Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Malloc Voidstar posted:

he answered some other questions too (e.g. whether LWA gets figures is up to GSC, he bought every KLK doujin he could find after it aired, he does not masturbate at work) and then the mods got confused and banned him
oh yeah and the moonrunes can be translated, they're not gibberish

I assume it's just a kana replacement cypher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Which fafnir is better? Maid Dragon's or LWA's?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I hope we get more from mechawitch.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

I foresee Akko gaining a little bit of competence just in time for Luna Nova to shut down halfway through the season. Diana said Akko would be leaving the school, and everyone assumes that meant she would be expelled.

I think what Diana predicted already happened this episode. She left the school to go to the lake.

Unless the original Japanese meaning of the word they used for "left" doesn't have the connotation of leaving for a short period of time. If anyone can clarify that.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

It's not Dexter's Lab unless someone says la-bore-itory.:colbert:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Someone I know is saying that LWA takes zero inspiration from Harry Potter.

As I have next to no functional knowledge of Harry Potter, allow me to ask the thread:

On a scale of 1-10, how inspired do you think LWA was by Harry Potter.

I'd like to know so I can try to ascertain if this person is the only person on earth who thinks this or if there are others who somehow think LWA isn't HP as all hell. (because it quite obviously is)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpMhz8nPPTI

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Akko has shown zero aptitude for magic except for speaking fish.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Fangz posted:

Being chosen by the Shiny staff is pretty significant. Like Ursula puts it, she mainly falls down because she's being compared to the other students who have been doing this for years and years, but knowing she literally knew no magic a few months ago, being able to throw out repair magic, transformation magic, trigger the cinderella artifact without a hitch, (accidentally) raise the dead... those are significant things.

Being the chosen one is much more like being Harry than anything else. Harry, in fact was not really terribly good at much magic except for flying a broom. His grades were always below average in most classes and was thrown into the wizarding world at a much later age than all of his classmates. He was only comparable to the rest of the wizards and witches because he had his unusually powerful artifacts like the sword, phoenix wand (comparable to the staff Akko gets) , and a couple of teachers who would surreptitiously bail him out from time to time (Snape/Dumbledore/Ursula).

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Can confirm. Show is good, pure, wholesome. :thumbsup:

Akko, on the other hand is a bad person.

She's gonna have those two girls' lives on her conscious when they die of exposure.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

These don't seem to be conventional spells. I don't think they're ever even called spells except by Akko who doesn't know what they really mean. It looks like they run more on determination than focus and practice.

Getting swallowed by the ghost monster fills you with DETERMINATION

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Also: Hanna and Barbara are truly a pair of little bullying shits!! When are they going to get their comeuppance? I mean, sort of they did with the trick from last episode, but really they deserve something to put them in their place.

They'll grow up to found an animation company.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Only took 12 episodes but the show's actually doing something with the plot.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Guys, I'm starting to think this teacher might not be entirely good.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

So, having akko do a bunch of shape shing in one episode made me realize that she's basically using a bunch of classic Disney characters. Mickey Mouse, Dumbo, etc.

You also have the evil stepsisters from Cinderella here too preventing Diana from claiming her rightful place.

Lots of Disney homages.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

She did it, the absolute madman.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

So, uh, is the implication that the UK is about to declare war on France over football?

Then again, give it some time for Brexit to take off, crash and burn...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

YouTuber posted:

Diana's mother probably passed her magic on to DIana and in turn ended her own life.

Chariot is a murderer.

• Locked thread