Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Definitely looking forwards to the rest of the series. Lots of honest laughs and a lot of cute moments. Pretty much everything I was expecting it to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nick Biped posted:

Agreed. When she was putting down Shiny Chariot, for example, it seemed more like she was just being matter-of-fact about it, like "She's not respected here anymore" rather than "Haw haw, your heroine sucks!" I'm preferring the change so far. Akko is slightly less overbearing than in the 2nd OVA too.

Lotte and Sucy are basically the same, which is good. Why mess with perfection?

Yeah, they're all changes for the better. Diana is confident and self-assured but she isn't smug about it. Akko's still energetic and brave (and clumsy), but she's less bullheadedly stubborn than in the first two OVAs.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

Ahh, I just watched it. Somehow I feel like I rediscover the magic of animation every time I watch this show. It purifies my heart!

That's what I like the most about the series. It really is just the pure joy of animation. I was laughing all the way through the last third because of how well-drawn and executed the physical comedy was. It's staggeringly rare to find a show these days that makes me feel plain good watching it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Diana being the reluctant rival is such a great change in characterization.

• Locked thread