Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Neat little reference: looks like the magic books are written in the language of the Voynich Manuscript.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

paragon1 posted:

Their written language is literally moon runes. :haw:

And Voynich text!

(mods: apparently Wikipedia doesn't care about hot linking their images, but let me know if you do)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Nah, you may be right about that, but if it's not too dumb about it I will enjoy it anyway, same way I can with Pixar cartoons, etc.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That is an unusual reference for them to make, but I like it. Meanwhile:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Those fat jokes were so shameless I couldn't help but find them funny.

Introducing a new character! She is never seen without chips or donuts in her hands!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Take a look at banner, Akko!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nick Biped posted:

Now all we need is Sucy to go bonkers over something.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

Also, isn't just a lot of the talk about the favorite moe slice of life show of the day mostly just empty shitposting and irreverent off-topic derails?

so is life when you think about it, so it's appropriate

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
As someone who is only now watching TTGL, I appreciate Diana's near-Kamina line there.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Fun episode. The lightsaber was bonkers... has that ever shown up in LWA before?

Also, I couldn't help but think of someone who would've been overjoyed to have the stick that pissed Croix off:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Why can she do all of those superhuman things? It's not explained at all.

Where did she get her light saber? How can she change hair and eye colors at will?

Best not to think about these things too much.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I guffawed when, of course, as Jasminka fell off she immediately started eating a donut. Trigger's commitment to cheap laughs is shameless in a good way.

On the whole, LWA was decent but not great I'd say. The plot meandered too much early on and I'm still not sure who exactly the target audience for this was. But there were some really fun moments and when the main plot kicked in it was much more enjoyable.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

And Hannah and Barbara have seen things you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

Robot butlers. Advanced caveman civilizations. Dogs that smoke weed and solve mysteries

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
YeahYeah, I thought Asenshi did a really good job :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
She should have crazy high luck though.

• Locked thread