Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
posting in a dr sunshine thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
I've been holding onto the 2nd short on blu-ray but I haven't watched it yet :(

I really hope the new series has every episode like the first short - like the complete opposite of flying witch, with action and explosions and fireworks and eldrich monsters and friendly rivalries and dungeons and treasure and...

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

DrSunshine posted:

Wow!!! How does it feel?

:feelsgood:

quote:

I hope it's like, literally Harry Potter. The second episode was okay, but not as good as the first I feel. The animation looks like it's the same budget as the first but stretched out to be twice as long, and Akko just spends the whole episode being really dumb, which is a tad frustrating because it makes the conflict in it seem really contrived.

Just watched it. Your opinion was spot on, I think, but I think Akko's pushiness and tremendous focus is still kinda endearing.

quote:

I'm curious to see what they do with a whole show! Here's hoping they don't make it a whole plot-heavy thing and it's just cute witches doing magic in an episodic way!

:same:

There will be an overarching plot to loosely tie it into a singular story, I bet. Unlike other magic school settings, this one feels like it would do its world building via Akko and co causing and fixing mishaps instead of long montages of academic minutae.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

DrSunshine posted:

Dudes, can you imagine what a witchly Sports Festival and Culture Festival would be like?? I bet it'd be awesome!

cafe

haunted house

• Locked thread