Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I just saw the second episode. I know it's early yet, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this series is going to be an all-time classic. I love everything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Though I wonder what happened to the broom?

It wasn't a broom. It was some kind of magical critter that was fettered into service. Notice how it sprouts wings and takes off when the metal bits are broken off.

The Colonel posted:

i wish every full-length trigger show was this good

Seriously, can you imagine if, before their first show, someone sat down with them and said "Hey guys, maybe could you not make your debut series revolve around 15 year olds stripping each other naked? And also, could you cut back a little on the parent-child molestation? See, right now your script has it at 'some', but you really, really need to get it back to 'none' in order to not be incredibly creepy."

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Hargrimm posted:

Kids are really getting into advanced teasing techniques so early these days.

Have any of them even seen a chicken?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

I reckon the shiny rod is a source of its own, though I don't have any evidence of that. It doesn't seem common.

That's a plot point in the 2nd OVA. Akko figures out they can use the Shiny Rod as a focus so they'll have power for their magical parade float.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So Akko's been going to magical philosophy class this whole term, just watching everyone stare at the fishbowl and take notes, not even thinking to ask anyone what's going on.

It's a good thing she's taking her academic wake up call seriously.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

The saddest thing this episode though is that is legit jossed the fan theory someone posted I really liked about Akko possibly just being really rich and her parents paid for her way in to Luna Nova.

It could still be true that Akko doesn't really understand what "affluence" is compared to an Earl and thinks she's just middle class or whatever but I liked the idea that she was offhandedly loaded.

No way, Akko's character screams plucky working-class underdog. It's way more likely that Luna Nova began to act on their waning enrollment far too late, and by the time they opened their doors to those outside the tradition, the rest of the world had lost interest in magic except for one particular die-hard Shiny Chariot fanatic.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Netflix posted:

This show is: Exciting, Feel-good

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

It took me a few minutes to figure out that it says "BOOK".

• Locked thread