Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Checking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

TBH, attacks of these kinds (no actual weapons used) are virtually impossible to completely guard society against.
Vehicle barriers are pretty effective, although obviously it won't stop someone from running people down at pedestrian crossings.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Nope. Eliasson is an idiot and only holds that position because he brown-nosed Anders Ygeman (the minister of home affairs) enough.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A friend of my coworker went and rented a car and spent the evening driving people home.

I think it's pretty nice that the biggest concern I've heard from people about this is that it was inconvenient that the trains and subways didn't run. Terrorism doesn't scare us.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

This basically. Also, if you thought you knew the meaning the "non-confrontational to a fault", you haven't yet tried to change work habits in a swedish government institution. poo poo's bananas.
To be fair there's plenty of that in the private sector as well.

Anyone who's ever worked in IT can retell stories about how they had to take a new system and spend tons of hours and a silly amount of money trying to make its user interface look and behave just like an old system because users refuse to change their workflow/habits.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I don't know anyone who uses Spotify without premium. Are the freeloaders really that big of an issue for the labels?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

If Spotify dies, I'm probably going back to just pirating music again. None of the other streaming providers can match them, especially when it comes to recommendations and auto playlists.
:same:

Spotify eliminated the need to pirate music for me. I don't think the service will die through, since even the labels seem to begrudgingly have accepted that physical media is dying and streaming is the way forward. If they go bankrupt they'll just get bought out by one of the labels and the service turned to poo poo.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Foodora, Uber Eats, Hungrig and all the other bazillion food delivery services that suddenly popped up over the last year kind of fill the Pizza-as-a-service role.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Ringnes isn't a beer, it's bottled piss from norwegian cave trolls.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/864760197365026820

:haw:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Well, they have pretty good reasons for wanting it so.
The only reason is because it will in some way line some politicians' pockets.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Fader Movitz posted:

We should create a Scandinavian currency union just to spite the EU. We can call it Scandinavian crowns or Scrowns for short
Just call it Riksdaler again. It works in both Swedish, Danish and Norwegian.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

For dumb town names (ghetto or not) I'm fond of A Duck Sneezed Here

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cardiac posted:

The question is how many ministers will go? Johansson is given, maybe Ygeman, possibly Hultqvist.
If you're think anyone is actually getting punished for this you are too naive. Johansson will at worst get reassigned to an equally cushy post within a token slap on the wrist and Ygeman has his nose so far up Löfven's rear end he can see out his belly button, so it's unlikely he's getting even an annoyed email.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm with V on this one: It's a big loving deal and we need to get it cleared up, but axing three ministers might be a bit much?
I'm happy if they axe Ygeman. Mostly because I'm hoping it will undermine Dan Eliasson.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

It's also quite funny how MP has become is still completely irrelevant in Swedish politics.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The plan was made obsolete by Tinder.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Someone from De Fria put a sticker on a lamp post near Handelsbankens office in Stockholm, saying "Private banks create money out of debt!!".

I'm happy they've finally learned how money lending has worked for the past thousand or so years.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Poil posted:

I'll put it this way, some people should get kicked out of Europe. Preferably into the sea. Tied to massive lego bricks made out of concrete.
I agree, but who would take their seats in government?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Wolves are just big dogs. We shouldn't be killing dogs. :saddowns:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Lots of salty nazis in Gothenburg today. They pissed away their planned "huge" demonstration, their leader was arrested and now they're getting beat up by police. :munch:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Their march was stopped by antifa.
From what I understood, antifa (or any of the counter protesters) never really got close to the nazis so you can't give them credit for shutting it down.

It was stopped because the nazis tried to deviate from the route they had given permission to use, got pushed back by police at which point they started fighting with the police. Their leader was arrested along with a bunch of others, and while this was going on the permitted time for their demonstration ran out and the police told everyone to gently caress off.

Basically the nazis stopped their own march because they're a bunch of thin-skinned morons.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I want to believe that the police allowed the nazis to do their illegal "practice" march earlier to trick them into believing that they could get away with poo poo this time.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Poil posted:

Muf?

Also isn't banning begging just going to increase crime?
Moderata Ungdomsförbundet

And yes it likely will. You can't outlaw poverty, poor people still need to eat. It's merely a law to make middle class people feel less guilty because they don't have to see as many poor people.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

I get that it is people killing each other, but surely we’d prefer they didn’t and especially use explosives meant for battlefields. Seems very silly to just stick your head in the sand and say they’re blowing each other up, not us, so all is well.
Yeah, it's about perceived safety. You can't just point at statistics and say "Look, 98% of people killed are other gang members, it's fine."

Surprise, people don't like it when criminals run around in their neighbourhood shooting at each other.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Fader Movitz posted:

everyone talks about their stupid ads instead of actual policy.
Swedish_elections.txt

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cardiac posted:

Good riddance
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/beskedet-dan-eliasson-avgar
Election year approaches and since S is going to go with Law and Order, Eliasson had to go (or well, be moved sideways as is the usual way).
I wonder what kind of dirt Eliasson has on who, since he seems to be just impossible to get rid of while being shockingly incompetent in every position.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Swedish minister of environment argues that it should be legal to steal something if you can't afford to pay for it. As long as you're the state, of course.

https://www.svd.se/ar-det-for-dyrt-att-folja-grundlagen-ministern

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Socialdemokraterna are trying to score political points by ragging on Moderaterna and the construction of Nya Karolinska Sjukhuset. Saying something is upside down is a way of saying it's crazy and/or bad.

e: Not that NKS isn't a complete shitshow, but lol if you think S wouldn't line the pockets of their contractor buddies just as much as M has.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 5, 2018

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

TheFluff posted:

tbh I think he's just being really loving stupid as usual and the entire "russians stole emails for nyheter idag" angle seems much too juicy to be true, but he is definitely a useful idiot at the very least
Is "accidentally useful idiot" a thing?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Randarkman posted:

Well, she quit before it was put to a vote.
Pulling a Nixon.

Alhazred posted:

Even her own party was willing to sacrifice her so it's probably safe to say that she's politically dead.
If Norwegian politics are anything like Swedish politics she'll be "suspended" in that the party will say something vaguely critical about her, she'll lay low for about year while receiving full pay, then return once the media has forgotten about her.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 20, 2018

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

What is it with nazis and pretending that they actually care about women's rights?
"Foreigners are damaging our property."

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

I loathe getting into it with people on fb but someone posted that Sweden gives people handguns when they are 21. Is this a misunderstanding of an existing law or complete and utter horseshit as I suspect
Utter horseshit.

Getting permission to own a handgun in Sweden isn't easy. With a few niche exceptions, the only reason to own a centerfire handgun that's accepted by the police is sport shooting. To do that, you need to become a member of a shooting club and be an active member for 12 months. During that time you take a course and pass a written test for your competition license and pass a relatively high skill test, and then you're allowed to apply for a handgun license. Each gun needs to be applied for individually and you need to reapply for each one every 5 years, at which point you must prove that you've remained a sufficiently active sport shooter during the time.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

This is a common fallacy everywhere, not just the public sector. People latch on to ideas and methods and point at previous successful applications as an argument without thinking about why they were successful in those cases.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cardiac posted:

Too bad reality is kinda in the way given their behavior in 2015 and the latest deal with MP with regards to the Afghans. Politics is a confidence area, and the established parties have some catching up to the confidence SD have in certain issues.
The reason SD enjoys that kind of confidence is they haven't actually been in power so there aren't any sour memories of them promising something and then being forced to compromise on it. Being in opposition is easy.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'll be happy if MP and KD both fade into irrelevance.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Satanistiskt Initiativ or bust.
:yeah:

They're unironically starting to look like the least poo poo alternative.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I wish polls would start representing people who intend to vote null/other, because I think the voice of "You're all idiots and none of you have my trust" is important as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

FRAMÅT!!!!

What is Centerpartiet running on?

Could someone do a short break down on what the parties stand for at this point in time leading up to the Swedish election?
I think the short answer to both your questions is :shrug:

So far the only clear message I've heard from most parties is "Vote for us because we're not SD".