Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nice piece of fish posted:

If you make lutefisk starting from really fresh, high quality fish that isn't cod, it can taste amazingly great.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

What we first need to do is making voting mandatory with fines handed out to people who neglect their civic duty, because people not voting due to laziness just puts democracy in the bin.

On the other hand, australia

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stuff generally tastes the same everywhere but local is often better tasting since it tends to be fresher.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 11, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

and don't ever EVER read the comment sections

This applies to everything

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

So I just found out that Finland's national hero is a Nazi-collaborator interwar general/strongman :stare:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustaf_Emil_Mannerheim

Why are you surprised that a Finnish leader during WW2 was a Nazi-collaborator?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Karpaw posted:

Having an opposition who playacts the role but doesn't bring down the government despite having the ability is more a pantomime of democracy but all is hallowed in service of Värdegrunden.

The purpose of the opposition isn't to bring down the government

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cardiac posted:

So how many of your friends and family members are racist then?
Roughly 20-25% of the Swedish male population would vote SD, which means unless you live in a bubble, a fair amount of them will be SD supporters.
A fact which is extra funny in this male dominated forum.
Another funny fact from SCB, roughly 10% of the foreign born immigrants would vote SD.

The point is this:
SD used to be a nationalist party, which have now transformed into a populist party with nationalist roots.
In the same way that VPK used to be a communist party, and is now basically a social democratic party.
As for SD, the hardcore nationalist have left for AfS, while the Nazis in NMR hate them all for being race traitors.

Yes, everybody who votes SD is racist.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Obviously not, which is my point.

Obviously yes, which is my point

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mercrom posted:

saying 20% of swedes are racist is just meaningless virtue signaling. it might technically be that many or more but the actual problem is generic xenophobia and idealism. people can 100% believe in lockean tabula rasa poo poo but still think of culture as simply a virus passed down the generations

That’s just semantics

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mercrom posted:

thats 90% of politics

Not really

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This thread sucks (dick)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA7yxpP02bI

Never forget 17 year old Carl Bildt who during a teacher strike took on the role as self appointed principal and continued holding class.

Even before he learned to work he became a scab.

How did the other students not just tell him to gently caress off?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Potrzebie posted:

Isn't this in gross violation of every HR-paragraph ever written? How is Denmark not on the same EU shitlist as Poland and Hungary?

Not Eastern European enough

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

McCloud posted:

What exactly is the long term plan here? So they're impoverishing these people and make them homeless, now you have a lot of hungry, angry people without homes, then what? Do they think these people will just vanish? They're just expanding the recruitment pool of organised crime and radical organisations.

The plan is racism

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retarded Goatee posted:

Oh boy, you are not going to see any whining about a lack of space and resources from the Swedish pundits when the refugees coming in are European.

Western European you mean

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Not really true. Norway was doing fine for itself pretty much since the late 19th century and was actually a relatively prosperous country with several big domestic industries, most notably energy production, timber and related, fishing, and shipping among others. The welfare state as we know was pretty much built before the whole oil thing set off for real in the 70s. Before the oil Norway was a pretty prosperous society, it's just that after the oil we just became insanely rich. Also the dominance of the oil sector probably negatively impacted alot of other sectors of the Norwegian economy which used to be much more important before the oil boom.

so they'd basically just be like... Finland

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If a job required me to wear a suit to an interview it's probably a job I don't want

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

zokie posted:

You'll never look out of place wearing a suit in a white collar environment, and suggesting a job applicant wear one isn't out of place either. Piling scorn someone trying to help you is out of place and so is calling someone a loving weirdo for pointing that out.

You definitely would where I work

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

McCloud posted:

Suits are fine you big babies. Getting upset about someone wearing suits is just as stupid as whining about tattoos or piercings. Imagine actually giving a gently caress what clothes people wear in 2019.

I give a gently caress what I have to wear, not others

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You're just jealous because Jesus is a finn

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

what's wrong with gardening

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I've never enjoyed work more than now because of wfh.

maybe when I was a teenager mowing lawns for the municipality and got to listen to audiobooks all day

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

only non-scandinavians should be allowed to post here imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beeswax posted:

What posts should have caused probations?

All of them