Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ursula is a very very good girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So you're saying that LWA is a prequel to LWA Fantasy 7 where Akko is Sephiroth?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if i made a video game, i'd make all of the bosses Bed of Chaos variants.

And then I'd make a cooler version of Artorias for the final boss but as soon you hit it once, a really big bed of chaos kills it and you have to fight it instead.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That shot of Ursula with her Chariot coloured hair was good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i have a confession

i think little witch academia

is good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A11

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The soos and ursoola were very HQ today. I enjoyed this episode of this good show.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Akkowns

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

tbh

i want

to marry ursula-sensei

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Soos might be

Soos is anything she wants to be

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I believe I read fairly recently that the cat who played him when he was doing actual cat things was still alive. :3:

e:

https://twitter.com/MelissaJoanHart/status/510537790497771520

This was 2014 and he was 20 then, but that's still an amazing innings for a kitty

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So it turns out that Lotte being a good girl is because of her good boy and good girl parents.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This episode was a let down compared to the last one and it's a shame because Amanda is cool but the setting and premise was just not that good in comparison and Amanda deserves better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ursula should be in your top 3. Repent if not, you sinner.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Akko the witcher...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Meat Beat Agent posted:

This was a very good episode.

Also I just remembered this cool little animation that Takafumi Hori posted back in 2016 after the series was announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7zg6MO7Dbs

I like how it's described as a doodle as though his doodles aren't better than 99% of the things most people will ever draw putting all of their effort into it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was losing sleep over this firmly long established fact, I'm glad the nightmare is over.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 13, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd be surprised if that's how that works. It's 25 episodes being subbed with all that entails, when you do it doesn't change the end workload.

It might just be their (wrong) opinion that it'll do better if you can binge it instead of weekly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The premise of this episode is a bit of an hard sell when Diana's been a prick for the most part of the series. Even at her best, she's mostly been "less of a prick than the two bully girls but still a prick".

Not that she really is a prick and they do good job in the episode, it's a brave story to go with though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 16, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This was a very gay episode.
Thanks Trigger.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't think any ship will be canon in the end and Trigger will allow everyone room to keep on supporting whatever they want.

Ursula x Me is canon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting a bit dumb with the inability to just say "yo i'm chariot, croix is a loving DICK"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

p sure you'd still get a Euro-GB plate until we've formally left

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 29, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh no, the little details from another show aren't a 100% match!! Oh god what're we gonna do?!

we're going to pretend trigger never existed and assume this thread is about naruto

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Losing your magic to the tree's pollen is a progressive thing so Chariot will still have her magic for a bit and then Akko will use the Grand Triskelion to give magic back to both Chariot and Croix, the endo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're probably better than the show, really. Not to knock on the show though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

URSULA DID NOTHING WRONG

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/little-witch-academia-ps4-game-action-focused-original-story

video game news

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Told you she did nothing wrong.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ragged Croix is cute

Present day Croix is not
therefore Ragged Croix is best Croix

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Present Croix has the best character design in all of anime, it's fantastic.

She shares a series with the soos, she's not even the best design of her series.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sincx posted:

Good show. Here's hoping Netflix throws enough money at them for a season 2, but I'm not counting on it.

Did anyone else notice Trigger giving 4chan a little cameo?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Would 2chan be more likely?

It's 4chan, someone from Trigger posts in the LWA threads there. Or historically has done during the show's run at least.

In fact, I think it's just a doctored screenshot. It has the Janitor app message on top word for word and same formatting.

Good series, not enough Soos.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 26, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A doctored screenshot of 4chan as done by Trigger for use in the episode, not that it's fake and wasn't in the episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

At least when Trigger does it, it's more interesting than J.K. Rowling.

Rowling's pretty interesting.
Not for reasons she wants to be, but she is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I don't understand how Netflix only wants to release anime when it's done airing but also can't be bothered to release an entire season at once

There's probably some weird metric they've scrounged up that tells them that this is the optimal way of doing it (despite it being clearly not the case) that executives insist has to be abided by.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I met Akko at Matsuricon!

Beliveing in your heart is your magic?
Is that what the dub goes with?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's real bad

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sorry but "A believing heart is your magic" is clunkily translated and Real Bad.

But less so than "Believing in yourself is your magic" which is a mouthful and flows like a backed up drain. It'd flow a little better with "your" at the end but then it loses the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even "Belief in yourself is your magic" is better than "Believing".

Hit me up Netflix

• Locked thread