Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There was a few frames of Inferno Cop in there when Akko flew through someone's living room and you can't sneak it past me, LWA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Constanze was easily my favorite part of the second OVA and think she should get way more screentime

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
That episode was fuckin' bonkers and I loved every second of it

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Futaba Anzu posted:

what does atsuko kagari anagram into

Oak Ska Guitar

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The animation in this episode was super uneven, with lots of still or reused shots of faces.

On the other hand, the animation in the action scenes and that one of the Grand Triskelion were incredible.

Excellent episode regardless!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Heretics. Constanze is the most magical gun-witch. (LWA needs a Constanze-focus episode, like, now.)

Next episode is Constanze-focused.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Being able to grunt and make sounds but otherwise not speak (But still understand speech and language no problem,) is possible; certain forms of aphasia and autism can cause this.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I think this is the first two-parter in the show? It was a pretty neat episode, regardless! Diana's good and episodes that focus on her are good.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I don't know, Diana honestly has never been a jerk at any point in the TV series. In the OVAs yeah for sure, but in the TV series she's only been kinda rude to Akko after she annoyed her/was rude to her first. She also gives plenty of credit when it's due and is mainly just standoffish about things.

The one time I can think where she was genuinely being a fucker was when she tried to tell the school servants "hey y'all quit trying to get better living conditions", which she was thoroughly shut down for and she didn't actually fight back about. (Which, if my reading of this episode is right, is because she felt shame that she just acted like a stereotypical upper-class English twit for a hot second there instead of what she tries to be.)

(Also let's be real, everyone knows someone like Akko and in person they can be real annoying a lot of the time, I don't blame anyone for taking a while to warm up)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I really like the writing that went into Andrew over the course of the show, and also that it really does seem like the end result of him and Akko's relationship just seems to be Some Good Buds, one of whom was inspired to become a better person by the other. Him being the only important male character would likely have seemed tempting to make him into a love interest or something, but it really seems like they're not going in that direction and I commend the writing for it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Man, in a complete far cry from the OVA/movies, turns out TV series Diana is just an absolute sweetheart, huh

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I always heard that it was 25 episodes, but advertising and people started treating episode 24 as if it was the finale. I imagine that there's still an episode left, though, yes.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Visually that was absolutely goddamn spectacular, it was incredible, I loved it

Writing-wise the series took some stumbles after episode 22. I really liked the twist with Chariot, but pulling back on it immediately was a bit unfortunate, and the ending was very much generic anime hype ending #3 (Though to be honest, it works plenty well for this series.) That said, at no point would I say it got bad, and all the character writing across the board has been great, and overall I thought LWA fuckin' owned bones

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It wasn't even just the animation itself, the action choreography was loving incredible. LWA episode 25 is also a storyboard masterpiece

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Normal-rear end friendships between boys & girls is still relatively rare in basically all media and I'm glad that Andrew and Akko are Just Good Buds.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Plus this is a series with a really large cast of characters; a season 2 of LWA doesn't even necessarily have to have Akko as the protagonist. Plus we never got a Jasminka episode, which sucks.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Aw dip they made a dub??? Dang I'm gonna peep that dub

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Sucy's angle is less her weird low-key gross/weird voice acting and more her being eternally tired and low-energy. It still works pretty well.
I like the dub as a whole but there's weird ADR quality inconsistencies going on it. For some reason it sounds like Hannah's dialogue was recorded on a different microphone and sounds different from everyone else's.

Edit: also I'm disappointed that they didn't bother with accents like at all

mdct fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 1, 2017

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

chiasaur11 posted:

Diana kissing a boy.

Absolutely not.

Edit: The dub's growing on me a lot. It gets a lot better after about the first 6 episodes as they got more used to the roles etc, especially Diana.

mdct fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 4, 2017

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
No news as of this time, but I can't imagine it'll be too too long. I mean the series is already done, all Netflix has to do is dub and subtitle it. I imagine it shouldn't be more than a few months.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The second half is supposed to drop on Netflix in August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Hey, realtalk: the phrase itself, no matter how you translate it, will always be clunky. It's not really a natural thing to say in English no matter how you word it

• Locked thread