Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This is really good but it really does seem to be aimed for a younger crowd so far than usual.

Which is fine, but whoever said it seems to be for little kids doesn't seem to be all that wrong IMO

If they manage to avoid any stupid fanservice or get too anime and gets a non-obnoxious dub I'll buy it for my niece, or recommend it if it comes to US Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Dire Lemming posted:

This week on Little Witch Academia Sucy ODs but Akko and Lotte won't call an ambulance because they're scared of going to jail.
lol

My brother keeps looking for stuff for his daughter to watch that isn't the same 3 disney movies on loop and if this stays not...as anime as most anime I'd recommend it but she's probably too young to get most of this stuff. Hopefully it gets dubbed- maybe in a year or two.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 27, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Shojou Akko looked creepy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

El Burbo posted:

At least there was the one scene that shows Sucy really treasures meeting Akko
I caught up with the last few episodes, watching backwards and this particular scene kinda made the episode IMO. Akko goes from annoyed at how goofy she's represented in Sucy's memories, to laughing at it too (which speaks well to her character), then their first meeting appears and it turns out it has become of Sucy's most precious memories.

It's sickeningly sweet- particularly if you realize that the interpretation of Sucy's goofy memories of Akko is that Sucy thinks she's a hoot.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I liked that the part with Akko telling Andrew to stop being a knob and follow his dreams instead of being Dad 2.0 was good because it shows that Akko isn't always a ditz who gets in over her head.
To be fair considering Andrew can play the piano very well, he's at least privately on the "gently caress you dad" track.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The seeming insistence of Trigger on loving with the shippers is probably one of the better things about the show.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Negrostrike posted:

I wonder if there's gonna be a Glenn Danzig look-a-like in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNmJPntdpNc

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't think they'll probably take the leap to have Akko hook up with any of the girls in this kid targeted show where the characters are tween girls. Just a guess.

Japan will probably get there someday where gay stuff isn't for teasing shippers and fujos or used as a punchline. Maybe in 5-10 years or so.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Chariot never got all the words so she doesn't know that the person who gains all 7 words and releases the seal dies in the process.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You know this will probably be reversed (also this is probably why Akko "leaves Luna Nova" like Diana predicted way back) but man that's loving cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, there's a lot of "[Thing], huh?" and like I said, there was a "It can't be helped."

But those are honestly minor issues. More pet peeves than anything.
"It can't be helped" doesn't bug me unless it's used repeatedly. There's a ton of different ways to translate it and they all mean the same thing- it's one of the only over-literal translation things that doesn't bother me much.

I hate poo poo like "I'M GOING TO HAVE TO USE THAT" or "...THAT PERSON!" and most of the other trailing exclamations and the like that are pretty idiomatic to Japanese speakers but sound really weird to anyone else.

• Locked thread