Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gamerofthegame posted:

So the meta plot to this show is that akko, young idealistic whatsit, has to find the seven words to save anime which miss trigger failed to accomplish

Baka, oppai, sugoi, senpai, oishii, keikaku, pantsu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kibibit posted:

And the field guide to mushrooms is actually hollowed out as well, and it's just stuffed with mushrooms.

And the mushrooms are stuffed with a delicious mix of parmesan, bread crumbs and spices.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

She looks about half a foot taller than in the show

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TFRazorsaw posted:

Trigger you sons of bitches

What's the bottom show, and should I watch it?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Losing your magic to the tree's pollen is a progressive thing so Chariot will still have her magic for a bit and then Akko will use the Grand Triskelion to give magic back to both Chariot and Croix, the endo.

She will probably give magic to everyone.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder if the moon has something to do with the Grand Triskelion. Perhaps she was trying to destroy the seal on it by force AKA blow up the moon? Croix's device is also aimed toward the sky, so she might have the same goal in mind.

It seems as though Chariot used dream magic as a last ditch effort to complete the ritual when she failed to find the 7th word, and eventually gave up her efforts after the magic wasn't strong enough. She lost the rod after the attempt failed, and then became a teacher in hiding until she came across Acco.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Blaze Dragon posted:

Her extreme lack of talent - to the point of not being able to do something as incredibly basic as riding a broom - is because of Chariot draining her dreams, at least as far as Ursula herself thinks. It's possible that a single show simply couldn't drain all of someone's magic, hence why Akko still can do things, she's just very unskilled at it.

I think it's likely that Chariot never meant to hurt anyone with that risky of a gamble. We've seen how old magicians work, they arent willing to show off in public. It's very possible that Chariot thought that her show would only attract people that would never go to Luna Nova, after all, no self-respecting mage family would allow their children to watch such a terrible spectacle that goes against every rule of the magic world. And she was almost right!...except that one of the biggest magic families happened to allow it, or was unable to stop it; and a random child with no connection whatsoever to the magic world ended up loving it thanks to Chariot's own actions and had enough spunk to actually get into it.

No one was meant to get hurt (or rather, get hurt in ways that they'd actually realize) but that did not go as planned due to Akko and Diana. The former was a massive heart-break for her, realizing just how she hurt a poor, innocent girl's future. The latter could very well become a new hope, showing how the effects are not permanent with enough hard work and determination, after all, Diana is still a top-class mage despite having her magic and dreams drained.

One wonders how skilled Diana would be if she weren't​ drained at all. Then again, she might never have gained the incentive to work to her full potential otherwise.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I have a hunch that the final word might be Forgiveness. Chariot was unable to forgive herself for taking the dreams of young witches, and there'll be some sort of redemption arc for her.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tenebrais posted:

Present Croix has the best character design in all of anime, it's fantastic.

Why?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Torquemadras posted:

I'm actually kinda disappointed in the flashback of last episode. The twist of the one before - that Chariot turned dreams into magic, robbing people of their magic abilities - was a really dang good one; it turned the entire premise on its head, it's something Ursula could genuinely feel terrible for especially with Akko around, it makes her relationship with Croix more interesting, it sets up how both went about obtaining the final word in a wrong and therefore doomed attempt, and it makes things actually surprisingly ambiguous.

Aaaaand now it's revealed that Chariot was tricked, Croix came up with the whole thing, and it only happened once anyway. Would've seemed much more interesting to me if Chariot had actually come up and perpetuated the scheme herself, before stopping after eventually realizing what it really did. Not sure. I think this is one instance where the more cynical variant is actually better storytelling.

I sure hope the show takes the time to point out Croix' massive hypocrisy. "How can you blame me", indeed.

Eh, Chariot really should've looked into the experimental magic she designed to test on an unknowing audience. It's partially her fault in that sense.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

livingfruitvirus posted:

No. The movies are their own continuity.

It does seem that they repurposed the float idea for the giant robot battle.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Where did Chariot learn to fight?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

kidcoelacanth posted:

It turns out that this is really just a show about beating the poo poo out of the moon mostly

Someone really hated Majora's Mask apparently.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

Though she does seem to forget that sometimes. See also, machinegun to the face. And then she panics when she does land a serious hit. Basically, she seems to behave in such a contradictory manner that there's pretty clearly some sort of internal war going on here - I'd hesitate to ascribe a single, coherent motive to her actions.

Maybe she's deeply in the closet?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Torquemadras posted:

That was kinda funny, actually.

"Without your flying magic, you have no hope of catching up to me!"
--- jumps 20 meters high ---
:stare:

Why can she do all of those superhuman things? It's not explained at all.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was awesome! I'm so glad Akko finally got her wish. I wonder what sort of person she'll become now that she's reached her defining goals.

Also, was that a fart joke from Jazminka?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grouchio posted:

I don't really think we need one. It wrapped up nicely.

I recall seeing an article with the staff mentioning that they wanted to have a really, really expansive story that would require multiple seasons.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

then why aren't they wearing those goofy british police helmets?

Their hats are already sufficiently goofy.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Waffleman_ posted:

Trigger's new project is an adaptation of the tokusatsu series Gridman by Amemiya. Here's a Gridman short he did a few years ago to get you excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeDG5ubP0OI

This doesn't really excite me at all. It looks too classic.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Malloc Voidstar posted:

according to the trigger panel if jasminka stops eating the demon inside her will end the world as revenge for the holodomor

I can sort of see why that wasn't in the show because holy poo poo.

"I eat to sate the demons inside me.

Literal demons.

If I stop eating they'll kill us all. My hunger is eternal. Please help."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Do you think they already have their English dub actors picked?

Bolts of electricity can't be great for the intonation on that guitar...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ibblebibble posted:

So I've been watching the dub version on Netflix, did anyone else think that the episodes 1-13 themes were much better than 14-26?

I suppose that depends on whether you prefer whimsical episodic shorts or a longer story.

• Locked thread