Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

a kitten posted:

I will be pretty happy if they actually do it week to week. And also pretty shocked.

Netflix will release it weekly in Japan. For the rest of the world, Netflix will release the whole season at once in Spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

RME posted:

kuromukuro did it at the end of each cour

anyhow ep1 was good, and cute

Same with Ajin, and Sidonia, and Seven Deadly Sins. Netflix is binge or gently caress you.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

a kitten posted:

Would watch.

The Magic Kids Go to Magic School anime genre shows no signs of slowing down.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Fabricated posted:

lol

My brother keeps looking for stuff for his daughter to watch that isn't the same 3 disney movies on loop and if this stays not...as anime as most anime I'd recommend it but she's probably too young to get most of this stuff. Hopefully it gets dubbed- maybe in a year or two.

I don't know how many shows they did this with, but Netflix had Ajin: Demi-Human dubbed as it was airing so they streamed the whole season dubbed only a couple days after it finished airing in Japan.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Netflix when it releases the first cour will have it most likely all dubbed by then.

I think it might depend on the Japanese partner. Like, they took forever to release Seven Deadly Sins, but last summer they released Kuromukuro subbed shortly after it aired with the dub following a few months later.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
http://www.netflix.com/littlewitchacademia now sends you to a placeholder page.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

MonsterEnvy posted:

Knowing about the entire animation industry message makes me just see the words "magic" as "traditional animation" and "science" as CGI.

Finneran looking down on Chariot for making it seem like Animation is for kids. And Criox's stuff is blending the Animation and CGI.

It's funny you mention this, considering this series was licensed by Netflix. The other anime they've licensed for this year are Cyborg 009: Call of Justice, the Godzilla anime movie, ID-0 and their original movie Blame!, and all of those are fully 3DCG.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Relin posted:

devilman crybaby will also probably be cgi :(

Science Saru with Masaaki Yuasa directing? It'll probably look like Ping Pong: The Animation. Their other anime production Perfect Bones is confirmed 2D.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I think we all are assuming the same, which does suck. I don't think the way Netflix handles anime is good at all, but it seems they are unwilling to change their business model all that quickly.

Netflix has a worldwide subscription base over 90 times the size of Crunchyroll's. No one's going to tell Netflix how to release a show. Not with the growing number of people whose only television service is Netflix and nothing else. This is also how they've handled their anime licenses since 2014 when they licensed Knights of Sidonia. I guess people are just taking notice now because it's a series they were actually anticipating.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Episodes 1-13 on Netflix June 30th http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/22/little-witch-academias-netflix-release-date-announced

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Elfface posted:

Is the Witch-Parade OVA canon?

No. The movies are their own continuity.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

sincx posted:

What's with people saying LWA is supposed to be a kid's show if it still airs at midnight like all the other "adult" (i.e. otaku-oriented) anime?

The economics of TV in Japan are different. A lot of shows aimed at younger audiences air at night.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

We're comin' onto Netflix in 2 days! This will be good for me because I am way behind and it's just easier to stream. (Even if it's just the first half, though I think I heard somewhere that they decided to do just the entire thing, but seeing is believing)

There was an image that said "ALL EPISODES JUNE 30" but i think that means all episodes of the first cour.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

TFRazorsaw posted:

Dub's up on Netflix, yo

If by that you mean French, Spanish, Italian and German dubs.

edit: Seems English is available for some episodes and not others.

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 30, 2017

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

ConanThe3rd posted:

So not only were we cockblocked for two seasons we don't even have the whole thing or it consistently in English.

Oh you could get that awful Archie show the moment it infested the CW every week but LWA, naw, you'll speek when you're spoken to, weeb.

FFS

They delay Riverdale in the US. I assume you're in a country where Riverdale is labeled as a Netflix Original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just watch, Netflix will pick the game up, take a small eternity to release it and only release half of it in spite of calling it the whole game.

https://twitter.com/Joshawott/status/881518120585895936

Yeah, no this is just incompetent work at play.

Maybe they go with one of the more standard dubbing houses next time. The studio they used for this is called Artwood Sound.

• Locked thread