Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hello I just watched this series on Netflix because it showed up in my recommended list (which is weird because I don't watch anime on my Netflix so I guess they're stalking me) and it rules. Does anybody have any info on when the next round of episodes are coming out? I mean I'd rather avoid watching subs on some seedy-rear end website but if push comes to shove, I'm not gonna wait til 2018 for a fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

Good news, the internet doesn't require you to go to seedy websites for subs anymore

I learned something today.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just finished marathonning the back half of the show and it was very good. I think it suffers from some pacing issues where the first half is wacky episodic adventures and the back half is suddenly plot plot plot. Like, maybe have Akko start searching for the words as a side project in the first half instead of having her get obsessed with them in the back half and make them the focus of a bunch of episodes when other characters are trying to have stories (I'm thinking specifically of the Amanda episode where none of the other characters in the episode really care about the words but Akko won't shut up about finding the word). Also it's kind of a shame that the first half of the show is all about Akko developing a strong friendship with her roomies and then Lotte and Sucy really get shoved into the back of the show in the second half so Akko can go word-searching and develop Diana/Constanze/every other character.

Also despite the finale having one of my favorite uses of the "use the OP as the background music for a climactic moment" trope in any recent show I've seen, I'm bummed by how little every other character factored into the finale. Like, they all did their little thing in the multi-stage rocket broom, but they're all witches with neat unique tricks (or fighting styles I guess you could call it? well okay maybe not Jasminka since she doesn't do much as a gag character) and it would've been neat to have them also fight the magic missile (or Croix's giant robot monster) instead of just helping Akko/Diana go fast and save the day. Also also, when the Shiny Rod started disappearing all I could think was "Well that sucks for Akko, learning all those words/spells and now being unable to use them anymore!"

Still though, a very sweet show and I wish there were more like it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I love that this show has an episode where a yeti is sad because he got trolled online.

Don't forget that the villain's giant robot is powered by the rage people feel when she posts inflammatory YouTube vids.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 16, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The first couple episodes also suffer from the same thing that Dragonball Super suffered from, where I'm watching something I'd already seen done before better (namely Akko finding the Shiny Rod and meeting Amanda/Jasminka/Constanze Amalie von Braunschbank Albrechtsberger in the original Little Witch Academia and The Enchanted Parade). I get why they established a new continuity though, since it would be a hassle to fit in the OAV events in with the TV story they wanted to tell.

I feel the opposite, I think it's good/important that Akko is sort of found worthy of and/or chosen by the Shiny Rod rather than being some superpowerful Macguffin-thing she just randomly stumbles on to in a dungeon, like anyone could. Agreed all the way about pacing issues though. Sucks that Sucy (and Lotte I guess) got turned into almost a background character in the back half.

e: VVV Fair enough.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 26, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

don't hack my computer and steal my private works please

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ursula saving Akko from magic-draining spores: PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

normal contact posted:

Trailer for the PS4 game, showcasing anime-style cutscenes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYzDwIFo1ec

Looking pretty neat so far, just wish I could understand it...

Can play as mouse Akko, GOTY confirmed.

• Locked thread