Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well, in the meantime group has put some subs out.

http://asenshi.moe/little-witch-academia-01/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also yeah, this first episode was kinda reminiscent of the opening to Chamber of Secrets in "Oh no, we're gonna be late to the opening ceremony oh no we fell into the woods oh no we're being attacked"

Oh no this creature that petrifies people is after me but luckily the gryffindor sword appears to save me

I don't really remember much about Harry Potter though

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like how the traditional gold-hoarding dragons have adapted to modern times. Now they watch the stock market all day.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

lewd

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Andrew's dad seems like the villainous sort (what was that talk about placing your enemies in your debt?), but Akko's overflowing optimism probably convinced Andrew himself not to be a total stick in the mud

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Yo I decided I'd wait until it got to Netflix to watch, but the show's still going alright I assume? Figured I ought to check in and see if Imaishi broke into the storyboarding room and added a subplot where they find a set of talking lingerie or something.

He didn't yet, but he is working on episode 8. Looking forward to that one

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Some interview recently talked about next episode, Imaishi's episode, and I believe it said something like "it's as if three episodes were crammed together". As expected

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It means at least half of what the crow was saying really did have to do with how it wanted food

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gyaru Sucy was wearing SPL Midori's uniform. That's just one reference among like a dozen that were in this episode but that's the one I'll point out.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Knowing it was an Imaishi episode really just made made expect nothing more than breathless gags, so I was satisfied that it delivered on that very well on that front.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

At least there was the one scene that shows Sucy really treasures meeting Akko

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Magic traditionalists like the faculty of Luna nova shunning flashy public magic demonstrations like Chariot's probably doesn't help.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

All the best episodes have best boy in them

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aha, I knew that one girl looked not-generic enough

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dang commie witches

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hargrimm posted:

Truly, the natural-sounding and not at all machine-translated rallying cry of a generation

NO ERA PENAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well then you are lost!

• Locked thread