Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I met Akko at Matsuricon!

Beliveing in your heart is your magic?
Is that what the dub goes with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

don't hack my computer and steal my private works please

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Beliveing in your heart is your magic?
Is that what the dub goes with?

No. It's "Believing in yourself is your magic" in the dub.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's real bad

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Sorry but "A believing heart is your magic" is clunkily translated and Real Bad.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sorry but "A believing heart is your magic" is clunkily translated and Real Bad.

Eh, I like it better than "Believing in yourself"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

But less so than "Believing in yourself is your magic" which is a mouthful and flows like a backed up drain. It'd flow a little better with "your" at the end but then it loses the point.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Believe in you who believes in yourself

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even "Belief in yourself is your magic" is better than "Believing".

Hit me up Netflix

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Futaba Anzu posted:

Believe in you who believes in yourself

They did that one in the Mecha Episode.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

:sad:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

No, that's not clunky at all

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Hey, realtalk: the phrase itself, no matter how you translate it, will always be clunky. It's not really a natural thing to say in English no matter how you word it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
'There's nothing more magical than belief'? Emphasises that sinister foreshadowing, too.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/little-witch-academia-chamber-time-demo-launches-november-japan-first-diana-gameplay

a preview of the game because this is the worst possible discussion

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Hey, realtalk: the phrase itself, no matter how you translate it, will always be clunky. It's not really a natural thing to say in English no matter how you word it

No a believing heart is your magic is perfect

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Knowledge is power

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Knowing is half the battle!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Veritas vos liberabit.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Liberate tutemet ex inferis :unsmigghh:

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Chev posted:

Knowing is half the battle!

G.I. Akko!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ursula saving Akko from magic-draining spores: PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Give her the rod! Don't give her the rod!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hello yes I just finished watching this and it is Extremely Good. Akko is Good. The fairies unionizing was Good.

Only real complaint is that I was looking forward to the development of Akko and Diana's relationship and it felt a little flat, as instead of building on the hostility of the OVAs they just made Diana less antagonistic from the start. I like characters that really change and grow over the course of a story, and it kinda sucks that Diana, instead of starting as genuinely wrongheaded person who makes mistakes and learns to not be a huge poo poo over the course of the series, is basically 95% of the way to her end state by the end of the second episode.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Hello yes I just finished watching this and it is Extremely Good. Akko is Good. The fairies unionizing was Good.

Only real complaint is that I was looking forward to the development of Akko and Diana's relationship and it felt a little flat, as instead of building on the hostility of the OVAs they just made Diana less antagonistic from the start. I like characters that really change and grow over the course of a story, and it kinda sucks that Diana, instead of starting as genuinely wrongheaded person who makes mistakes and learns to not be a huge poo poo over the course of the series, is basically 95% of the way to her end state by the end of the second episode.

i think the canon reset made diana a better character

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

Just finished this, great show! Binged it in two days and I'm currently in that all too familiar depressive state after the end of a good show, not knowing what to do with my life.

Just took a look at the English dub and I think they really dropped the ball by making everyone generically American. Diana and Andrew are supposed to be English and posh as hell!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Crossposting from the Surreal Daily Life Manga thread:

Knorth posted:

Are people here reading Witch Hat Atelier? 'Cause you should be

It's about little witches too! And the main character is a girl who loves magic!!

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

Trailer for the PS4 game, showcasing anime-style cutscenes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYzDwIFo1ec

Looking pretty neat so far, just wish I could understand it...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I put this on for my kids and they watched five episodes in a row while I got to take a nap. Then they ran around pretending to cast spells on each other. So in conclusion I guess this is a great show for six year old girls!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It is indeed great and they should keep watching!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

normal contact posted:

Trailer for the PS4 game, showcasing anime-style cutscenes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYzDwIFo1ec

Looking pretty neat so far, just wish I could understand it...

Can play as mouse Akko, GOTY confirmed.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I put this on for my kids and they watched five episodes in a row while I got to take a nap. Then they ran around pretending to cast spells on each other. So in conclusion I guess this is a great show for six year old girls!

Awww :kimchi: I knew that this was a great kids' show! I hope they learn all the magic spell incantations too so they can annoy you by repeating them over and over.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/CJS_ART/status/923999083592929280

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I hadn't given it much thought but this seems like a fuckin' fantastic all-ages anime. Hope the little'n's keep enjoying!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Like I could easily see the show airing on a children's channel over here.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, I hadn't given it much thought but this seems like a fuckin' fantastic all-ages anime. Hope the little'n's keep enjoying!

I mean it's kind of unapologetic in being a kids show. That's why it's great!

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Just finished this the other day and I absolutely loved it. The biggest complaint I can think of right now is that too many characters got sidelined in the latter half of the series. Sucy and Lotte in particular should have had a bigger part in the finale.

Honestly, my biggest worry going in was that this would end up like Kill La Kill, where it seemed like they ran out of time/money near the end, and as a result felt rushed and inconsistent. But nope, the show is really well produced from beginning to end, and I couldn't be happier in that regard.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Update: the kids prefer subbed over dubbed.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Good kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

• Locked thread