Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

The first ep was great. Just plain entertaining all-around, with a nice mix of comedy and action along with a lot of cute moments with the cast. Nice animation too, and I hope they can keep it up.

I don't mind that they're doing a reboot of sorts either. I think it's the best way for getting a new audience, and I doubt the existing audience will mind much at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I noticed that too. It's actually a pretty nice change, and coupled with her getting undeserved praise at the end of the episode, I'm excited to see where they end up taking her character in the show

Agreed. When she was putting down Shiny Chariot, for example, it seemed more like she was just being matter-of-fact about it, like "She's not respected here anymore" rather than "Haw haw, your heroine sucks!" I'm preferring the change so far. Akko is slightly less overbearing than in the 2nd OVA too.

Lotte and Sucy are basically the same, which is good. Why mess with perfection?

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Another solid episode. That race was awesome, and I love how expressive the characters can get (see Akko the absolute madwoman's face above).

I also dig how it looks like the ending credits will mix in new illustrations showing post-episode scenes and such.

Nick Biped fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 23, 2017

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

It's was mainly Sucy who cheated. She's clearly the brains of the trio

Between Sucy's creepy behaviour and Akko's manic energy, I wonder what Lotte must be thinking sometimes.

I did like how the race announcer lampshaded it by calling Lotte an average and ordinary girl when she was temporarily in the lead.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

It's hilarious to watch Akko's reaction to someone else fangirling over something she's pretty neutral towards. Also yeah, Lotte focused episode is nice.

Agreed. It was really fun seeing the shoe on the other foot for once.

Now all we need is Sucy to go bonkers over something.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Yeah, I guess that's about as fangirly as Sucy can get about something.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

SardonicTyrant posted:

What a wonderfully ridiculous plot. :allears:

Quite. I like how it went from an action story with cool fight scenes to low-tempo discussions about collateral, interest payments, and notes payable. :20bux: .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

What was the weird looking cube thing that Ursula collected in the end? Does she have some sort of ulterior motive for guiding Acco through these tasks?

I don't believe that was Ursula. The colour of the sleeve was different (hers was dark blue and the mystery person's one was white) and it looked like the cubes were moving away from her when they appeared.

Anyways, really great episode there. Among other things, it looks like we're going to see Akko help Diana get back the feeling of having fun with magic.

• Locked thread