as soon as I lined up one, another would go out of sync.

For whenever we get to the next session, I am going to be using OBS and eliminating the problem all together. (Unless the call goes to poo poo)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
New video is live on YouTube. Can't post the usual update banner as right now I am sitting outside a convention center right now wait to go in and get my badge for Power Morphicon. I will probably have it up by tonight or Monday at the latest.

Edit: home now, here is the banner

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 16, 2016

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

gently caress audio mixing.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

so as a heads up, I have 3 videos left in my back up to post. Unfortunately, due to changing schedules and vacations and such, we have been unable to get together to finish up the game. The thread may go on hiatus after I run out of videos to post.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

sorry I missed posting last week. Exhaustion from work finally caught up with me.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Have a crazy shibbo

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

small hiatus until we can finish the game.

Also, I am planning on participating in Extra Life this year. I will eventually have a poll with a list of things to stream.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpNKTV0BbyI

Vote for what I will play on my Extra Life stream here:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11329265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Might be doing a live recording of the finale to Castle Crashers at my twitch if we can get everyone together.

https://www.twitch.tv/mateo361

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 6, 2016

• Locked thread