Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
Hvad med Halland og Blekinge? De er jo næsten udelukkende danskere allesammen. Vores gamle jord bliver købt tilbage, dødsbo for dødsbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Ethnic Danes score worse than immigrants and their children on a wide range of issues that immigrants are routinely lambasted for

Sure, if you only look at the extreme answers. If you look at the positive answers on the whole you get a different picture.

SplitSoul posted:

85% vs 80% vs 94%

64% vs 63% vs 69%

62% vs 66% vs 78%

84% vs 93% vs 96%

90% vs 87% vs 90%

11% vs 29% vs 27%

90% vs 91% vs 93%

98% vs 98% vs 98%

91% vs 93% vs 95%

19% vs 84% vs 72%

IMO Danes seem to markedly differ from immigrants and their children on The Gays and university education. They found a statistically significant difference between peoples answers to many of the questions, but I don't know that you can equate that to Danes being the problem. A lot of Danes are only now beginning to have personal experiences with immigrants due to the way they're being distributed around the country. It takes time to realize that the picture the media put in your head of immigrants doesn't mesh with reality.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Buller posted:

Strikes are coming to Denmark, most notably the anestesians and ortophedians are striking. Should create some chaos at least.

Anaesthetists and radiologists, actually. This means delays in planned surgeries. I don't know of a speciality that doesn't depend on radiologists to review imaging.

https://www.laeger.dk/nyhed/strejkevarsel-paa-alle-anaestesiafdelinger-og-radiologiske-afdelinger posted:

Yngre Læger og Overlægeforeningen har i lighed med alle andre organisationer for offentligt ansatte udtaget ca. ti pct. af medlemmerne til konflikt. Men i stedet for at gå efter bestemte hospitaler eller regioner har overlægerne og de yngre læger valgt to specifikke områder: anæstesiafdelingerne og de radiologiske afdelinger.

”En konflikt på landets hospitaler må selvsagt ikke bringe patienter med livstruende sygdomme i fare eller sætte patienternes førlighed på spil. En konflikt på hospitalerne kan ikke undgå at berøre patienterne, men ved at vælge de radiologiske afdelinger og anæstesiafdelingerne kan vi sikre, at patienter med livstruende sygdomme og akutte patienter ikke bliver ramt. Der vil således primært komme længere ventetid på behandling, som er forsvarlig at udsætte, f.eks. planlagte operationer,” siger Lisbeth Lintz og Camilla Ratchke.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
The whole idea of lockout is to empty the strike coffers by making everyone functionally unemployed rather than the 10% the unions have elected for strike.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
The only guys who didn't vote to gently caress the workers last time was EL and LA.

http://www.ft.dk/samling/20121/afstemning/316.htm

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
In a meritocracy you'd expect low social mobility after a family has settled on a rung in the ladder, simply due to children inheriting their intelligence from their parents, which tends to put them in the same place on the ladder. That doesn't mean poor families can't have smart children. It just means that after closing gaps in childrens formative years for 2 generations, there's probably not that much hidden potential as there once was.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

Any news on the union conflicts in Denmark? I live in Iceland now so I'm a bit isolated from that sphere.

It's been put on hold for 2 weeks.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
I have no faith at all that they won't gently caress over the public sector employees just like they did the teachers and the general practice doctors last time. They'll end up delaying the strike for 4 weeks total and then they'll do a government intervention to completely favor the government. After all, election can wait until next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
I'm pleasently surprised that the labor dispute in Denmark ended with a bloodless victory for labor. Maybe it happened precisely because there's at most 13 months until the next election?