Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Zudgemud posted:

Gaetish blood is very much like herpes simplex, when under stress it can surface abruptly and somewhat predictably, but instead of cold sores popping up at nerve endings you end up with a thirst for regional separatism and unbridled Stockholm hate.

funny 'cause it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

At least we're not making cluster bombs anymore? :shrug:

e: At least I think we used to make it.

Who made the bombkapsel 90 btw? That thing was magical

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

TheFluff posted:

- What about Konflikt's foreign reporting? And Cecilia Uddén is a national treasure -

Word

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

So the police wants everyone to stay home tonight because sthlm is "dangerous" now. The gently caress? Knowing them they won't take a 'haha, no' answer, but waaat
Has that been the reaction in any other city after an attack?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

...I still want to celebrate life and pay remembrance to the ones who doesn't have one anymore (I want to get drunk because I'm swedish)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Honestly fb has been sort of fantastic right know. Then again my feed has been dominated by other people who actually live here. Remember kids, don't read the comments on even the NY Times articles.

Because it'll make you want to shove your old army berets so far down the throats of the russian bots that they will get cancer from the diesel fumes. That goes for you too Hynkel.

It isn't yours who's fighting for their lives in hospital now.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Två av de skadade är barn, vet inte om de är bland de allvarliga (eller om de är stabila heller för den delen)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Ekot skrev att det var två. Det gjorde de iallafall tidigare idag.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

widunder posted:

Två, varav ett är allvarligt skadat (enligt chefsläkaren som intervjuades i Ekot).

I for one am glad that my taxes go to paying that guy's salary.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Drottninggatan är rätt bred överlag tack o lov. När du behöver varje marginal på din sida gör varenda centimeter av det skillnad.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

11 år.

Det är en sorgemanifestation i morgon. Kommer vara trångt.

Och, jag orkar inte, men jag vet att snart kommer stollarna och skriker om värdelösa lagar och förändringar, som ändå inte kommer skydda någon mot nått. Men jag orkar inte tänka på det.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Sverigevännerna kommer få gedigen informativ hjälp från Ryssland om det skrämmande afghaniUzbekistan och deras uzTalobaner. "Med sådana vänner..."

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Subtle as a freight train. This is going to turn into a vicious political battle isn't it.

Guess it's time to have the German Conversation. Odd.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Lööf wanna be prime minister, and she gon' force us to agree by her sheer stubbornness to accept anything less.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Själv tycker jag det är kul att usa blir så bajsnödigt av sånt här. Samhällskontraktet kan krackelera, orättvisorna bli så stora att det mest påminner om 1800-talet, politiskt intresserade amatörer på alla håll och kanter rakt av kopierar retoriken från Tyskland 1925, och världshistoriens största djävla clown väljs till president för att han är iallafall rasist... och ändå har de ork att förvånas av att saker inte fungerar likadant i norra europa? Canada doesn't do this poo poo, just sayin

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Most of Sweden's tax dodging problems can be summed up with two letters:

1. E
2. U

So not that simple a task. A lot more could be done than what is done today but it's not like the US where you could literally pool billions into the IRS and still go revenue positive because the system is just that broken.

Sweden's bigger problems is that there are two tax systems right now.

A: The tax system for the rich and consultant class
B: The tax system for everyone else

Aren't the letters
1. Luxembourg
2. Ireland
3. Malta
4. USA?

Isn't that where the actual business tax on services in the nordics actually go to? It's not like Google and FB is paying tax in Sweden

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Isn't it about how the Hansa was the sole entity that financed the swedish LIBERATION from the TYRRANICAL YOKE of Denmark? The Hansa got less tariffs when they could play out two sides against eachother (supposedly).

(danesactuallyaretyrannicalandwewhererightandalwayswinbecauseweareswedesandweshouldruleeverything)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Nenonen posted:

And murdered his own step sister. That boy ain't right.

Step-brother I thought? The incel over there murdered his little brother who was transgender. I'm kinda getting fed up with all the tragedies these new nazis are creating.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Thanks for telling me. I should have read the news.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Bali is going to do whatever it takes to get in the moneypower. He's a populist who cares naught for others.

My guess is he will fall in line for the time being and try to get attention some other way, and bide his time until he can take revenge on the olds. A dangerous man.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 21, 2019

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Can't be, doesn't matter if they station 200k US troops there since convicted criminals aren't allowed to vote

:agesilaus:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

:same:

my dude the only thing us armed forces personel are getting convicted of is DUI's.

T'was a bad joke about how american soldiers can only be recruited by judges threatening the convicted with prison otherwise. And that Florida takes away the democratic right to vote from minoritiescrimina...

... :aaa: they gonna convict the Greenlanders aren't they :aaaaa:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Look, nobody is expecting the russians to just blow everything up now. I for one never wanted an alliance with turkey. NATO was just a necessity. I just hope Erdogan getting the F-35's is enough, let's not pretend this is about one journalist from a newspaper.

I mean, it's a paper alliance with Turkey, and Turkey would never honour that paper if tested. The US is going to force a solution to this bs soon enough, and it will be by some force on the turks.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

thotsky posted:

The people who have always wanted Sweden and Finland to join NATO surely don't give a poo poo about any kurds. If that's the only issue they will be sold out, like usual. Seems more likely to me that Turkish resistance is about the arms industry or either a favor for Putin or the repayment of one.

You think 60% of the Swedish public supporting NATO rn and S et al would be ok with your mentioned minority selling out the kurds? How much power do you think "The people who have always wanted Sweden and Finland to join NATO" have?

Fake e: Who do you think they are?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Groda posted:

Except for that stupid phonetic alphabet we insist on keeping.

Nato code was added to the curriculum 20 years ago, it would take a special kind of idiot to default to fredrik over foxtrot

E. When speaking English, who cares what you do in another language

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 17, 2022

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Well, you see, ehm, thotsky is a tankie.

Yeah :shrug:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

If it calms the leftmostests of us, it is a very real possibility that the Americans fold in of themselves over a couple presidential elections and leave NATO - as dumb as that sounds. Their isolationist streak has always been strong and that's an urge that grows popular exponentially in societies that starts succumbing to their own hatreds of themselves.

The trouble with strenghtening the EU project in any military direction at all, let alone to be independent from the influence of the 5 (you know who they are. The anglo-saxons.), is that the north and east likes Washington a whole hell of a lot more than they like Paris-Berlin.
(Sidenote, but important; European power/politics revolve around the FrancoGerman alliance. All the rest of us are arguably fringe members still, and however the norm might change in coming decades, we're a very long ways away from an balanced, integrated supranational Europe now.)
But a NATO where the US has decisively stopped functioning as designed, or one better, abandoned the strongest geopolitical tool in world history, is much more well positioned to become that military dimension of a unified Europe that have been hypothesised. The need for it will still be there, american vacuum or not, the infrastructure hasn't gone anywhere, and it is easier to believe that Norway-Czechia-Italy et al finds a solution to that vacuum instead of dissolving the hard fought solution to their territorial integrity. Aka NATO.

And that's a big reason to join NATO irregardless of the american future or any other.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Tankie traditionally refers to someone who explains, and usually by extension supports (however regrettably), the necessity* of violence/warcrimes/etc. comitted by authoritarian communist/stalinist states and regimes. However, Putin is just a run of the mill fascist, running a fascist empire. People carrying water for fascists have a name too, and it's not tankie.

*: Literally never actually necessary

You have never had friends in RKU or KPLMR(r) have you

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Revelation 2-13 posted:

You could say that almost iterally any treaty any country has with another country (perhaps barring forced peace treaties, surrendering in war or some such). A treaty generally doesn't force anyone to do anything. There are consequences for not living up to the treaty; political, economical and so on (and in this case, losing the protection for a variety of reasons). Jfc,. what even is this?

So why are you arguing for the insurmountable weight of treaties then? You understand they aren't insurmountable so why do you hate joining the NATO one this much? The value of joining isn't for the bloody paper and its promises

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Nice piece of fish posted:

So glad the world has finally learned what norwegians always knew.

I will insult you and incinerate your money when we win the next war, you feelings hurter!

And also this

His Divine Shadow posted:

We've never fed the other peoples kids when visiting, we've offered but they've always said no, their parents cooked for them at home and they'd eat there when it was dinner time. I get the impression the other parents wouldn't appreciate it.

I also don't expect to be fed if I visit someone for a short while, they might offer. Now we're going to stay several hours...

Then coffee and snacks would be expected, a whole day, I'd expect a meal.
is the whole truth, and besides we've left the 1980s now and have improved our ways towards other people's kids and their contact averse parents

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 1, 2022

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

And the ami's all jumping to conclude it being a universal thing including for adults who were specifically invited to come over by the ladies and lords of the house, and not as was stated from the beginning;
a thing specifically for kids in decades past were if you (a small child) would be invited to play with your friend at their house, the friends strange parents wouldn't extend your little friends invite to include their 17:00 dinner and you'd be sent home or oddly, be assigned a holding area. And that this also felt very very strange to most of us kids and our non-strange parents, since we fed our friends dinner or snacks before dinner time including kid-economy high status items like ice cream etc.
And how all? of us have vowed to not perpetuate this evil we experienced as children towards the younger generations

Scandinavians invite people over for dinner all the time. We're maybe more formal about the process than southerners still, but we god drat do it.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

It wasn't really weird as a kid, we understood it. My parents were home cooking my own dinner and I'd just have to run back home to eat dinner, I didn't want to eat two dinners, my parents didn't wanna cook food for a kid that had already eaten and I didn't wanna eat my friends parents weird looking food anway. Why would I eat here when I gotta go soon anyway to eat dinner at home? If it was a sleepover or something, it's different.

This is another thing most of the world probably don't get, that kids could (stil can) and would, where this is a thing, basically run to other peoples houses on their own all the drat time and there's not been any formal invitations and the kids live close enough that they will hear their parents bellowing that it's dinner time. We also had dinner times to be back home for.

There was one part that was always weird to me though. The offer to wait in the friends room. No matter the other circumstances being left alone in their home always felt weird

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Rappaport posted:

Swedes are the epitome of white people, in all the worst ways, and this is just the cultural aftermath.

The self hating root vegetable

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Flygande jakob. Perfectly good ingredients, cooked by a madman

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Robot 15 best robot

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Känner att folk inte riktigt förstår att kalkonen inte bryr sig om vad de säger eller gör. Diktatorns kalkon har hittat en sten att pressa saft ur, och na kommer trycka på stenarna tills det inte kommer ut nån mer saft. Problemet för oss är att det inte är nån skandinavisk saft kalkonen är ute efter förståss, det enda som duger för dem är amerikansk patented Freedom Juice.
Han vill ha eftergifter från USA. Han är färdig när han tror att det inte kommer mer efter, inte före.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Naä, backupplanen var väll en konfederation av su/fi-sv-no-de men Danmark och Norge idag är väll inte så haffa, kanske, på att vara smarta med andra. Hellre dum i frihet :downsa:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Åt lunch på Teatergrillen med farsan och Magnus Uggla satte sig vid bordet intill, AMA.

Har han förstått att det bästa han gjorde va på 70-talet än? Ska han göra fler sånger som 'Hallå'?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Groda posted:

Magnus Uggla has made the best of all phases of his life, and we should aspire to do the same.

Make no mistake, I respect the man and his achievements and got most of his albums in my younger days. Just wish he made some more of the best of the early music

E.

lilljonas posted:

Erdogan is just about to launch a major anti-kurdish offensive. This is just saber rattling to shift the discussion from him killing and maiming a lot of Kurds in Turkey and northern Syria. I got to assume that he's pissing quite a lot of NATO countries off something fierce right now, cock-blocking their wet dream of surrounding Russia with NATO countries while simultaneously loving up one of the few armed groups in the Middle East that has any good-will towards the US these days.

Getting the US' blessing and non-interference is one of the concessions he's seeking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

How to spot a conservative politician vs. how to spot a cartoon

A politician radiates power like this

But a cartoon character radiates power like that