Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know why they're still doing that. It works for their originals and previously aired shows, but anime watchers don't want to binge anime, they want it when it comes out in Japan. It's especially puzzling because they're doing it weekly in Japan, which means they have the capability to do it. All it's doing is costing them money when people resort to piracy.

I don't know all the particulars of the situation, but it could be a "we don't want to rush a translation"-type situation. And given the quality of most simulcasts, I don't really blame them. I'm also not sure how much money it does actually cost them, it may be that there's not many people who don't have a netflix account but would get one if only they simulcasted show X.

Or maybe yeah they just have a flawed understanding of the anime market :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

You didn't have to pay for speedsubs

Official DVD releases didn't use the speedsubs either.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Finally, my having never read or watched any Harry Potter pays off.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

ONE OF THE TEACHERS IS A drat FISH WITH A WITCH HAT

I thought you meant like a fish-person, a person with a fish head or something, but nope. Just a fish in a bowl :allears:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

ActionZero posted:

Excuse me LWA is way more like The Worst Witch than it is Harry Potter.

Joke's on you, I haven't seen/read that either!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

That's cool but it makes me wonder why they romanized her name into Manbavaran instead of Mambabarang (they're the same in katakana).

• Locked thread