Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Thread Title shall we name this new thread?
This poll is closed.
Independence Day 2: Resturgeonce 44 21.36%
ScotPol - Unclustering this gently caress 19 9.22%
Trainspotting 2: Independence is my heroin 9 4.37%
Indyref II: Boris hosed a Dead Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol: Wings over Bullshit 8 3.88%
Independence 2: Cameron Lied, UK Died 24 11.65%
Scotpol IV: I Vow To Flee My Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol - A twice in a generation thread 17 8.25%
ScotPol - Where Everything's hosed Up and the Referendums Don't Matter 15 7.28%
ScotPol Thread: Dependence Referendum Incoming 2 0.97%
Indyref II: The Scottish Insturgeoncy 10 4.85%
ScotPol Thread: Act of European Union 5 2.43%
ScotPol - Like Game of Thrones only we wish we would all die 25 12.14%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Based on the last option for thread titles, Nigel Farrage is going to blow up Westminster and rule as Lord Protector in the ruins of London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Blurred posted:

Wtf? How can someone be for national self-determination and independence from a larger union in one case and then oppose it in another? Like, what reasons do they have for believing that Scotland should remain in the UK that don't conflict with their reasons for the UK leaving the EU? Apart from them just being vicious, self-interested dumb cunts of course?
It's a simple question of who's on top.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

What what what?
It's the sequel; of course a former enemy now joins the ranks of the good guys against the real villains.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

She's clearly giving the go-ahead for independence, no need for expensive formalities when the result is a given.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Extreme0 posted:

Is Gibraltar a nice place to go for a hoilday?
It has monkeys.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Are there people in Scotland who thought the EU would negotiate with Sturgeon? Or allow EU membership of a constituent part of a nation state?
GIven recent developments? It'd say definitely.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

baronvonsabre posted:

Especially since people were genuinely discussing a 'Reverse Greenland' as a thing that they wanted to happen.
Huh, how about that. That exact same idea just came to me when I was writing that post. Not gonna fly obviously, but it sorta makes sense in a "desperately looking for a way to stay in both the UK and the EU" sort of way.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

Woah he speaks better German than me and I grew up speaking the language.
Don't lie. Everyone knows you hail from Switzerland.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

That may also be as a result of Scotland being 95% white.
Well, England is having hate crimes targeted at white people too, so that wouldn't be the sole explanation I don't think.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

As in, Scotland is overwhelmingly white british. I think about 94%

While this hardly precludes the commission of hate crimes it does mean that you'll have to work about 3 times as hard to find someone to do a hate crime on than in England.
Oh, right, forgot just how white and British Scotland apparently is. I figured it was relatively close to Denmark in that regard, but apparently we're a multicultural haven in comparison, with only 89% people of Danish origin. (Meaning at least one parent born in Denmark with a Danish citizenship.)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

This is literally what I suggested in the Europol thread. What a sensible people, those Belgians, assuming it's true.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Angepain posted:

Fans of the Sunday Herald will enjoy this heartwarming display of European solidarity on the front page:

http://twitter.com/newsundayherald/status/749347303702597632

Fans of hating the Sunday Herald will enjoy that apparently most of the translations are incorrect.
It's just Scottish French/German/Swedish/and so on.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

duckmaster posted:

Which means Scotland needs to become a Crown Dependency, except not of the UK because they won't be in the UK. A dependency of the Netherlands or Spain perhaps.
Among EU members, Denmark would clearly be the most appropriate. Not only are there historical links, we bring experience with North Atlantic dependencies to the table.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

TomViolence posted:

I don't get it, are the Scottish resistance Jacobites? Are they gonna get that Duke Franz of Bavaria or whatever his name is to come over and be the king of independent Scotland?
It's a secret plan to have Scotland instantly rejoin the EU, as part of Freistaat Bayern, and thus grow closer to the center of European power.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

TomViolence posted:

Haggis is shite and we all just pretend to like it. Also, I think it must be a viking import as the scandies have an excellent track record w/r/t making unappetising meals out of things most sane people become nauseous at the mere prospect of ingesting.
Frankly, I think that's a general rule for humanity. I mean, even the oh so civilized Romans, with all their wealth, still made garum.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Hoops posted:

What's wrong with picking up the box when the baby is inside?
Adding a baby puts the box beyond its limit state design, greatly increasing the risk of a catastrophic failure.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Juliet Whisky posted:

Meanwhile what's everyone's best guesses on the SNP masterplan? They promised to retaliate to the British government's referendum rejection this week, but have already ruled out court action or a snap election. Maybe all of their Westminster MPs will resign, or use obstruction tactics in the House (which would quickly bring Parliament to a halt since it's all about precedent and gentlemen's agreements). I am looking forward to whatever strategical nonsense they have to offer.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

Pfff, what a lack of ambition. Corbyn is a normal European social democrat, we could go a lot further.
When you say "normal European social democrat", I assume you don't mean an actual normal European social democrat, because that's a pro-market privatizing liberal.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

As always, the obvious solution is for Scotland to become a self-governing constituent country within the Kingdom of Denmark, to get those sweet Edinburgh Agreement opt-outs now that the UK threw its own in the trash.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

A Celtic-Scando powerhouse from Iceland to Finland.
Your post betrays you; speaking of blood and power rather than inclusivity and self-determination. People are right to call you out as just another nationalist, even if you do not see it yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Aramoro posted:

The Finnish have denied it has any affect on infant mortality as well. It is purely a gimmick to make middle class people feel better about doing nothing for poor people generally. Lets have UBI and see how it goes.
I don't even want to think about what you think they should be doing with condoms to have an effect on infant mortality!