Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I tried watching the second movie and I hate everyone. Should I just skip it or is it important to the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

You should just skip the whole show haha

Well I liked the first movie a lot so that's not the issue.

Davincie posted:

the show is a reboot

Oh cool. I don't have to bother finishing that then.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe, but the first episode was great. I think we just need more time to get used to the characters (the different version of them at least), which is what having a TV format allows. Akko is still kinda annoying but since she wasn't just screaming about poo poo the whole time ( like the 20 minutes I watched of the second ova) it was more than bearable.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I like the idea of Akko being Neville Longbottom X Harry Potter.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I think I get why this show isn't clicking for me: the script was written for literal children. I mean, yeah that might not be a revelation to some people, but for me its making all the difference to have figured that out. It spends its sweet time overstating every single sentiment a character has about a situation by having characters literally overstate it (sometimes having multiple characters restate the same sentiment unecessarily), even though it's usually a single straightforward and simple to understand perspective. The show hammers you over the head with the simplest of concepts about the characters and their relationships, just in case someone out there was not mentally capable of understanding those basic ideas the first time around. They could certainly develop and improve the characters in interesting ways over time, sure, but the moment to moment interactions are just so childish.

As much as I absolutely love the fantastic animation and visuals in this show, I don't know that I can stand that. I see how the third episode is before I leave because when the action got going it was a blast to watch, but I found it hard to watch nearly everything else.

*cue thread erruption*

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
There's any number of animes about kids out there and plenty of them have scripts that don't sound like they were written for 10 year olds. Being a show about kids is totally different than being aimed at kids, and if LWA wasn't aimed at kids then idk why the script writing is the way it is. I personally find the dialogue rather frustrating to listen to.

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh, 'this isn't my thing because it isn't geared at my demographic' is a perfectly reasonable opinion to have. He doesn't seem to be blaming it for being aimed at kids, just saying that he, personally, isn't all that into kids' shows.

Exactly, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

it's fine to stop watching a show because you don't like the scriptwriting but if you're making a big, critical post about it and immediately following it up with "heh, now for the thread to errupt and jump on me" you're kind of asking for it

I'm just sharing my impression and that's it. But you guys pretty much always get up in arms when I say anything controversial, even if I think its reasonable, so I just acknowledge it before it happens. Plus it's kinda fun seeing the shitpost parade that follows.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread