Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

My extremely qualified opinion is that the first episode was Good As Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

While I like the episode, I hope the series doesn't turn into her resolving every problem with the Shiny Rod suddenly coming to life at the end of every episode.

I think it probably would have worked normally throughout this episode had Akko been actually casting spells with it instead of just yelling commands.

Also, those little scenes in the ending song :allears:

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 16, 2017

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Jokes on you, I watch American kids' cartoons, too :smug:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kind of weird that Sucy wasn't in this episode at all

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kShV0BbjP4A

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Goddamn, y'all, the song for OP2 is ludicrously good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I am endlessly tickled by the fact that a side character based on loving Chumlee has gotten so much screen time in this show.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

skasion posted:

Did...did Croix just fire a nuke at the moon?

It turns out that this is really just a show about beating the poo poo out of the moon mostly

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

What a big, stupid, anime-rear end finale. I love it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The animation during the missile fight was some next-level poo poo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm just sitting wanting a season 2, don't mind me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I don't really think we need one. It wrapped up nicely.

It did, but not in a way that would shut out more character growth and potential for antics. I think they could do more if they want to.

• Locked thread